• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I don't know what's worse- that they gave Nova over to Loeb, or that they let Bendis take the Guardians. Being a modern Marvel Cosmic fan is truly suffering.

And they had such a good run up until then, too. Like, consistently good to amazing stuff since the 80s or so.
I don't count the 90s as actual part of comic history. I'd rather just deny their existence

Bro, 90s comics is all that Kepow knows. XTREME!!!

X-Force_Vol_1_30.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fuck you all for mocking my teenage years

Jim Lee X-Men was in the 90s :(

GManDH

The funny part is i didn't even care about nova but now that i get free stuff i do.

To thank Ultimate Pack owners and to celebrate the launch of Nova, on the day of Nova launch, all Ultimate Pack owners will receive:

Nova - Richard Rider Original

Nova - Richard Rider Nova Prime

Nova - Sam Alexander

Cosmic Penta Boost

Cosmic Mystery Box

Odin’s Bounty Boost

Omega Boost

Eternity Splinter Boost

Bounty Hunter Boost

Nova Stash Tab

..and an extra Silver Ultron companion pet for some Cybernetics fun.

We’re pumped about the upcoming launch of Nova and we are very happy we are now able to launch both Richard Rider and Sam Alexander side by side for Nova players.

As a note, all of the Nova costumes for launch will be costed as non-enhanced costumes for Nova.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought that ultimate founders pack in a second. But of course, hindsight and all.

I'll settle for buying every advance pack from now on (probably team up advance packs too)

GManDH

while its not confirmed amutha keeps popping up on hero threads and saying dont worry QOL coming for this hero. im thinking they are going to do QOL for each hero constantly. maybe every year theyll do a QOL on a group and switch it between that way the old heroes are always balanced with the new heroes.

Rhaknar

while its not confirmed amutha keeps popping up on hero threads and saying dont worry QOL coming for this hero. im thinking they are going to do QOL for each hero constantly. maybe every year theyll do a QOL on a group and switch it between that way the old heroes are always balanced with the new heroes.

They need to do QOL for team ups bad, I know they are doubling their health but I wonder if that's enough. Another one of those "baffling decisions" as I like to call them, you make this new system to use a companion, you make models, animations, voice acting, fx, you intend to release one or even two a month... And then 95% of the people use them as passives because they don't last 10seconds in end game content (I don't even mean raids). And this one is especially aggravating because from the economic side, you would think they want people to have them out so other people see them and buy them, or for the Pokemon "gotta catch them all" crowd.

I would love to do a interview with doomsaw or something and ask all this shit (politely), I'm tired of vanilla safe questions I hear every time they are on streams

Spoit

I don't know what's worse- that they gave Nova over to Loeb, or that they let Bendis take the Guardians. Being a modern Marvel Cosmic fan is truly suffering.

Nova got better after he left. It's still no rich, but it's a perfectly fine teen hero series now.

It also had more cosmo than gotg has had :(

Rhaknar

Nova got better after he left. It's still no rich, but it's a perfectly fine teen hero series now.

It also had more cosmo than gotg has had :(

Is Sam Nova on earth? And if so has he interacted with any superheroes yet?

Drayco21

Is Sam Nova on earth? And if so has he interacted with any superheroes yet?

He spends most of his adventures in space doing cosmic shit before coming home and going to school. He had a fun little tie-in to Superior Spider-Man where he discovered that Spider-Man is actually a huge asshole and mistook the Statue of Liberty for a dude, has had a couple run ins with Iron Man where Tony has attempted (and not really succeeded in) giving him sage advice for superheroing, and best of all, he and Beta Ray Bill rocked a three part adventure together doing all kinds of rad space stuff and being bros. He also met "Rocket Raccoon" a couple times, but I'm pretty sure that was the Skrull impostor who took his place after Annihilators ended.

Actually, the real best of all is that he's a member of the criminally underrated (
and soon to be canceled because everything I love in the comic industry has to fucking die while everything I loathe becomes fuckhuge.
) New Warriors book. He keeps mistaking Kaine for Spider-Man, Justice and Speedball tease him for being a shit superhero who is shit and should feel bad, and the rest of the team goes out to bars and tries to convince bartenders he's totally a 21 year old baby-faced guy. It's great.

Lord Phol

He spends most of his adventures in space doing cosmic shit before coming home and going to school. He had a fun little tie-in to Superior Spider-Man where he discovered that Spider-Man is actually a huge asshole and mistook the Statue of Liberty for a dude, has had a couple run ins with Iron Man where Tony has attempted (and not really succeeded in) giving him sage advice for superheroing, and best of all, he and Beta Ray Bill rocked a three part adventure together doing all kinds of rad space stuff and being bros. He also met "Rocket Raccoon" a couple times, but I'm pretty sure that was the Skrull impostor who took his place after Annihilators ended.

I might have liked Sam more if they didn't push him so hard trying to make him "cool and awesome!!!" in such a short amount of time. It really showed in the writing and made every story full of face-palm moments. What's worse is that instead of creating a whole new character they tried to make him a mini-Richard by pairing him up with all of Richards former friends and allies.

If they implement more story based rewards with new story content then I really hope they put some sort of system in place where it's account based rather than character based.

GManDH

If they implement more story based rewards with new story content then I really hope they put some sort of system in place where it's account based rather than character based.

they said something where it will be possible to play lower lvl content and still gain exp, so that might help.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
At least waypoints are account-wide now, made getting all the power points on Rogue less of a hassle, but yeah, preeeeetty sick of doing that. And I only get the power points, not the health/spirit bonuses and consumables, most of the time. If I did... oof.

I really hope they get rid of the level gated structure. It is so aggravating when I want to play with a friend, but our levels are a bit off so we can only do story mode / terms together when we want to do XD or MM. I've had plenty of times were I was grouping with a friend doing SQs / LQs and one of us levels up too high, locking us out from playing together >_<.

Rhaknar

man servers are down? there goes the only terminal rotation I could do today :(

Rhaknar

Yeah I assume it's a hotfix for various bugs (like the AIM/Maggia spawns in Midtown, hopefully the player indicators too).

its not, aparently it was for hardware maintenance...lol. Oh Gaz

couldnt have done it duing stupid holo sim rotation either could you?

edit: ETA on servers is 30-45mins, you know, just in time for the next holo sim rotation :p

Rhaknar

servers are up, at least I can get 30mins of terminals in today :(

KePoW

Banned
I really hope they get rid of the level gated structure. It is so aggravating when I want to play with a friend, but our levels are a bit off so we can only do story mode / terms together when we want to do XD or MM. I've had plenty of times were I was grouping with a friend doing SQs / LQs and one of us levels up too high, locking us out from playing together >_<.

But that's pretty much how all ARPGs and MMOs are. Just kinda par for the course.

its not, aparently it was for hardware maintenance...lol. Oh Gaz

couldnt have done it duing stupid holo sim rotation either could you?

edit: ETA on servers is 30-45mins, you know, just in time for the next holo sim rotation :p

y u hate holo sim broski??

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Just bought the Rogue pack from a Steam trader. It's a shame it doesn't come with the costume like the Rogue bundle from the ingame store. The 500G is nice, though. Basically got Rogue, a hero stash and some boosts for 6 bucks.

Volimar

Just bought the Rogue pack from a Steam trader. It's a shame it doesn't come with the costume like the Rogue bundle from the ingame store. The 500G is nice, though. Basically got Rogue, a hero stash and some boosts for 6 bucks.

The 90's costume is really the only thing I want from MH right now. I might grab it when I get some disposable income together.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
The 90's costume is really the only thing I want from MH right now. I might grab it when I get some disposable income together.

I actually prefer the default costume, but it's just nice to have the option to use it. I wonder why they made the Steam pack different from the regular one.

Volimar

Get your shit together Marvel Heroes!

Hey all,

We're seeing issues where players are receiving Error Loading Character - we are bringing the service down to investigate ASAP to insure no data is lost.

Thanks for your patience!

Lord Phol

Admin: System Shutdown.
Me: Ok..

Edit: And now their forum died.
Edt 2: No it's alive, just really slow.
Edit 3: Back to normal (kind of), now get those servers up dawg!

KePoW

Banned
Yes he is floating!

Stance looks quite similar to the one in MvC3 (which was awesome) with the clenched fist and all.

For comparison:

oh man broski Phol... don't tell me you're one of those krazies who are really picky about a character's *stance*!

I thought those people only existed on the official forums!!

Edit 3: Back to normal (kind of), now get those servers up dawg!
I'm doing the best I can!

oh man broski Phol... don't tell me you're one of those krazies who are really picky about a character's *stance*!

I thought those people only existed on the official forums!!
I wouldn't really say that commentating that he likes the stance Gaz choose equates to him being "one of those krazies". I think it looks cool too. :p

Rhaknar

UcMArRP.jpg

day 1 when the review hits

edit: servers back, but midtown bosses not dropping odin chests lol

Top Bottom