• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

DrAg0nBoY

One question about this weeks event. Do Odin's boxes always drop in x-def out of the last chest? Or how does this event work? :D

And then what is the easiest and quickest way to farm them?

Well, except Punisher. Because fuck that character. >_>

My first 60. I'll always love you, Frank!

Are you missing points? My build is roughly the same except:

1- 1 point the shield turret, stay in melee-ish range, and re-cast it when it's on cooldown. It tends to be low cost due to all the -turret powers and does decent damage, albeit on a cooldown.

2- 1 point in BFG, 20 points in mini-gun. 1 point in BFG + turrets is enough to clear trash just fine I find. Mini gun lets be put out my main DPS on bosses.

Yes, that's not my exact build, I just stole it off the forums since it's an approximation of what I run. I haven't considered using BFG at all since my turrets and AOE grenade lay waste to trash. Most of my focus is on pumping out the maximum amount of damage on a single target, but I suppose one point can't hurt.

----

Jean update: fully decked out aside from needing to unlock ranks 4 and 5 of Gungnir. I'm going for an all out critical build to boost my 3,500 damage rating on her. So far, so good. I'm not using Dark Phoenix currently, so I can't face tank cosmic bosses, but I'm used to that approach from playing as Psylocke and Dr. Strange. Mobility is good, ticking dots are good, and crit is very good. I'm currently sitting at 52% critical chance for 300%ish damage (will go up more when I unlock rank 4 on Gung) and 39% brutal for 445% damage. It feels like her baseline damage on some of her abilities is a bit low, probably because she's applying all her damage to everything on the screen at once. I feel like stacking crit and brutal will be key to pumping out her damage.

One modification I made based on discussion on the forums is I reduced Neural Panic to one point (still reaches a high number with +skills) and instead boosted Kinetic Wave to max level. It has a 4 second cooldown and casts instantly, so it doesn't disrupt you TK Throw at all. Basically, I'm casting Mind Crush, layering my two dots, using her signature on cooldown, then spamming TK Throw while weaving in an instant Kinetic Wave every four seconds. It's one more button to hit every 4 seconds but the damage feels worthwhile and it doesn't interrupt anything in the rotation. I'm getting brutals on it for 650K, so it's a big damage boost over just maxing out Neural Panic. Food for thought.

Vecks

One question about this weeks event. Do Odin's boxes always drop in x-def out of the last chest? Or how does this event work? :D

And then what is the easiest and quickest way to farm them?

The event is based on a rotating schedule on the website (but it's not always on time). So if it is time for x-def/holo-sim then the boxes will drop out only from the last chest. Easier to farm them during Midtown (most bosses will drop one, with a few exceptions) or Terminals.

DrAg0nBoY

The event is based on a rotating schedule on the website (but it's not always on time). So if it is time for x-def/holo-sim then the boxes will drop out only from the last chest. Easier to farm them during Midtown (most bosses will drop one, with a few exceptions) or Terminals.

Oh ok, that means they where not on time, because it should be Midtown but was still X-DEF.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The rotating event thing, it's pretty new right? Few months old or something? I'm sure there were no rotating events every week months ago before I took a break

It's quite ingenious really, always something "new" every week, keeps it fresh, and of course, "makes" you buy whatever new boost/card/whatever they come up with for the event. They got this F2P shit down to a T don't they?

For spirit, I use a 25% medkit core and 5 points in destroyer armor. It's still not enough and often you'll find yourself taking damage on purpose to trigger the medkit core.
Would a combination of Agamotto + Captain Marvel be a good idea for sustain? For slightly less Omega Points, you can put 5 points into CM and 1 into Aga to get a 5% chance on all hits to generate a spirit orb that fully regens your spirit vs a 5% chance to regen 42 spirit on hit when <50% spirit total. It's also a combo that would work for anyone, not just energy (Destroyer) or mental (Mephisto).

I haven't tried this out yet due being low on OP, so this is just an idea. IDK if the spirit orb appears on top of you or if you'd have to chase it down. If it's the latter, then I could see it being a DPS loss.

Jean update
I'm curious. What's your build? I'm playing Phoenix basically the same as you are and have been debating between using Egg or Time Travelers for her slot 2.
Egg:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314379835
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314384258

Time Travelers:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314379840
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314384268

With my current rolls:
Egg has +14 Panic, +8 Unleash, +7 Inferno. +Energy / Mental Defense
Time Travlers has +5 Lethargy and Detection, +1300 HP, +300 Base Defense, +4.2 SoH

I'm thinking that Egg wins out here, but IDK if the increased Detection would be more beneficial.

(I'm working on the Arts and Medal (currently Pyro) too, the ones I have currently are leftovers from my pre-review build)

Blank!

Would a combination of Agamotto + Captain Marvel be a good idea for sustain? For slightly less Omega Points, you can put 5 points into CM and 1 into Aga to get a 5% chance on all hits to generate a spirit orb that fully regens your spirit vs a 5% chance to regen 42 spirit on hit when <50% spirit total. It's also a combo that would work for anyone, not just energy (Destroyer) or mental (Mephisto).

I haven't tried this out yet due being low on OP, so this is just an idea. IDK if the spirit orb appears on top of you or if you'd have to chase it down. If it's the latter, then I could see it being a DPS loss.

Think you read the descriptions wrong. Captain Marvel just has a chance to generate a spirit orb... you know, those blue orbs that give 10 spirit back? Those are worthless.

Agamatto gives full spirit REGENERATION (ie, natural spirit regeneration) for 1 - 5 seconds meaning you can continue to cast spells that cost spirit, and spirit will still regenerate naturally (ala surfer + EMF pre nerf)... except natural spirit regeneration sucks and it's a 1158 point sink just for 5 seconds of natural regen.

Forgot to mention, I won't be around this Wednesday (though Friday at least) so won't be able to lead the raid.

Volimar

Rogue is so boss with AOE damage powers.

Right now I use Cyc for basic attacks, Thor, Storm, Jean, and her signature. Also a few passives. Haven't found any single target DPS powers that I like so far.

FeD.nL

Rogue is so boss with AOE damage powers.

Right now I use Cyc for basic attacks, Thor, Storm, Jean, and her signature. Also a few passives. Haven't found any single target DPS powers that I like so far.

Yup, using a lot of AoE myself too with Fangs of Farralah as single target. Am using 9 CD spells so Fangs is doing 180% extra dmg.

I think my patience with this game and the unfixed bugs and issues has reached its limited. After figuring out that this week's event is broken for finding anything good for level 60s, and farming rock trolls isn't fun so I decided to not bother. So i decided to level some of my lower level characters but I can't even do that anymore. The screen fills up with location targets so the quest log, chat window and map become hidden. Certain enemies no longer spawn so a large number of Legendary Quests are impossible to finish. Worse, the game is randomly wigging out. I don't know how to phrase this properly. For example, I was battling Loki, I died. I expected to respawn in the waiting chamber but instead I was at the prologue bank, when I tried to go back to Odin's palace, I got kicked out. Similar things have happen. This was after a cosmic week where it was impossible to get items you needed to craft items.

I don't want to be one of those complainers but this is too frustrating.

Who do you get Fangs of Farralah from? Madame Hydra?

Dr. Strange :)

I think my patience with this game and the unfixed bugs and issues has reached its limited. After figuring out that this week's event is broken for finding anything good for level 60s, and farming rock trolls isn't fun so I decided to not bother. So i decided to level some of my lower level characters but I can't even do that anymore. The screen fills up with location targets so the quest log, chat window and map become hidden. Certain enemies no longer spawn so a large number of Legendary Quests are impossible to finish. Worse, the game is randomly wigging out. I don't know how to phrase this properly. For example, I was battling Loki, I died. I expected to respawn in the waiting chamber but instead I was at the prologue bank, when I tried to go back to Odin's palace, I got kicked out. Similar things have happen. This was after a cosmic week where it was impossible to get items you needed to craft items.

I don't want to be one of those complainers but this is too frustrating.

Yeah, that sucks. I had some weird graphical glitches on Friday night, seemed to be working ok yesterday, but this event isn't anything special. I do like loot explosions in general and the new vacuum helped. I think the best thing to do is just take a break until you get that ARPG itch again. Switching around to Diablo or PoE or Torchlight helps too.

Think you read the descriptions wrong. Captain Marvel just has a chance to generate a spirit orb... you know, those blue orbs that give 10 spirit back? Those are worthless.

Agamatto gives full spirit REGENERATION (ie, natural spirit regeneration) for 1 - 5 seconds meaning you can continue to cast spells that cost spirit, and spirit will still regenerate naturally (ala surfer + EMF pre nerf)... except natural spirit regeneration sucks and it's a 1158 point sink just for 5 seconds of natural regen.

Forgot to mention, I won't be around this Wednesday (though Friday at least) so won't be able to lead the raid.
Ah! I misunderstood. I thought it meant that full spirit regen meant it would instantly regen you to full spirit for a full X seconds. Basically giving you unlimited spirit during that time. I guess that would be too broken (especially for something so low cost).

Are there any good sustain nodes then for non Energy / Mental characters, then?

Ploid 3.0

ah dang, I can't afford to reroll at all right now. thx though haha

Shucks man, I had good ones. I kept getting them and since the one I used for my characters (I doubt I'd need 2 since I can just unbind) I just dropped them in Avengers Tower. Good rolls too.

I may be too late but I'll check if I kept one extra.

Ploid 3.0

Finding a regular latverian regalia has been even more of a nightmare.

I've also had a few of these. To tell you the truth the reason I drop them so fast is that I never traded items in the game and never felt like trying it. If there was a mailing system it would be nicer.

Edit: Just used the trade system, it's not bad.

I have a few in my stash, I dunno if I have a lvl 60 one, but I can check when I come back from class later, if you want.

The regular one is like a level 34 artifact which is why it's so hard to find. The advanced one is the only one that drops once you reach the advanced artifact's level.

I'm curious. What's your build? I'm playing Phoenix basically the same as you are and have been debating between using Egg or Time Travelers for her slot 2.
Egg:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314379835
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314384258

Time Travelers:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314379840
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314384268

With my current rolls:
Egg has +14 Panic, +8 Unleash, +7 Inferno. +Energy / Mental Defense
Time Travlers has +5 Lethargy and Detection, +1300 HP, +300 Base Defense, +4.2 SoH

I'm thinking that Egg wins out here, but IDK if the increased Detection would be more beneficial.

(I'm working on the Arts and Medal (currently Pyro) too, the ones I have currently are leftovers from my pre-review build)

For slot 2? Neither of those. Crest of the Black Phoenix, all day, every day! This isn't my gear (my rolls are higher and higher item level), but here's the only image I could find of it on the forums.
4ZkSA8j.jpg

What does Taskmaster's Handbook, Black Tom's and Hand of Nimrod trade for? I got a few of each and could use them for some blessings, while focusing my OM on Legs.

Alternatively, what do good cores trade for? I've never gotten a single 25%+Invuln lvl 60, only a single 48 X-Gene with that and RIF or SIF.

GManDH

What does Taskmaster's Handbook, Black Tom's and Hand of Nimrod trade for? I got a few of each and could use them for some blessings, while focusing my OM on Legs.

Alternatively, what do good cores trade for? I've never gotten a single 25%+Invuln lvl 60, only a single 48 X-Gene with that and RIF or SIF.

you have a black tom??? that alone might actually get u the core u want, or even better. the other ones trade for 1-2b each, maybe 3 depending on high roll.

I sold a Hand of Nimrod with terrible rolls for a blessing. I have two Taskmaster's that I'm sitting on since the market doesn't feel particularly strong for them. No clue on Black Tom's, sorry.

Blank!

Taskmaster nothing.
Black tom usually 2 to 6 depending on roll.
Nimrod loki rune to 2 depending on roll.

On the subject of trading, is there any good FAQ / Guide somewhere? Any place to see things' market values?

I'm assuming blessings are the general currency / standard value determinant for trades. Would this be accurate? I've never traded outside of with GAF and other friends, but I see people in the social chat frequently mentioning trading X item for Y blessings.

How are things that aren't worth a whole blessing valued? I see Blank mentioned Loki runes, are rare runes of that elk used for smaller trades / added to blessing values that are worth more than Y blessings but not Y+1? I'm guessing all the ones with special symbols like Loki, Thor, Sif, Saturn, Doop, etc... would fit this role. How many of these kind of runes would be equal to a blessing?

thats a good place to start though i disagree with the rune pricing.

How would you price the runes? Also I typically trade runes with guild mates if they ask nicely, so I don't really give them value like I would the top artifacts in the game.

edit: don't mean to sound defensive, btw. Just interested to know if there's a good/better price list for runes somewhere...

Blank!

How would you price the runes? Also I typically trade runes with guild mates if they ask nicely, so I don't really give them value like I would the top artifacts in the game.

edit: don't mean to sound defensive, btw. Just interested to know if there's a good/better price list for runes somewhere...

Vast majority of runes are worth nothing. You might be able to bulk trade them especially cattle but not for very much.

Loki is considered half a blessing. Serpent moon Saturn are about the same. Tyr is 3. Frigga is 1 and odin is 2. Thor is 3. Drop is 4. Zod is a lot.

Sif/ymir and below have no value. Rune value fluctuates you'll sometimes see the above going for more just depends on how desperate people are for it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
lol I just learned treasure rooms no longer spawn and the MGH factory is gone as well. Also no Maggia/AIM in Midtown. Broken player pointers. Did I miss anything?

They really screwed the pooch with this patch.

lol I just learned treasure rooms no longer spawn and the MGH factory is gone as well. Also no Maggia/AIM in Midtown. Broken player pointers. Did I miss anything?

They really screwed the pooch with this patch.
Friday had the item dupe and 0 credit/exp glitch, Saturday DCs + mini rollbacks, Sunday changing to boosted terminals an hour late (AND the in-game announcement saying it was for Midtown).

Not to mention the utter annoyance of hunting 500 Rock Trolls daily.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Friday had the item dupe and 0 credit/exp glitch, Saturday DCs + mini rollbacks, Sunday changing to boosted terminals an hour late (AND the in-game announcement saying it was for Midtown).

Not to mention the utter annoyance of hunting 500 Rock Trolls daily.

non-level 60 uniques dropping from lvl 60 odin chests is a biggie

Just checked, I have 2. I want to keep one for myself, but you can have the other one, Affe. It's +21.5% summon damage (looks like the 3% chance of summoning the drone is static).
Edit: Nm it's 3 (had one in another box). That one's 22.8%. You can have either (or both idgaf lol).

Rhaknar

doing some little touches on my Rocket spec, 2 things.

A) yes that dot grenade is awesome, I didnt know it was a dot. I also got the 10% dmg grenade (1 point) for the buff since it lasts the same as the dot anyway

B) i tried 1 point in the slow turret, what the fuck is the point? the dot grenade already slows for Loki synergy, and the dmg from the turret dying is nice...but turrets rarely die from dmg, and it lasts 1.8mins even with just 1 point (because of all the buffs it gets from gear)!

I also dropped BFG completely which is fine...until bosses have the stupid bubble shield >_>

Blank!

doing some little touches on my Rocket spec, 2 things.

A) yes that dot grenade is awesome, I didnt know it was a dot. I also got the 10% dmg grenade (1 point) for the buff since it lasts the same as the dot anyway

B) i tried 1 point in the slow turret, what the fuck is the point? the dot grenade already slows for Loki synergy, and the dmg from the turret dying is nice...but turrets rarely die from dmg, and it lasts 1.8mins even with just 1 point (because of all the buffs it gets from gear)!

I also dropped BFG completely which is fine...until bosses have the stupid bubble shield >_>

I found Neptune's trident sufficient for the vulnerability. Then again, I also use anti-metal slot 1 so I nixed it entirely. It's got a clunky animation/delay to it but YMMV.

The slow turret can be self detonated every 4 seconds. Simply re-cast it and it explodes. It's also an agro catcher.

I personally 1 point BFG just for AoE situations/deflection shields.

Rhaknar

I found Neptune's trident sufficient for the vulnerability. Then again, I also use anti-metal slot 1 so I nixed it entirely. It's got a clunky animation/delay to it but YMMV.

The slow turret can be self detonated every 4 seconds. Simply re-cast it and it explodes. It's also an agro catcher.

I personally 1 point BFG just for AoE situations/deflection shields.

oh recasting counts as it dying? I see

that requires a lot of weaving in and out tho, or is the radius of the blast as big as the radius of the slow (which by the circle of the turret on the ground seems huge)

I used to raid with a maxed time warp turret before it was nerfed. It was pretty fun because you could blow it up every .5 seconds but the damage was lower than it was listed, so it still wasn't OP damage even at 20 points in it. With the nerf I find it annoying to weave in and out every 4 seconds to stop shooting my guns to drop the time warp turret down, which only has 1 point in it now. It is annoying if they move and inherently risky because most RR don't really need to take any defenses since they can avoid damage by hanging back. So I only use it as a 1 pointer for aggro/slow even though I can already slow without it.

Rhaknar

I used to raid with a maxed time warp turret before it was nerfed. It was pretty fun because you could blow it up every .5 seconds but the damage was lower than it was listed, so it still wasn't OP damage even at 20 points in it. With the nerf I find it annoying to weave in and out every 4 seconds to stop shooting my guns to drop the time warp turret down, which only has 1 point in it now. It is annoying if they move and inherently risky because most RR don't really need to take any defenses since they can avoid damage by hanging back. So I only use it as a 1 pointer for aggro/slow even though I can already slow without it.

I was going to ask if maxing it out it was amazing (since the dmg with just 1 point seems great, at least on the tooltip) like Strange's best aoe is "secretly" his CC breaker (most ppl dont realize it has a huge aoe component to it), but the turret situation sounds like more trouble than its worth tbh :(

anyway, today was a good day RNG wise, on par with the first day of the event. Not only did I fully gear up Cyclops with 60 uniques (including a any-hero to replace his silly melee slot 3) and a legendary, but I got my first odin blessing too. Granted, all I got from it was absolutely crap, all bad any-hero uniques and a couple of rocket stuff but nothing i needed, but I dont even care, at least it happened.

Edit: any founder pack owners on Gaf? If so you will get a bunch of boosts and shit with Nova to make up for the delay, 2 Richard costumes (2 enhanced costumes I think, since one is Nova Prime we know and the other is original Nova costume, which is still Richard so it won't work with Sam's lines I imagine), the Nova stash tab and more stuff

Good on Gaz I guess, the Nova delay was beyond ridiculous

Drayco21

Edit: any founder pack owners on Gaf? If so you will get a bunch of boosts and shit with Nova to make up for the delay, 2 Richard costumes (2 enhanced costumes I think, since one is Nova Prime we know and the other is original Nova costume, which is still Richard so it won't work with Sam's lines I imagine), the Nova stash tab and more stuff

Good on Gaz I guess, the Nova delay was beyond ridiculous

It's still crazy that they're stuck with Sam as the default, even though all of his costumes are going to be for Rich, all of his powers are based on how Rich used his powers, and everyone involved in developing him wants it to be Rich. Good on them for charging for the Rich costumes like normal costumes though- it'd be weird and kinda lame if Nova's costumes were just the one or two they could force for Sam and a dozen enhanced.

Rhaknar

It's still crazy that they're stuck with Sam as the default, even though all of his costumes are going to be for Rich, all of his powers are based on how Rich used his powers, and everyone involved in developing him wants it to be Rich. Good on them for charging for the Rich costumes like normal costumes though- it'd be weird and kinda lame if Nova's costumes were just the one or two they could force for Sam and a dozen enhanced.

Wait what? Where did you see his costumes will be normal price and not enhanced price?

Drayco21

Wait what? Where did you see his costumes will be normal price and not enhanced price?

Second page of the Nova Pack forum thread, from the mouth of Doomsaw himself (Who's also been saying Rich is planned to cost normal prices for months now on livestream chats):

Doomsaw said:
All of the Nova costumes will be 900g. We're going to basically absorb the voice acting and production costs because of the special nature of Nova.

Spoit

Vast majority of runes are worth nothing. You might be able to bulk trade them especially cattle but not for very much.

Loki is considered half a blessing. Serpent moon Saturn are about the same. Tyr is 3. Frigga is 1 and odin is 2. Thor is 3. Drop is 4. Zod is a lot.

Sif/ymir and below have no value. Rune value fluctuates you'll sometimes see the above going for more just depends on how desperate people are for it.

Oh, loki's are back up to 1/2, rather than 1/3? maybe I should try to sell some

Rhaknar

Second page of the Nova Pack forum thread, from the mouth of Doomsaw himself (Who's also been saying Rich is planned to cost normal prices for months now on livestream chats):

I did not know this! You just saved me 550g then :)

Rhaknar

Do you know if that's strictly Marvel decision, not Gaz?

Marvel decides everything, they are ridiculously over protective of their brand, especially after the Disney buyout

Drayco21

Do you know if that's strictly Marvel decision, not Gaz?

Well, they're saying it's a Marvel decision to make Sam the default. It's probably just a Jeph Loeb screamed that "the people are going to take his son surrogate and they're gonna like it" decision, and no one else wanted to argue with him because he's crazy.

KePoW

Banned
Well, they're saying it's a Marvel decision to make Sam the default. It's probably just a Jeph Loeb screamed that "the people are going to take his son surrogate and they're gonna like it" decision, and no one else wanted to argue with him because he's crazy.

haha dang dra, u hate Loeb's guts!!

haha dang dra, u hate Loeb's guts!!

Everyone does.

Ultifounder reporting for duty, Sir.

Top Bottom