• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Studios SDCC 2024 Hall H Panel

What if RDJ plays Doom and Iron Man!?

out of hand GIF

YukiOnna

I didn't think they'd go that far to bring back Downey and Russo Bros. Very nice (and funny as hell). I wonder how much money it took for the former

So Kang is completely removed then?

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
For those confused by RDJ playing Dr. Doom ... Do y'all read comics? Because there's precedent for this happening.

Not exactly the same thing but this IS the Multiverse Saga. And I'm sure they'll reference Chris Evans as Johnny Storm.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I just hope they stick to RDJs 5'7" height or whatever, have him CONSTANTLY being shorter than everyone around him and it being a big problem for him :p

poodaddy

Gold Member
It'll be a while. They don't even start filming until Tuesday.
How do they already have a decent bit of footage from that teaser if they haven't started filming yet. Is that just preproduction hype type footage they shot for events like this?

poodaddy

Gold Member
Pre-vis test footage.
Ah, got ya. Dammit....well at least I'm excited about Marvel again. The waits gonna feel long, but we're fuckin back boys. Marvel looks to be fully back on track, good to see. For the first time in years, I'm excited about every single Marvel film project on the horizon....feels good to say.

ManaByte

Ah, got ya. Dammit....well at least I'm excited about Marvel again. The waits gonna feel long, but we're fuckin back boys. Marvel looks to be fully back on track, good to see. For the first time in years, I'm excited about every single Marvel film project on the horizon....feels good to say.
Feige finally gets his 1960s set F4. Only took 20 years. Peyton Reed pitched it to Marvel back when Fox was making the first movie and Feige wanted it in the 60s, but was overruled.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Feige finally gets his 1960s set F4. Only took 20 years. Peyton Reed pitched it to Marvel back when Fox was making the first movie and Feige wanted it in the 60s, but was overruled.
We finally get the Russo brothers back too, meaning Avengers are gonna be great for the next couple entries ensured. Also, Pedro Pascal seemed to be nailing Reed Richards from that teaser. I'll be the first to admit I was not a fan of his casting for Reed, but he's really pulling off that kind, no nonsense, unbelievably brilliant and knows he is vibe so well. It's a more nuanced character than some realize, and I didn't know if Pedro would nail it but he seems to "get it." Super excited to see how Ben looks in the final renders, and I wonder how their Torch's look will compare with other incarnations through the non MCU FF films.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
This version of Fantasic Four, are they part of another universe or the same one as the Avengers?
I think the rumors point to it being an alternate universe with a sort of 60's Jetsons feel and they hop over to "our" universe at some point.

ManaByte

Should be the same one.
They will probably travel in time or some shit to explain their absence until now.

Huh? Feige already said they're in a different universe where the 60s are basically like the Jetsons. The footage shows Reed explaining the multiverse to elementary students. Likely what happens is Galactus shows up, eats their Earth, and Reed uses his knowledge of parallel universes to escape to the 616 universe.

I think the rumors point to it being an alternate universe with a sort of 60's Jetsons feel and they hop over to "our" universe at some point.

It's not a rumor, Feige already explained it's a separate universe with a futuristic 60s and the footage they showed had Reed talking about other universes.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Getting RDJ back and being Doom sounds like an act of desperation to me, and he's an award winner. He could probably decide his own paycheck. But shifting to Doom is a ultimately a good move. Kang went nowhere in my opinion. Doom should be much more popular.

Huh? Feige already said they're in a different universe where the 60s are basically like the Jetsons. The footage shows Reed explaining the multiverse to elementary students. Likely what happens is Galactus shows up, eats their Earth, and Reed uses his knowledge of parallel universes to escape to the 616 universe.

It's not a rumor, Feige already explained it's a separate universe with a futuristic 60s and the footage they showed had Reed talking about other universes.
Oh okay, did not know that. Thanks!
Hopefully this will be the first decent F4 movie.

Top Bottom