• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

I would like to know what's so lacking in BB in the mobility department.
I find double-tapping archaic, and the game has no tridashing either.

I'll answer that for you, the mechanics of how the movement works. In bb it's double tap for dashing. In MvC3 it's..... MASH TWO BUTTONS AND DOWN OVER AND OVER
I don't care too much about wavedashing; it's neat, but I never even thought about the lack of it in BlazBlue until you brought it up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Karsticles said:
I find double-tapping archaic, and the game has no tridashing either.

I don't care too much about wavedashing; it's neat, but I never even thought about the lack of it in BlazBlue until you brought it up.
Tridashing in GG or BB would break the fuck out of the game x.x Wave dashing doesn't really matter since BB uses a RUN system not a DASH

Tridashing in GG or BB would break the fuck out of the game x.x Wave dashing doesn't really matter since BB uses a RUN system not a DASH
Yeah it would; I'm not complaining, I like BlazBlue (minus double tapping). Wave dashing matters for backward dashes still. I use Tager, so it's all the same to me regardless. ;-)

Edit: Oh, and I find "run" dashes awkward. It feels so awkward to use Zero or Amaterasu. Not that they ground dash much anyway.

smurfx

get some go again
please stop talking about blaz blue. couldn't care less about that game.

2n21g12.gif

Dahbomb

Sorry guys I was away doing my rounds and I missed the post on the first page of the new OT. :(

And I feel dumb as fuck for not knowing what the OT title means. :(

*que someone explaining the joke to me*

It seems as the creator of the OT, I should be editing it with the UMVC3 information plus Changelog. I will get on it over the weekend.

Neki

Dahbomb said:
Sorry guys I was away doing my rounds and I missed the post on the first page of the new OT. :(

And I feel dumb as fuck for not knowing what the OT title means. :(

*que someone explaining the joke to me*

It seems as the creator of the OT, I should be editing it with the UMVC3 information plus Changelog. I will get on it over the weekend.

because none of us can control it.

Dahbomb

Considering that most "unblockables" aren't true unblockables it would be really hard to test/confirm. Most stuff in UMVC3 is just REALLY hard to block but with computer like reflexes you should be able to block most stuff that is considered unblockable.

Dahbomb

Gotcha. Any idea how the engine prioritizes a low and overhead attack landing on the same frame?
No idea, would like to see the information on that myself too. Maybe you can get some answers over at SRK, someone may have figured this out already.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
_dementia said:
I think I'll get Ultimate on 360.

wary about ragemail though :/
Haven't gotten ragemail in months. Closest thing was running into someone with the gamertag "I make them quit" who will disconnect on a loss 100% of the time, lol.

Lots of taunting on Live these days though. My favorite was a Dormammu who put a flame carpet on my dead body and then just flight-canceled it and sat back in mid-air like a boss. I can appreciate gloating with style.

smurfx

get some go again
Sixfortyfive said:
Haven't gotten ragemail in months. Closest thing was running into someone with the gamertag "I make them quit" who will disconnect on a loss 100% of the time, lol.

Lots of taunting on Live these days though. My favorite was a Dormammu who put a flame carpet on my dead body and then just flight-canceled it and sat back in mid-air like a boss. I can appreciate gloating with style.
lol funny you mention that since mastacj had a run in with him and got it on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efteMP7ZotA

i think i've played this guy too.

Anth0ny

Tobe1 said:
just learned how to do it properly, time to troll people online :D

I bet Capcom won't patch vanilla, and this glitch will exist for trolls to exploit forever. Knowing Capcom, they'll use it in marketing.

"Don't want to get caught in the Deadpool/Trish glitch? Buy Ultimate MvC3!"

smurfx

get some go again
Anth0ny said:
I bet Capcom won't patch vanilla, and this glitch will exist for trolls to exploit forever. Knowing Capcom, they'll use it in marketing.

"Don't want to get caught in the Deadpool/Trish glitch? Buy Ultimate MvC3!"
they better not do some bullshit like that. they probably will patch it though. can't have people get pissed off at mvc and decide to not buy umvc3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DR2K said:
I don't know if I should be happy or disappointed that I didn't make the list.

Storm is the best character in MVC2 btw.
Ultimoo plays Sent, GB currently uses Mags, and I played Cable in MvC2. Dahbomb got stuck with the goddess tier.

Dahbomb

LOL I can't believe someone has more posts than me in the MVC3 thread! Congrats to Ultimoo for Sentinel tier.

Oh and FYI I DID main Storm in MVC2. :)

We should have a complete photoshop of that list with MVC3 character tier list. Ultimoo can have Phoenix I want Dante or Wolverine like a BOSS. :D

Oh and MVC3 Top 15 tier list if you really wanna do the honors:

Phoenix
Wolverine
Dante
Wesker
Magneto
Amaterasu
Zero
Taskmaster
She Hulk
Dormammu
C Viper
Akuma
Trish
Dr Doom
Spencer

If you wanna do MVC2 here's top 15 (to the best of my knowledge, haven't followed high level MVC2 play in a couple of years)

Sentinel
Storm
Magneto
Cable
Strider
Cyclops
Iron Man
War Machine
Doctor Doom
Spiral
Blackheart
Psylocke
Captain Commando
Tron Bonne
Dhalsim

Caj814

Ha, nice title for OT3.

and for those who may have missed it. Here is the first Volume of my last hurrah combo video for vanilla mvc3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEFqm4a9KnI

Was there any other team combinations that anyone here wants to see featured for the next volumes? I plan to release 1 each month until UMvC3s November release.

shaowebb

Dahbomb said:
LOL I can't believe someone has more posts than me in the MVC3 thread! Congrats to Ultimoo for Sentinel tier.

We should have a complete photoshop of that list with MVC3 character tier list. Ultimoo can have Phoenix I want Dante or Wolverine like a BOSS. :D

Phoenix
Wolverine
Dante
Wesker
Magneto
Amaterasu
Zero
Taskmaster
She Hulk
Dormammu
C Viper
Akuma
Trish
Dr Doom
Spencer

Woo! Made the list at 13 by a point over prototype!
1, 2...???
I don't play Trish :(

Dahbomb said:

Phoenix
Wolverine
Dante
Wesker
Magneto
Amaterasu
Zero
Taskmaster
She Hulk
Dormammu
C Viper
Akuma
Trish
Dr Doom
Spencer

If you wanna do MVC2 here's top 15 (to the best of my knowledge, haven't followed high level MVC2 play in a couple of years)

Sentinel
Storm
Magneto
Cable
Strider
Cyclops
Iron Man
War Machine
Doctor Doom
Spiral
Blackheart
Psylocke
Captain Commando
Tron Bonne
Dhalsim
Enzo is gonna be busy tonight.

:D

Dahbomb

If I had to nominate characters to users:

Phoenix - Ultimoo
Wolverine - Dahbomb
Dante - Enzo
Wesker - Dementia (?)
Magneto - Gods Beard
Amaterasu - SolarPowered
Zero - Parallax Scroll
Taskmaster - QisTopTier
She Hulk - Ferrio (?)
Dormammu - Karsticles
C Viper - USD
Akuma - Grecco (?)
Trish - Prototype (?)
Dr Doom - Professor Beef
Spencer - Shaowebb

? the people who I don't know if they even play the mentioned characters (probably not but that's the only one they could fit in). I guess me and Grecco are best friends forever? Don't know many Akuma players here.

Dahbomb said:
If I had to nominate characters to users:

Phoenix - Ultimoo
Wolverine - Dahbomb
Dante - Enzo
Wesker - Dementia (?)
Magneto - Gods Beard
Amaterasu - SolarPowered
Zero - Parallax Scroll
Taskmaster - QisTopTier
She Hulk - Ferrio (?)
Dormammu - Karsticles
C Viper - USD
Akuma - Grecco (?)
Trish - Prototype (?)
Dr Doom - Professor Beef
Spencer - Shaowebb

? the people who I don't know if they even play the mentioned characters (probably not but that's the only one they could fit in). I guess me and Grecco are best friends forever? Don't know many Akuma players here.

edit: I GET IT NOW!

edit 2: Guess I should learn Trish now

Tobe

holy shit at the long ass set i just played with solar. GG im really impressed on the leveling up specially with ammy.

Top Bottom