• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Lots of taunting on Live these days though. My favorite was a Dormammu who put a flame carpet on my dead body and then just flight-canceled it and sat back in mid-air like a boss. I can appreciate gloating with style.
I wish Dormammu could special-cancel Flame Carpet.

and for those who may have missed it. Here is the first Volume of my last hurrah combo video for vanilla mvc3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEFqm4a9KnI

Was there any other team combinations that anyone here wants to see featured for the next volumes? I plan to release 1 each month until UMvC3s November release.
The video was really nice.

Dormammu - Karsticles
*nod*

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the full roster gets assigned to the top posters. I missed the top 15 by 7 places or something.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Just ordered a new laptop plus a possibly unnecessary volume of video equipment of varying functions. Hoping to use some of it to get into streaming in the near future.

Just ordered a new laptop plus a possibly unnecessary volume of video equipment of varying functions. Hoping to use some of it to get into streaming in the near future.
I would love some Morrigan tutorials. I'm just picking her up and plan to put her on my main team in UMvC3. I will probably go back to Doom if she doesn't work out, but I really want her to.

JeTmAn81

Just played a guy running Team Herp Derp (Wolverine/Sentinel/Phoenix, later switching Sentinel for Akuma) and I eventually ended up saying eff it and matching Team Viscant (Wesker/Haggar/Phoenix) against him. When it came down to Dark Phoenixes we ended up both spamming c.L for about ten seconds straight. GGs, vanilla Marvel.

Azure J

Karsticles said:
I would love some Morrigan tutorials. I'm just picking her up and plan to put her on my main team in UMvC3. I will probably go back to Doom if she doesn't work out, but I really want her to.

Motion seconded.

shaowebb

Sixfortyfive said:

Wow. If you started streaming it'd be pretty freaking good stuff. Last time I went to one of your crew's sessions after work you guys had been there all day already and it lasted till nearly 3am.

Best part is anyone who would watch the stream would be rewarded with some out there teams. Lots of darkstalkers and a Shuma are all on deck for such a thing. The world needs this.

Sixfortyfive Padwarrior Punch Ups?

I'm terrible at names ;_;'

GAF should have been there for our long ass set. It came down to 29-26 in Tobe101's favor. It was crazy. Everything that could have happened in a match between us happened, except for a draw.
Tobe1 said:
holy shit at the long ass set i just played with solar. GG im really impressed on the leveling up specially with ammy.
I wanted to comment on the matches, but it was late so I left it for the morning...

Your team Viscant game is pretty sick. The first time I played you it seriously locked me down hard. I was able to get past it this time, but my timing with the j.H Glaive had to be perfect. Lariat is beatable, but goddamn it is hard. Your taskmaster could have also been better. I was really surprised by how easily he got opened up. Your Hulk/Tasky/Haggar team is pretty ridiculous though haha. Hulk super armor was making my life impossible and the DHC into Tasky arrows after Gamma crush/Gamma wave was dangerous as all get out. I bet GAF would have LOVED to see how it was back and forth for so many matches.

Hooooly shit screw your Magneto lol. I seriously believe that the matchup against Magneto is 10-0.5 in Mag's favor when Hsien-Ko is out there even with assist. I had to put Ammy on point to get past your Electromagnetically charged teams. He was probably your best character last night. I was surprised by how well I could block his overhead stuff though. It was probably the only reason Hsien-Ko could survive so long against your team.

Moving on your BFF/Magneto team...Wolverine is freaking ridiculous, man. The hitbox on that divekick is stupid large and I can't believe I lasted that long against those BFF and Magneto.

Notes and Questions:

-Hsien-Ko's chances of beating Magneto in a one on one are actually 0.5 out of 10, aren't they?

-Morrigan is one of the the best defensive characters in the corner with a life lead, isn't she?

-I really dropped a lot of potential Ammy combos. I think the set would have ended in my favor last night if it weren't for that. I guess I recovered really well from that.

-Gold pendulum=Hulk XF3 j.S>BFF spam/Wolverine/Hammer lol

smurfx

get some go again
tobe using taskmaster and haggar? why you jockin my style tobe? :p solarpowered powered up too? i want to play you! i want to play tobe as well. gotta work late so i doubt i'll be online tonight or this weekend.

Tobe

SolarPowered said:
GAF should have been there for our long ass set. It came down to 29-26 in Tobe101's favor. It was crazy. Everything that could have happened in a match between us happened, except for a draw.

I wanted to comment on the matches, but it was late so I left it for the morning...

Your team Viscant game is pretty sick. The first time I played you it seriously locked me down hard. I was able to get past it this time, but my timing with the j.H Glaive had to be perfect. Lariat is beatable, but goddamn it is hard. Your taskmaster could have also been better. I was really surprised by how easily he got opened up. Your Hulk/Tasky/Haggar team is pretty ridiculous though haha. Hulk super armor was making my life impossible and the DHC into Tasky arrows after Gamma crush/Gamma wave was dangerous as all get out. I bet GAF would have LOVED to see how it was back and forth for so many matches.

Hooooly shit screw your Magneto lol. I seriously believe that the matchup against Magneto is 10-0.5 in Mag's favor when Hsien-Ko is out there even with assist. I had to put Ammy on point to get past your Electromagnetically charged teams. He was probably your best character last night. I was surprised by how well I could block his overhead stuff though. It was probably the only reason Hsien-Ko could survive so long against your team.

Moving on your BFF/Magneto team...Wolverine is freaking ridiculous, man. The hitbox on that divekick is stupid large and I can't believe I lasted that long against those BFF and Magneto.

multiple hitting overheads like morrigan's S, Hsien-ko H, Zero's H are my kryptonite i get open by those really bad maybe if you had a zero instead of ammy the matches would've gone like 100000000-0.
my taskmaster SUCKS i dont know one combo with him i just liked the dhc with hulk :p. your ammy is awesome. it sucks that i dont know the match up wouldve been a way better match between us.
team bff and magneto its the first time im using it normally i use drones but your team just beats the fuck out of sentinel so i switched. and yes it wouldve been great to have the ability to stream or record replays, im really thinking about getting a recorded.
but then my internet upload speeds suck so im not really sure

SolarPowered said:
-Hsien-Ko's chances of beating Magneto in a one on one are actually 0.5 out of 10, aren't they?
defensive/runaway magneto is a 10-1 match up but maybe 8-2 if its a offensive/reckless. also the much depends a lot on how much meter each character has.

SolarPowered said:
-Morrigan is one of the the best defensive characters in the corner with a life lead, isn't she?
fuck morrigan i hate her haggar vs illusion morrigan is as bad as hsien-ko vs magneto. and yes, she can zone the hell out of some characters

SolarPowered said:
-I really dropped a lot of potential Ammy combos. I think the set would have ended in my favor last night if it weren't for that. I guess I recovered really well from that.
i dont think is because you dropped combos but because unused potential of the character. like counters, zoning with paper and i never saw instant overhead j.l into ammy dive thing caught me low a bunch of times expecting the overhead.

I am thinking of buying a fight stick since I ran into some extra money. I don't want to spend too much, but I figured I'd ask GAF about which one would be best for someone who is price conscious and doesn't plan on doing much modding. I've also wanted to buy something to record matches and I was thinking of buying something like this.

I wouldn't mind some input from people with experience using recorders or streaming(not that I plan on streaming).

Thanks
shaowebb said:
God this was stupid funny. Tasks being completed, Ghostrider being revealed a year ago and Gundams flying around lolz.

Eh, that chart just shows how little understanding of the game the average person has; most characters are desperately in need of small buffs. Seeing "no changes" to Dormammu, for example, irks me, because every Dormammu player is aware of a few huge flaws in his character design that really need to be changed.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Karsticles said:
I'm flattered, but I'm probably a terrible person to demonstrate things myself. My execution is kinda shit and I haven't really been practicing seriously since PowerUp in April or whenever. I could give you a shortlist of things you should know and use but it's probably basic stuff you'd know already if you've already done some research.

shaowebb said:
Wow. If you started streaming it'd be pretty freaking good stuff. Last time I went to one of your crew's sessions after work you guys had been there all day already and it lasted till nearly 3am.

Best part is anyone who would watch the stream would be rewarded with some out there teams. Lots of darkstalkers and a Shuma are all on deck for such a thing. The world needs this.

Sixfortyfive Padwarrior Punch Ups?

I'm terrible at names ;_;'
I live in Alabama now, so it ain't gonna be with the same crowd. I'll probably be back on Labor Day weekend, though, since I moved down here in a bit of a rush and need to pick up a lot of my stuff yet... I have no furniture. I've been sleeping on an air mattress that sprung a leak a week and a half ago. I go to sleep and within 6 hours or so the damn thing has deflated and I'm just laying on the hardwood floor lol.

But at least I've ordered an Asus monitor and fancy computer for myself. PRIORITIES!

Neki

Karsticles said:
Eh, that chart just shows how little understanding of the game the average person has; most characters are desperately in need of small buffs. Seeing "no changes" to Dormammu, for example, irks me, because every Dormammu player is aware of a few huge flaws in his character design that really need to be changed.
to be fair, if characters that are majorly overpowered are nerfed, then Dorm will raise up in tiers by virtue of staying the same.

Karsticles said:
I look at it from the view of overall averages instead. The closeness between the requests for minor buffs and nerfs just indicates how solid of a character he was in MvC3 to me.

The graphs are not that bad apart from maybe Phoenix and Wolverine. I like that people are not afraid to admit that Hulk needs buffs and I like that most people are requesting overall buffs to the characters below the top five or so.

It ain't so bad when you look at the whole picture instead of just a single bar. You also have to admit that it is a pretty cool little project they've got going there.

USD

Seriously how do you even block Magneto when you're locked in complete block stun by Cold Star? It's a 3-second guessing game.

EDIT: Then there's the Magneto-Amaterasu THC. Free mix-up with Shuffle obscuring the screen. Magnus is too godlike.

Kimosabae

Banned
smurfx said:
maybe i'm crazy but i never gave a damn about girls being into videogames.

Same. In fact, I don't think I would ever date a girl that was heavy into games, for the same reason I would never own a portable gaming device - I need symmetry. How much video games does a person need in their life?

Neki

Kimosabae said:
Same. In fact, I don't think I would ever date a girl that was heavy into games, for the same reason I would never own a portable gaming device - I need symmetry. How much video games does a person need in their life?
Isn't that the same thing as saying you'd never date someone who has similar interests to you?

Kimosabae

Banned
Ultimoo said:
Isn't that the same thing as saying you'd never date someone who has similar interests to you?

No, because I have myriad interests at which we can converge and I wouldn't want us to converge at all points. Balance is key.

Tobe1 said:
Fact: i cant beat solar with a top tier or at least i feel it way harder than hulk/dorm/sent
because this game fucking sucks. The netcode is such shit that I could not even use Ammy without getting raped by hard ass attacks that kill me without hulk needing to X-factor. It is even worse than playing with handicap because I can at least use Ammy seriously there.

There is no fucking way that I buy any Capcom game new from now on. I've never settled for less when it comes to my games and I'm not going to start making exceptions just because Capcom can hold MvC hostage.

Capcom can fuck off until they start showing some effort.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarPowered said:
because this game fucking sucks. The netcode is such shit that I could not even use Ammy without getting raped by hard ass attacks that kill me without hulk needing to X-factor. It is even worse than playing with handicap because I can at least use Ammy seriously there.

There is no fucking way that I buy any Capcom game new from now on. I've never settled for less when it comes to my games and I'm not going to start making exceptions just because Capcom can hold MvC hostage.

Capcom can fuck off until they start showing some effort.
Press H faster! It's how Ultimoo wins!

QisTopTier said:
Press H faster! It's how Ultimoo wins!
129174935206397776.gif

Top Bottom