• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Azure J

enzo_gt said:
Well we've got MarlinPie on board, that's all I need to know that some funky shit is going to come out of it.

LOL I meant JEEEEEEEEEEEAN.

MarlinPie hinting at Strange but going to Wright? dontknowifwant.lpg

Frantic

We really need to start calling Phoenix Wright either Wright or just PW. Calling him Phoenix is just going to get confusing as hell.

Kadey said:
And Art may be playing the game since I'm getting it for him. :)
I hope he does pick it up, just so that we can get some Arturo Salt™ in Mahvel streams.

Kadey said:
Two more weeks until Marvel GAF is unleashed. I will test out the original game on my stream.

And Art may be playing the game since I'm getting it for him. :)
That's good, he needs to get in this game.

Razor210

kevo_huevo said:
PSNgaf, please feel free to add me to your friends list (kevo_huevo). In preparation for umvc3, i want to try to get back into this game and would enjoy some player matches and some good ol honest critique.
Will add you when I get a chance. my PSN is TheGreatRazor

rukland

Parallax Scroll said:
I'm catching up on last night's WNF... at the beginning they have a promo for this Avermedia capture device that actually looks pretty sweet.

Ok because I am still figuring this all out where do they keep the WNF archives? I would love to see what I missed last night.

Tobe

rukland said:
Ok because I am still figuring this all out where do they keep the WNF archives? I would love to see what I missed last night.
enter the levelup twitch.tv page and look for the archive

360 GAF, does anyone want a battle? After getting destroyed horribly last week I feel that I really need some practice. Monstly vs Wesker on point -.-

Frantic

SolarKnight said:
360 GAF, does anyone want a battle? After getting destroyed horribly last week I feel that I really need some practice. Monstly vs Wesker on point -.-
I've got some time to play. I'll send you an invite.

Dormammu's level 3 is a pretty bad level 3 in general. I think we had that conversation on the Ultimate board, but no one believed me. :p

Did your level 3 whiff?

It's a frequent "oh fuck why did I forget to delay it AGAIN? >___<" I do know what I'm doing wrong, but it's still SO annoying. I'm sure you of all people should know. Sure would be nice if they gave it a bigger vertical hitbox like you said once IIRC, it's not as if that's gonna break it.

Btw, very fun games Frantic. Let's say that this was a FT10 and you won XD I'm sure it was kinda obviousl Chris/Task/Dorm was my "MASH UNTIL IT WORKS/CHIPS THEM TO DEATH" team, specially when I used Task XD What did you think?

I honestly haven't missed it in the longest time. I recommend throwing in a dash, Dark Hole, or Dark Spell to force yourself to waste time. It can help if you mess it up otherwise.

Frantic

GGs, SolarKnight. Sorry for the lag spikes, my internet has been flaking out on me today.

SolarKnight said:
It was something a thousand times more stupid.
Was it the Spencer XF3 comeback against your full team? I always feel bad when I get XF3 comebacks with Spencer. Not sure why, but Spencer comebacks make me salty for my opponent. Same with Wesker.

SolarKnight said:
Also, Frantic, now you see why Dorm's lv3 sucks at times >_>
Trust me, I know it's a pretty ass LVL3 - first time I tried comboing into it in training mode, it whiffed and I was like 'what'. Took me a few tries to get the right timing, and even then I often screw it up when I try to pick up Dorm.

SolarKnight said:
Btw, very fun games Frantic. Let's say that this was a FT10 and you won XD I'm sure it was kinda obviousl Chris/Task/Dorm was my "MASH UNTIL IT WORKS/CHIPS THEM TO DEATH" team, specially when I used Task XD What did you think?
It was actually pretty good - your Chris was waaaay better than my own Chris attempts(my team Resident Evil is utter ass, even though I would love to play it). Chris is one of the most annoying zoners for me to deal with, honestly - mostly because I don't play against him much. It's like, if I'm not getting chipped out by the SMG I get hit with the Magnum and that's 150k off my life bar and then it all starts over again.

The first team I used of Wesker/Deadpool/Spencer was a team I mained for a couple months. I'm pretty rusty with it, but it felt kinda good to go back to that age old team of mine.

Dark Spell sounds better than just waiting, I should do that. Honestly, the timing is only a problem when I X-factor for the kill, the activation just throws my muscle memory off and I do lv3 right after it >__>

Frantic said:
Was it the Spencer XF3 comeback against your full team? I always feel bad when I get XF3 comebacks with Spencer. Not sure why, but Spencer comebacks make me salty for my opponent. Same with Wesker.

No, it was the "I'm about to win by time out, but I decided to do something incredibly stupid with Ammy and your Spencer gets a comeback with 2 seconds left on the clock" win >__>

Frantic

SolarKnight said:
No, it was the "I'm about to win by time out, but I decided to do something incredibly stupid with Ammy and your Spencer gets a comeback with 2 seconds left on the clock" win >__>
Ooooh, that one... Those kinds of losses are the saltiest ones by far, from my own personal experience
beyond dropping a combo on XF3 Dark Phoenix and getting the entire team wiped out because of it. Urrghhh...

Chavelo

Anyone up for doing a paypal thingy for getting the SB:V video? Maybe put down five bucks each, or less if group is bigger... Would only be available to frequent Mahvel-GAF posters or something. :-/

Dahbomb

I just dash in, do LVL3 with Dormammu. I admit to missing it when the game was early and then I just forced myself to add a dash before it.

Frieda says top 3 new cast are Strange, Vergil and Strider. Dude loves his teleports. Although I don't know about this guy... I mean he says he is dropping Dante.

Worst 2 are Iron Fist and Phoenix Wright.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
I just dash in, do LVL3 with Dormammu. I admit to missing it when the game was early and then I just forced myself to add a dash before it.

Frieda says top 3 new cast are Strange, Vergil and Strider. Dude loves his teleports. Although I don't know about this guy... I mean he says he is dropping Dante.

Worst 2 are Iron Fist and Phoenix Wright.
I just cant see PW being bad. It's too easy to get evidence.

Dahbomb

It IS easy to get evidence... but it's much harder to land that hit which gets you in Turnabout mode. You basically have to land a combo with Wright. I mean it's basically like getting hit with the Pipe only this time you might lose the game if you get hit by Objection.

Chavelo

Dahbomb said:
It IS easy to get evidence... but it's much harder to land that hit which gets you in Turnabout mode. You basically have to land a combo with Wright. I mean it's basically like getting hit with the Pipe only this time you might lose the game if you get hit by Objection.

Haggar doesn't have projectiles, tho... :-/

Bizazedo

SolarKnight said:
The one time I don't check this board at around that time.

/nerd rage.

Dahbomb said:

Think a lot of people will go for TACs?

Dahbomb

TAC game really just depends on how good the window to counter them is. If you can react to a TAC, it's not going to be a viable strategy. But if it's like vanilla, people are definitely going to give it a shot.

LakeEarth

Karsticles said:
Dormammu's level 3 is a pretty bad level 3 in general. I think we had that conversation on the Ultimate board, but no one believed me. :p

Did your level 3 whiff?
Didn't they make is less likely to whiff in Ultimate? Anyone know if it can still be whiffed at all?

sephi22

TACs are so useful to me, that I have a habit of relying on them even though I have other options available. Its a really shitty habit and I'm the only one in my friends group that has it. :(

Didn't they make is less likely to whiff in Ultimate? Anyone know if it can still be whiffed at all?
It seems to not have changed after all - most unfortunate, but not really something to be upset about.

Karsticles said:
It seems to not have changed after all - most unfortunate, but not really something to be upset about.
If only they made the box a bit higher. Doing it too soon after an air S causes the opponent to bounce too high for it to connect, causing a whiff. Happened to me, and I've seen it happen in tourneys.

Would also be cool to hit completely fullscreen (There's a dead window on the opposite side of the screen) as well.

Karsticles said:

Did your level 3 whiff?

As far as bad level 3 goes there's no way Dorm's level 3 is anywhere near as bad as Trish's, Chun's, Jill's or Haggar's lvl 3.

LakeEarth

That sucks about his level 3.

I'm still undecided on the new character. Dormammu and Doom have been overall buffed, so I want to keep them. And I want to pick a new character, cause whats the point of buying the game if I don't (drove me insane how few people were trying new characters day 1 ranked in AE). Right now I'm leaning twoards Vergil, but two meter-heavy characters in one team?

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
Although I don't know about this guy... I mean he says he is dropping Dante.
"With the DHC Glitch gone, I see no point in playing him." Really? That's the reason you're dropping him? I can think of a lot more valid reasons to drop Dante than the removal of the DHC glitch. Not fitting his playstyle, thinking he'd do better with other characters, the new characters look more interesting, hell even something as asinine as the nerfs Dante got, but the DHC glitch? That's pretty much a non-issue when it comes to Dante. :/

Dahbomb said:
He's Japanese Mahvel player... so yeah.
Japanese Marvel (2) is fascinating to watch. It's like they're playing a different game. I'm not really familiar with J-Marvel 3, though. I wonder what that's like.

Top Bottom