• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

PSNgaf, please feel free to add me to your friends list (kevo_huevo). In preparation for umvc3, i want to try to get back into this game and would enjoy some player matches and some good ol honest critique.

El Sloth

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
Holy shit those are expensive. I guess I'll look around for a sale or something.
Yeah, they are bit tough on the wallet. Sometimes during major fighting game tournaments, Madcatz will have a sale on all their stuff. I picked up my TE stick for $100 and free shipping.

Also, I see that Amazon has the Madcatz WWE All Stars Brawl Stick for $70+ free shipping with Prime. I could be mistaken, but I think those are essentially the SE sticks, parts-wise. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Apparently the parts are better than the SE.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RE: SF4's art style:

It's completely unique, there's nothing else like it. The use of ink effects is ingenious and has produced some of the greatest video game artwork I've seen in a while. Yes, some herp-derp modeling here and there (probably where the disagreement here comes from) but the art style itself, the saturated, inky, very dense look to the characters is fantastic, and is part of the appeal IMO. I remember seeing the original SFIV little HUD-less snippet of gameplay like GOD DAMN. The art style is consistent throughout every aspect of the game and is integrated flawlessly into moves like the focus attack, without being overbearing.

Door2Dawn said:
Holy shit those are expensive. I guess I'll look around for a sale or something.
Sales don't really happen. Maybe a 10% or 20% off on a tournament weekend, but otherwise no. Those are top of the line sticks he's listed there though, and you could probably get a BlazBlue stick for about $110-130 on Amazon.

El Sloth said:
Yeah, they are bit tough on the wallet. Sometimes during major fighting game tournaments, Madcatz will have a sale on all their stuff. I picked up my TE stick for $100 and free shipping.

Also, I see that Amazon has the Madcatz WWE All Stars Brawl Stick for $70+ free shipping with Prime. I could be mistaken, but I think those are essentially the SE sticks, parts-wise. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
The parts are way better than the SE stick. Still Sanwa clones, but much closer to the real deal.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
It is a pretty convenient little tool.
Do you guys still actively use it though? Like, for the OP I want to include it, but I'm wondering if there's someone who'd like to take responsibility in terms of accepting people into the chat on PS3, rather than just mentioning it and telling people to find someone themselves to get them into the club.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Do you guys still actively use it though? Like, for the OP I want to include it, but I'm wondering if there's someone who'd like to take responsibility in terms of accepting people into the chat on PS3, rather than just mentioning it and telling people to find someone themselves to get them into the club.
maybe we should make a new one for ultimate though

El Sloth

Banned
Man, the Eightarc sticks are so fucking sexy. My poor ass is getting tempted. I'm not sure my wallet could survive the flogging.

Dat Pearl.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
maybe we should make a new one for ultimate though
If the old one still works fine, I don't see why you should though, as long as you guys are open towards helping new people get in. There will be/is a new 360 Tag, but if PSNGAF wants to set something up, that's on you guys, but if you do let me know so I can include the details in OP to help people get it in with other GAFers. Currently I have instructions on how to get into the old PSN chat.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
If the old one still works fine, I don't see why you should though, as long as you guys are open towards helping new people get in. There will be/is a new 360 Tag, but if PSNGAF wants to set something up, that's on you guys, but if you do let me know so I can include the details in OP to help people get it in with other GAFers. Currently I have instructions on how to get into the old PSN chat.
I don't even think BeHest is alive anymore.

sephi22

Wow, this CC.TV Seasons Beatings stuff is godlike. I need to sit down and watch this shit. Pre-EC vs WC trash talk is great.

Each purchase allows you to share the link up to 10 times. I'm not going to use it again after downloading this stuff, so I can share it here, unless its not allowed or frowned upon.

sephi22 said:
Wow, this CC.TV Seasons Beatings stuff is godlike. I need to sit down and watch this shit. Pre-EC vs WC trash talk is great.

Each purchase allows you to share the link up to 10 times. I'm not going to use it again after downloading this stuff, so I can share it here, unless its not allowed or frowned upon.
*waves*

Anth0ny

sephi22 said:

puppy-dog-eyes.jpg

I want to support the dudes at cross counter and team spooky, so that would feel wrong to me. It's cool that you're helping gaffers out, but I just don't want to do it that way.

On a side note, you know what would have been better than Yipes and James Chen for Good vs Evil? Yipes without James Chen. James Chen makes everything worse.

sephi22

Parallax Scroll said:
I want to support the dudes at cross counter and team spooky, so that would feel wrong to me. It's cool that you're helping gaffers out, but I just don't want to do it that way.

On a side note, you know what would have been better than Yipes and James Chen for Good vs Evil? Yipes without James Chen. James Chen makes everything worse.
Well yeah, there's that too.

I'm not listening to the commentators. I've kept the audio to player cam. The crowd cheers and player trash talk is much more interesting

sephi22 said:
Well yeah, there's that too.

I'm not listening to the commentators. I've kept the audio to player cam. The crowd cheers and player trash talk is much more interesting
Yeah, I watched East vs West that way, then switched to commentators for Good vs Evil. I'll be watching this more than once anyway.

Touch

Professor Beef said:
Probably using a converter. There have been a few keyboard controllers at EVO, for instance.
When I googled it, all I got was Prozac's "how do I do this?" post on Gamefaqs. :D

Touch

Professor Beef said:
Ah, yes. Thank you. After researching the adapters mentioned in these threads. It seems like it may not be worth it from the reviews. Although Prozac made it look so flawless.

I wish these consoles just support kb/m without these workarounds.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
sephi22 said:

Id like to download if you're still offering please.

Also I've noticed I've never actually played anyone here. So feel free to add me on psn. My tag is A_Pretty_Panda . I use a Thor/Hulk/Ironman team if anyone is interested.

rukland

A Pretty Panda said:
Also I've noticed I've never actually played anyone here. So feel free to add me on psn. My tag is A_Pretty_Panda . I use a Thor/Hulk/Ironman team if anyone is interested.

I will add you later for PSN (ID: Rukland) I am a total scrub still but working to get better. I don't get to play alot (stay at home dad 2 kids) but I would love to play sometime.

El Sloth

Banned
How much does the thing cost again? And where can I get it?

I don't mind downgrading my quality of Cup Noodles for a bit to support the Cross Counter guys.

The Abominable Snowman said:
I've gotten better, so if any mid-tier players wanna battle on XBL my GT is vagabond01. Dorm/Task/Trish all-around team
I'm probably mid tier. I'm out of practice but whatevs, I'll play a few. XBL is ParallaxScroll.

Bizazedo

Parallax Scroll said:
I'm probably mid tier. I'm out of practice but whatevs, I'll play a few. XBL is ParallaxScroll.
Are you guys East Coast / USA? (I ask enviously from work).

I have what is most definitely a mid-tier team for you to thrash as well sometime.

Anth0ny

Listening to the Wake up SRK podcast, and Viscant shouts out GAF and one of Dahbomb's posts lol

YES I've been saying the exact same thing about Phoenix as Viscant says. Either she's OP, or a waste of a character slot. There's really no middle ground.

Phoenix is still going to be godlike in Ultimate. I lol'd at "People are going to have to learn Dark Phoenix combos". That was exactly what I posted when I first saw Dark Phoenix in Ultimate :lol

Azure J

It's gonna be really interesting to see who's going to explore Phoenix beyond the herp derp and remain consistent with using her once Ultimate drops.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Two more weeks until Marvel GAF is unleashed. I will test out the original game on my stream.

And Art may be playing the game since I'm getting it for him. :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:
It's gonna be really interesting to see who's going to explore Phoenix beyond the herp derp and remain consistent with using her once Ultimate drops.
Well we've got MarlinPie on board, that's all I need to know that some funky shit is going to come out of it.

Top Bottom