• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

To be clear, do you want the PS4 pre-order code too? Or else it goes to Skilletor lol

I’d gladly take it but if Skilletor wants it I don’t mind.

The 5 wins in a row trophy keeps eluding me. I’ve got to 4 several times and the someone destroys me.
That and/or the completing 5 people’s missions will prevent me from getting the plat by the look of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that dude was using C.Marvel with that armor shit, what the fuck is that? she has more armor than Hulk >_>

sinkfla87

Thanks for making the room Heath. Is there a KOTH type mode or do we just get to play each other that are in the "boxes"? Everyone jump in!

OsirisBlack

Banned
Omg dr strange is dumb as shit I'm going to have to learn how to play him. Shit all over the screen he can put two waves of daggers out at the same time? Tear of agamotto set up with yellow 3 grace ground level completely wrecked me didn't help that when he tagged be double teleported ........ I'm not sure if that shit was even blockable.

from messing around a bit with gamora it seems she really makes use of the new short hop. Seems crucial for her projectile game

it's insane watching people keep a combo going across the entire screen by short-hopping with her air gun attack, I need to learn how to play her because it looks like so much fun

OsirisBlack

Banned
that dude was using C.Marvel with that armor shit, what the fuck is that? she has more armor than Hulk >_>

Don't toss jabs or fireballs Hp or Hk stuffs that bs. She's usually on my team. Hoping they don't knee jerk nerf her, armors good but only because everyone's mashing light attacks and spamming fireballs. My thanos combos are pretty much all Hp and Hk shuts her down hard. Won't be as bad once people adjust and learn the match ups. Carol does hit really fucking hard and that command grapple auto corner carry is too good.

Thormammu crossup that lands in front:

qjwEo2.gif

I'm actually enjoying playing this game more than I did 3 lol. I feel like the free tag system is more op than normal assists. I mean these are basically assists you can fully control haha.

Yep mvc infinite is basically custom assists. Assists you have a ton more control over.

Also the gems sometimes give you what you could consider another style of assist too.

Skittles

Does't matter the skill of the player, like all competitions stuff like auto buttons are not allowed. In this case rank should not have auto combos allowed either.

That crap should be left on for lobbies, not ranked games.
You haven't said why auto combos should be turned off though

wrongway

Just grabbed this at a redbox to see if I can get passed the iffy exterior.

Any tips for a FG casual/beginner? Never played MvC, and after scanning a few random pages during the week I'm under the impression that the game isn't the best at explaining itself.

JeTmAn81

Any tips for a FG casual/beginner? Never played MvC, and after scanning a few random pages during the week I'm under the impression that the game isn't the best at explaining itself.

Mission mode will give you a basic idea of each character. Play through story. Look on YouTube or Shoryuken.com for more advanced advice on character usage.

Skittles

Pick two characters and practice their moves (special attacks/supers) until you can do them under pressure. Leave auto combo on for now, focus on learning just moving around, blocking, and mixing people up. Mission mode might be too much for you right now

Dahbomb

Man have you not been reading my posts?

I have been complaining about Captain Marvel's Photon Absorber since the previous thread!

Don't toss jabs or fireballs Hp or Hk stuffs that bs. She's usually on my team. Hoping they don't knee jerk nerf her, armors good but only because everyone's mashing light attacks and spamming fireballs.
What do you mean not nerf that? You can't be serious with this statement man.

"Guys Photon Absorber is fine... just don't press Light Punch, Light Kick and don't throw out any projectiles." The hell kind of game play is this? You are telling people not to use over half of their buttons just so your character can escape a fix that is clearly not intended in the game.

Even in the official overview of Captain Marvel, she is not supposed to be absorbing more than 1 attack in Photon Absorber. What the hell is the point of having actual big bodies in the game when you have an air dasher that has passive armor on everything, has a high priority dive move, a command grab, a beam, a utility super, a slide and better damage than most big bodies?

I can't figure out Thor to save my life. It feels like nothing combos into nothing, and I have to have frame perfect links to accomplish anything. What am I doing wrong?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man have you not been reading my posts?

I have been complaining about Captain Marvel's Photon Absorber since the previous thread!

its ridiculous. And I do read your posts, thats why I was mentioning it. He was also doing a long ass slide which I also saw you mention. Dude had a nice combo with 3 command grabs, into a nemesis corner bullshit. Ended up playing a few games with him, he was clearly better but I held my own by the power of the reality stone spamming ;_;

NotLiquid

You know back when people were making fun of Dante's face claiming he was on drugs I didn't think that at release with him being this crazy it would turn out to literally be the case.

Maybe we only have ourselves to blame.

wrongway

Mission mode will give you a basic idea of each character. Play through story. Look on YouTube or Shoryuken.com for more advanced advice on character usage.

Pick two characters and practice their moves (special attacks/supers) until you can do them under pressure. Leave auto combo on for now, focus on learning just moving around, blocking, and mixing people up. Mission mode might be too much for you right now

Thanks guys, lookin forward to giving this a shot :)

Rhaknar

I cant find good partner for Hulk for the life of me. As soon as I dont have Hulk im just flailing all over the place. I need MonHun bad man.

I really need to give Nemesis a go dont I? Clearly thats my wheelhouse, big lumbering motherfuckers. I could try Haggar I guess?

edit:

Uncle Sensei‏ @UncleSensei 53s53 seconds ago
A marvel infinite haiku;

"Reality Stone.
Reality Stone again.
Reality Stone."

DrArchon

I don't think running two big bodies is a great idea. Need a projectile character to actually let a big body get in.

Yeah, as someone that has not touched the game at all, I'd imagine the proper use of a big character is to have someone to tag in mid combo after someone fast opens the other guy up so you can still get big damage.

Am I wrong to assume this?

Every time I'm trying to pair one of the bigger fighters with a good projectile spammer/combo opener I keep going back to Ultron. I also need to expand my horizons but I love Ultron so much lol

Dahbomb

Yeah, as someone that has not touched the game at all, I'd imagine the proper use of a big character is to have someone to tag in mid combo after someone fast opens the other guy up so you can still get big damage.

Am I wrong to assume this?
Honestly every day my thinking about the game gets warped so I am hesitant to even suggest what is even the proper way to play anything.

Ideally you would want a projectile or a long ranged character who kinda harasses from a far and if a projectile hits you tag into a big body for damage and command grab mix ups. This is what something like Scamby is doing with Gamora and Nemesis, where he shoots guns then tags into Nemesis.

That's why I am saying ideally because in reality what you could do is play Reality stone, pick Captain Marvel, turn on Photon Absorber and Slide into Blitz your way, then command grab them and pretend that you are playing a "big body" character.

Rhaknar

Honestly every day my thinking about the game gets warped so I am hesitant to even suggest what is even the proper way to play anything.

Ideally you would want a projectile or a long ranged character who kinda harasses from a far and if a projectile hits you tag into a big body for damage and command grab mix ups. This is what something like Scamby is doing with Gamora and Nemesis, where he shoots guns then tags into Nemesis.

That's why I am saying ideally because in reality what you could do is play Reality stone, pick Captain Marvel, turn on Photon Absorber and Slide into Blitz your way, then command grab them and pretend that you are playing a "big body" character.

what im doing with Hulk is basically spam reality stone (Im sorry but im not sorry) and abuse Gamma Charge to get in. Not unlike what you said I guess?

Dahbomb

what im doing with Hulk is basically spam reality stone (Im sorry but im not sorry) and abuse Gamma Charge to get in. Not unlike what you said I guess?
Gamma Charge is unsafe so you need to tag into someone. Or you can use Hulk's wall jump move and then tag from that.

Right now what I'm working on is Thormammu and deciding who to pair with Frank West. Pretty much everybody in the game that isn't on the slower end can do a 40+ hit combo to get EZ level 4/5 Frank West off the bat. So far Dante and Captain Marvel seem like the best bets.

Rhaknar

Gamma Charge is unsafe so you need to tag into someone. Or you can use Hulk's wall jump move and then tag from that.

No it isnt. You can Gamma Charge -> Air Gamma charge

Top Bottom