• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom Origins |OT|

LakeEarth

Woo!

I quite like these games, fun change of pace from MvC2. I notice that these two games are still in a lot of arcades while 2 is usually nowhere to be found :(

Thanos will destroy ya'll. PSN: Acid08

For me, this has been true. I've seen X-Men vs Street Fighter the most, followed by MvC1, then 2, then MSH (just once). I have a hard time finding fighters these days, when I find an arcade section it usually goes DDR rip off, shooter, shooter, shooter, beat up old-school game for 50 cents a play.

I will buy this, but both my 360s are broken. I should get them fixed soon. I have a PS3 but I don't have a stick for it.

NeoDeus

Don't forget the other artwork, playing off the Infinity Gauntlet cover!

DGSOU.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
hm. What are those cheats and challenges? Will shadow lady be more easily selected?
Yeah by using VP you get from completing challenges like in 3S:OE. Also multiple graphical options for viewing, etc. To get a good idea I recommend checking out the 3S:OE Quicklook over at GiantBomb, except there's just more of all of that stuff. They're actually thinking of patching in all of the new MvC:O features back into 3S:OE.

Tizoc

Can we ask a mod to change it??

I'll make a vote on what the subtitle should be later.

One thing I really hope those who get the game will notice or appreciate is the animation this is one of those games that greatly showcased the visual presntation and amazing animations Capcom did in their 2D games back in the 90s.

Skilletor

Am I the only person who bought it? Search fails immediately when looking for a player match and ranked games just hang...searching. Forever. :(

Tizoc

I wanna learn and main Blackheart now, he seems really good IMO.
Just beat Arcade mode with Juggernaut and Blackheart, gonna spend some time in training tomorrow to learn their combos.
All in all this port is very good and No filter in MSH doesn't look that bad.
...and why did I waste all those 135 remaining points for artwork? lol Ah well unlocking all the MSH and MvC characters can be done after some hours of play ^3^

Grimsen

Played the demo on PSN, great stuff! Buying it for sure tomorrow on XBLA for MSH alone. Even if there are only a handful of playable characters, I found the demo a very good showcase of the full game, showing the different challenges you can get, the different graphic settings, etc.

I love the arcade cabinet views gimmick. Should be a lot of hours of fun doing all the challenges and playing online.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Not gonna lie.

Marvel vs Capcom 1 is probably my favorite of the whole series. Something about this game, the art, the limited usage of assists, the movement and the cast that just does it for me.

Also could be it was my first competitive fighter when I was like 13 years old.

notworksafe

Why can't they get Edayan (or Bengus) to do the new artwork?

http://thegeekrebellion.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/X-Men_vs_Street-Fighter.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120621172413/marveldatabase/images/9/99/MVC_Clash_of_the_Super_Heroes.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This guy knows what's up! The posters for this release are really depressing.

Not sure if I'll get this but it would be nice to play it just to show all the MvC3 kiddies what a legit broken game looks like.

Guesong

I wanna learn and main Blackheart now, he seems really good IMO.
Just beat Arcade mode with Juggernaut and Blackheart, gonna spend some time in training tomorrow to learn their combos.
All in all this port is very good and No filter in MSH doesn't look that bad.
...and why did I waste all those 135 remaining points for artwork? lol Ah well unlocking all the MSH and MvC characters can be done after some hours of play ^3^

In a game where Spider-Man and Wolverine infinites are easy to do, I implore you ; do not touch Blackheart.

Trust me, I spent weeks on that game with fellow QAs, some quite adept at fighting games, and there is no way around that fact.

Grimsen

Not gonna lie.

Marvel vs Capcom 1 is probably my favorite of the whole series. Something about this game, the art, the limited usage of assists, the movement and the cast that just does it for me.

Similar situation for me.

MSH was the game I first entered (and won) a local tournament for, and MvC1 is the first game I went to a major for. (ECC4!)

Both games are dear to me. But MvC2 stays on top :p

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Not gonna lie.

It's probably the great character select music.

Gameboy415

Oh man, I'm definitely going to grab this at some point - I loved MVC back on Dreamcast!

I assume all the secret characters are still in??
Gotta love Hyper-Venom! :D

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Oh man, I'm definitely going to grab this at some point - I loved MVC back on Dreamcast!

I assume all the secret characters are still in??
Gotta love Hyper-Venom! :D

Yep and this time you can unlock them in the game's vault/shop to pick them straight without a code. But the codes and such all work.

Angelcurio

Just finished downloading it, feel free to add me: angelcurio.

I played a lot the ps1 version, but never got to play the original arcade version, so this will be my first time playing it.

Damn I really suck at MvsC now... sucks you have to hit select to change games, which means I have to unplug my Saturn pad and turn on a controller just to switch games (then plug back in the wired controller). I am guessing there is no Cross Fever (4 player) mode in MvsC?

Top Bottom