• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

I think Punisher needs his own series right now and I've only watched 3 episodes. Damn. Just take stories from Ennis' run, I dont even care just give me it.

Sojgat

Can't wait to start watching this later tonight. Have a bad feeling I won't be getting any sleep.

Good to hear people are liking Bernthal's Punisher.

ZeroX03

Banned
Finished the first episode. There's still a bit of that Netflix bloat, but the episode was only 5 or so minutes longer than it needed to be rather than like 10-20 like JJ.

Magwik

Banned
Ep 2:
Before naming him the Punisher, Foggy suggests the name "Killdozer" I don't know if this is supposed to be tongue in cheek about Killgrave or not lol

S1kkZ

3 episodes in, foggy (and even karren) are so much better than in season 1. i hope it stays that way.

i am excited and scared to continue watching. jessica jones was amazing in the first few episodes and then dropped off a fucking cliff. i hope this one will be different.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
4 down, its amazing so far, I need sleep. Will have proper thoughts later, lol at some of the reviews

Pachimari

That fight scene in E3 wow. That was amazing but I'm not sure it was better than the S1E2 hallway fight. It didn't feel as iconic or like it had as much impact.

Onto E4.

Roussow

Episode 3 is a big crowd pleaser, but episode 4 might be even better, fantastic way to close off this mini-arc. 5's transition from 4 feels like a traditional show coming back from midsession finale. The structure of this season so far gives me the idea that we have no fucking clue where the end of this season is going to take us -- based on the first couple of trailers (I didn't see the one from 2 days ago), that's an exciting premise.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That fight scene in E3 wow. That was amazing but I'm not sure it was better than the S1E2 hallway fight. It didn't feel as iconic or like it had as much impact.

Onto E4.
You could see the cuts better and it was way more superheroy then the hallway fight. Matt looked zero exhausted. Still a amazing scene.

Roussow

You could see the cuts better and it was way more superheroy then the hallway fight. Matt looked zero exhausted. Still a amazing scene.

I did want to comment on this. Normally on a lengthy one take scene like this you'd be able to tell where the cut was by when the entire frame was blacked out, be it the camera pans behind someone's back, or gets close to a wall. Here they were being blatant with it, it was unexpected, jump-cutting to basically the same shot in the middle of a hit, they used the black-screen technique a few times (from what I could tell), but there were a few obvious cuts, too. Not sure if intentionally jarring, or whether that was just "recovered" like that in editing, recovered is a bit harsh, the scene was still fantastic, but it did stick out in my mind.

Just finished episode 1. I really like how they make Punisher as almost like a horror movie villian.

That
bang
at the end was awesome.

Are Foggy and Karen as terrible as they were in the first season? Has the acting improved at all?
Not in the first episode lol. I tend to think it has more to do with clunky writing and exposition heavy dialogue than their actual abilities though. Foggy to Matt in ep 1, after Matt clearly uses his senses to hear conversations twenty yards away (so obvious we don't need it explained) "what did you pick up, your hearing is better than mine?"

Do the writers really think they need to spell that out for us? They just showed us his hearing is better we don't have to be told as well. It's terrible stuff and really takes away from any goodwill they build when it happens far too often, especially for a second season. That said I'm only on the first episode so maybe it's just working the kinks out

J_Viper

Not in the first episode lol. I tend to think it has more to do with clunky writing and exposition heavy dialogue than their actual abilities though. Foggy to Matt in ep 1, after Matt clearly uses his senses to hear conversations twenty yards away (so obvious we don't need it explained) "what did you pick up, your hearing is better than mine?"

Do the writers really think they need to spell that out for us? They just showed us his hearing is better we don't have to be told as well. It's terrible stuff and really takes away from any goodwill they build when it happens far too often, especially for a second season. That said I'm only on the first episode so maybe it's just working the kinks out
Well that's a damn shame.

Maybe I'll just mess around on my phone until Bernthal shows up.

Luke_Wal

I think Punisher needs his own series right now and I've only watched 3 episodes. Damn. Just take stories from Ennis' run, I dont even care just give me it.

Just after seeing the early morning buzz around Bernthal, I would be REALLY surprised if we hear about a Daredevil S3 before we hear about a Punisher series. At LEAST a mini-series, but a full series wouldn't shock me. I suppose I'll have to see what his status quo at the end of the series is, though. I'm only 2 episodes in, but I'm loving it.

Top Bottom