• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Dalek

There is a connection to Jessica Jones on the show, but you won't really miss anything per se.

And yes it's worth watching.

Ultima_5

Gonna get home in an hour or so then get started on this before I go out tonight... hope to get through a few episodes. Probably order pizza. also probably give the pee wee herman movie a watch

Anung

Un Rama
Episode 3 was fantastic. Although I don't agree with Frank
threatening an old man. Although I guess you could argue he isn't the full on Punisher yet so his modus operandi isn't 100%

Johndoey

Banned
Episode 4
good to see Finn

Episode 3
The whole your a killer either way makes little sense, it's not murder by inaction at that point

Bleepey

We're probably at least two years away from a season three of Daredevil.

2015: Daredevil S1, Jessica Jones S1
2016: Daredevil S2, Luke Cage S1
2017: Iron Fist S1, The Defenders
2018: Daredevil S3, Jessica Jones S2

Possibly three years if The Punisher takes my hypothetical Daredevil S3 spot above, or four years if 2019 is for the second seasons of Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

I think DD will be annual.
I hope

Wow. Watched episode one and saw one of my best friends playing one of the goons at the car weapons deal scene. That sure took me out of it. Haha. He never told me he got the part. Pretty awesome.

On episode 3 now. Really digging it.

KonradLaw

Saw first four episodes. They were awesome. The shoot outs were pretty bland and so were the fight scenes (aside from the l
ong one vs biker gang
, which was so damn good), but those are minor complains.

Punisher was incredible. THey did scale him back a bit brutality wise, but it's DD show, not Franks, so that' acceptable. But still...easily the best version of this character on screen. And I got teary eyed when
Frank was doing his monologue in the cementery

Altough..lol..it's funny to see Daredevil fight against big antagonist and cheer for antagonist :D

I really need Punisher show from Netlflix.

Jarmel

Banned
Just finished the first episode, the dialogue has been atrocious. I don't remember having this problem in the first season.

Episode 3-4 is some of the best shit out of any superhero movie, TV show or whatever. Especially episode 4. If Jon Bernthal doesn't get some kind of award for that performance.

Dalek

I think DD will be annual.
I hope

I don't feel the production of the other shows will hamper the production of Daredevil-it's separate budgets and showrunners, etc. Daredevil is a huge hit for Netflix, I'm sure they'll ensure it's on annually like their other shows.

The Kree

Banned
The turned Punisher into a real bogeyman for the first few episodes. I liked it. But then it stops being interesting when he eventually tells his sob story.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
We're probably at least two years away from a season three of Daredevil.

2015: Daredevil S1, Jessica Jones S1
2016: Daredevil S2, Luke Cage S1
2017: Iron Fist S1, The Defenders
2018: Daredevil S3, Jessica Jones S2

Possibly three years if The Punisher takes my hypothetical Daredevil S3 spot above, or four years if 2019 is for the second seasons of Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
Netflix recently stated they're doubling their original content this year, and one would guess they'll continue broadening it beyond that.

Why would you assume the amount of Marvel content they'll produce would remain capped where it started at?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Netflix recently stated they're doubling their original content this year, and one would guess they'll continue broadening it beyond that.

Why would you assume the amount of Marvel content they'll produce would remain capped where it started at?
Because the studio itself would need to be able to handle that kind of increased output.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
The Punisher wouldn't open fire in a crowded hospital too, if you ask me.
Yeah, kinda sunk any ability for the audience to empathize with him when he's blasting at Karen and a bunch of civvies from the outset.

JeTmAn81

The Punisher wouldn't open fire in a crowded hospital too, if you ask me.

I thought the same thing when I saw that. Well, this is this particular version of the character but it certainly doesn't jive with anything I've read in the comics.

The final trailer and (Ep4 spoiler)
Frank getting arrested
makes very excited to see what happens next with The Punisher

On to Ep5

Ithil

Only finished episode 1. Given he has said only one word, the Punisher is already awesome. Such a completely different kind of threat from every one seen in Season 1.

It seems even more violent than Season 1, too, those gunshot wounds were gory as hell. Daredevil's costume has grown on me, too. The mask still isn't totally right, but up close in his talking/interrogating scenes it does look good and intimidating. I think it helps that he's showing more expression when in the mask than he did in Season 1.

Top Bottom