• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

I liked how Daredevil's fighting skills evolved to the point where he man handles Nobu at the end after getting owned in S1.

I was getting tired of seeing good guys barely make it out alive all the time relying on luck to help them.

The Kree

Banned
I liked how Daredevil's fighting skills evolved to the point where he man handles Nobu at the end after getting owned in S1.

I was getting tired of seeing good guys barely make it out alive all the time relying on luck to help them.

Daredevil barely surviving and getting winded and tired in his fights were the best thing about the action scenes in the first season.

Daredevil barely surviving and getting winded and tired in his fights were the best thing about the action scenes in the first season.

Yah because he was a rookie. Still getting the grasp on his fighting skills. Which was perfect for S1. This is now S2, and if his fighting skills don't evolve, why should he be apart of the Defenders, since he would be the weakest of the bunch and constant be out of the fight since he would get the shit kicked out of him, and have to wait a few weeks to fully heal up, since he doesn't have healing abilities? He is vulnerable to everything.

JJ can heal from broken bones within hours. Luke Cage has imprenatable skin, and the only way to take him out is apparently a point blank shot to the head by a shotgun. Iron Fist has mystical powers.

If he can't evolve his fighting skills, he gonna get owned with the threats the defenders will face.

Oh and you might want to edit my quote with a spoiler tag, since I posted it in the wrong thread.

Opto

Banned
Finished season 2 today
Ending felt kinda sloppy. Matt and Elektra talking about running away made it clear Elektra was going to die. And the Blacksmith being introduced as this scary shadowy drug dealer and then everything got resolved by the end of the season? Lame

And honestly, the constant ninja fights were getting kind of stale.

Walpurgis

Banned
Should I finish Jessica Jones before I see this? That one didn't grab me quite as Daredevil S1.
I like Jessica Jones but do not force yourself. I just finished Daredevil Season 2 and there is close to zero connection between the two. The only connection is that one of the [very minor Daredevil S2 spoilers that only list the Jessica Jones connections, which are also minor to the plot:]
side character lawyers (Foggy's ex-girlfriend or w/e) actually works for Hogarth (AKA the wife in House of Cards) and Hogarth makes an appearance herself later on. Oh and Foggy's ex girl mentions Jessica Jones by name.
That's all that happens.
Loved those. And that stairwell one this season.

KodaRuss

Just finished Episode 3. Damn that fight scene in the stairwell. Holy shit. The fights in this show through season 1 and so far in two are really damn good.

Walpurgis

Banned
Just finished the season.
Episode 13 spoilers:
Come on! I thought Karen had noticed Matt was DD when he rescued everyone in the building and approached her, put a hand on her face and asked her specifically if she was OK. I mean she acted surprised and then started acting in charge of the situation, as if she had noticed if was Matt rescuing them. That's why I found that last exchange in the office somewhat unnecessary, I thought they were going to talk about something else, not something I thought had already happened.
[Final episode spoilers:]
Matt had to confess because he completely screwed up their relationship. Remember that the last time Karen visited his house, she found a beautiful woman, that is 300 million times better than her in every way that she can imagine, in his bed and he still hasn't explained that (I'd just move on but w/e). She thinks he's a womanising alcoholic (she's right about the first part) and he hasn't cleared his name. With Matt disappointing Foggy and Karen again and again, the only way to clear his name is to confess that he is the Daredevil. I imagine after the credits rolled, he did a lot of explaining (and Karen resumed her worship).
:p

HardRojo

Matt had to confess because he completely screwed up their relationship. Remember that the last time Karen visited his house, she found a beautiful woman, that is 300 million times better than her in every way that she can imagine, in his bed and he still hasn't explained that (I'd just move on but w/e). She thinks he's a womanising alcoholic (she's right about the first part) and he hasn't cleared his name. With Matt disappointing Foggy and Karen again and again, the only way to clear his name is to confess that he is the Daredevil. I imagine after the credits rolled, he did a lot of explaining (and Karen resumed her worship).
I just wish we had gotten a conversation beyond "I am Daredevil", I wanted more :(

UrbanRats

One of the stupidest scenes in the series yet.

Yes, he's at home with another woman in bed, who's injured, and who could be anybody from a friend to a relative; but no, they were surely having steamy orgy sex... along with the old blind guy in the other room, of course. Better storm out without even asking what is going on or who these people are!

So fucking cheap way to drum up drama.
The sooner they stop the bullshit
romance between Karen and Matt, the better; just because two attractive people of opposite sex share the screen together, it doesn't mean they have to fuck.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Episode 13:

Is it safe to assume Punisher saw Matt's face through the scope during climax of the rooftop fight with The Hand?

Kyoufu

Episode 13:

Is it safe to assume Punisher saw Matt's face through the scope during climax of the rooftop fight with The Hand?

Sure, but does it matter? He doesn't care about DD's identity or he would have unmasked him when he had him chained up.

I have a feeling that the end of this season is setting up
The Shadowland crossover event for the Defenders S1, but instead of DD the leader of the Hand, it will be Elektra

NightOnyx

Just finished up season 2 and really loved it. I thought it was better than season 1 and was consistently interesting throughout the whole thing, something that I find a lot of shows struggle with. I think it definitely helped having a new or returning character show up every 4 episodes or so to kind of add something different.

Punisher was definitely the highlight of the season, but I really did love just about everything and everyone else a lot. Matt dealing with Frank and Elektra was really well done, and I was really happy with how everything played out for all those characters. I can't wait to see what they do in season 3. Also, the Luke Cage trailer got me pumped for that series as well! The Netflix - Marvel partnership is definitely one of the best things going in all of TV.

Moaradin

On episode 11 right now. So far this season has been great throughout. There hasn't been any dull moments like season 1 had around this point.

romance between Karen and Matt, the better; just because two attractive people of opposite sex share the screen together, it doesn't mean they have to fuck.

Nah, that's TV law. I'm so bored of that happening in almost every show.
Also,
Karen had more chemistry with Frank in their few scenes than she ever had with Matt.

Garlador

Only up to Episode 4 but I'm absolutely blown away. It could change, but thus far I'm liking this significantly more than the first season... and I loved that too.

The casting for The Punisher is perfect, Charlie Cox is just unbelievably charismatic and talented as Daredevil and owns the role, and even the supporting cast is pulling their weight and I'm liking them this season more than I ever did last season.

With Episode 4 over, I feel already like I just marathoned a season... only this time, with Elektra, we can jump right into "season 3" without waiting.

And those action scenes thus far... my jaw dropped. Loving this so much.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Only up to Episode 4 but I'm absolutely blown away. It could change, but thus far I'm liking this significantly more than the first season... and I loved that too.

The casting for The Punisher is perfect, Charlie Cox is just unbelievably charismatic and talented as Daredevil and owns the role, and even the supporting cast is pulling their weight and I'm liking them this season more than I ever did last season.

With Episode 4 over, I feel already like I just marathoned a season... only this time, with Elektra, we can jump right into "season 3" without waiting.

And those action scenes thus far... my jaw dropped. Loving this so much.

Episodes 1-4 is a perfect comic book arc

you're in for a treat, too, as the rest of the season is super dope as well.

it's better than both S1 & JJ

dyergram

Finished this today loved it overall. The big trouble in little China stuff overstayed its welcome.Jon bethnall was excellent
walking away from his house with the mini gun hngghhhg
) I actually assumed Karen new dds identity when
he rescues her from the ninjas lair
is the punisher confirmed? because dude stole the show.

duckroll

Episode 7

The opening scene was perfection.
Watching Frank get prepped while the various jury members are being selected, and then the cops marching him to the court room... soooo good.

The court stuff was done pretty well here, the tension between Matt and Foggy is played really well. I love that. It's exactly the sort of stuff that made their relationship fun in the comics. The Elektra stuff is hit or miss though. I like her playfulness, and I like the banter between the two, especially when they're doing something that feels so wrong for Daredevil to be involved with. But the fights with random Yakuza thugs? Boring as shit. Even the choreography feels boring. Zzzzzzz. Also, as usual, the episode felt about 10 minutes too long.

The final scene though. Made me so mad.
Importing dirt? Buying specific property? Digging a huge hole in the ground? Stop it. Stop the Shadowland teasing. I hate Shadowland! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Sephzilla

That scene where Karen
finds Elektra in Matt's home was so goddamn stupid and cliche. She just assumes Matt's sleeping with another woman even though Matt is clothed, not in bed with her, and there's an old man in the living room with them. Karen making such an assumption was stupid as fuck

Episode 7

The opening scene was perfection.
Watching Frank get prepped while the various jury members are being selected, and then the cops marching him to the court room... soooo good.

The court stuff was done pretty well here, the tension between Matt and Foggy is played really well. I love that. It's exactly the sort of stuff that made their relationship fun in the comics. The Elektra stuff is hit or miss though. I like her playfulness, and I like the banter between the two, especially when they're doing something that feels so wrong for Daredevil to be involved with. But the fights with random Yakuza thugs? Boring as shit. Even the choreography feels boring. Zzzzzzz. Also, as usual, the episode felt about 10 minutes too long.

The final scene though. Made me so mad.
Importing dirt? Buying specific property? Digging a huge hole in the ground? Stop it. Stop the Shadowland teasing. I hate Shadowland! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

As big of a Daredevil fan as I am, I skipped over
Shadowland
because of all the negativity surrounding it. I might go back to it if I ever get curious...

duckroll

I'm just so damn curious. I read a wiki on it, but it's not the same man. I'm gonna go back and read all the issues I missed first before i go back to
Shadowland
though. Save the worst for last.

Reading Brubaker's run degenerate into weird shit towards the end just to make way for the arc was depressing as hell.

FFFFUUUU I totally missed that this was out. I just watched episode 1. I've been up for almost 24 hours now due to unrelated bullshit but I want nothing more than to just marathon this for the rest of the day.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Show peaked to me around the middle.

The last 3 episodes started to drag. The two "reveals" didn't have much impact. The fight scenes got boring.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Finished Ep. 5 last night.

I think I am in love with Elektra.
People have been commenting that she's the "crazy girlfriend" but (idk if this is spoiler, general character observation, but just to be safe)
honestly it's Matt who is schizo. Elektra is pretty straightforward.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I'm takin this slow and watchin like one episode a night. On episode 7... still really love this show. There are some minor issues to be argued over, sure, but overall the quality and consistency is top notch, and above all else, it remains highly entertaining material.

Part of my growing frustrations with the superhero film genre is its inability to escape a trusted money-making formula. I'm grateful that shows like this can exist in a space that allows for more dialog, more world building, more character interaction, and a completely different kind of pace. I love the lawyer focused aspect of the show.

What I would give for a good Batman detective TV show...

Sblargh

Banned
I thought Elektra was amazing.

At first, I was like "woah, this is not Elektra, c'mon, Elektra is stoic and serious and stuff", but later when they reveal that all of it was just an act, she starts to actually act a lot more like Elektra.

I don't know if it is just my wishful thinking or if it was really this gloriously subtle, but I feel you can actually see where she is herself and where she is acting (which is most of the time)

Yes, he's at home with another woman in bed, who's injured, and who could be anybody from a friend to a relative; but no, they were surely having steamy orgy sex... along with the old blind guy in the other room, of course. Better storm out without even asking what is going on or who these people are!

Yeah I found that weird. Being suspicious I get, thinking they're fucking had me confused.. glad I'm not the only one..... -_-

Sblargh

Banned
I think the sole reason they are trying to keep this Matt/Karen a thing is so she can, for some reason, kick off the Daredevil: Reborn storyline.

duckroll

I think the sole reason they are trying to keep this Matt/Karen a thing is so she can, for some reason, kick off the Daredevil: Reborn storyline.

You mean Born Again. Reborn is post-Shadowland, and doesn't really make any sense to adapt in any way. It's pretty boring. :p

Incredibly hot woman asks him to sleep with her twice which he's known for a while and enjoys her personality as well, I say no because I like what we have. And I want to only sleep with her
one night before a certain assassin shoves something in her chest and kills her. That cheesy ass writing.....

I feel like he can't see the obvious here...

Sblargh

Banned
You mean Born Again. Reborn is post-Shadowland, and doesn't really make any sense to adapt in any way. It's pretty boring. :p

Oh, you are right, sorry. lol. Here in Brazil, the actual title was "the fall of Murdock", which is the opposite of the original title, lol.

Top Bottom