• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Are we meant to believe Karen was driving the car that crashed in the “mysterious accident” that killed her 16-year-old brother?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Me and my wife finished the season on Sunday, and yeah, I loved it.

So far, I've loved both Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Frank definitely stole the show. Every single one of his scenes was fantastic. I finally feel like we got the Punisher we've been wanting for decades. Elektra was perfectly cast as well. Overall, I enjoyed this season more than the first, and I loved that season too.

Blues1990

Exactly. She annoys me to no end.

It makes me wonder if Elektra is/was more compelling in the comic books. I've never bothered to read any of the Daredevil trades or graphic novels, such as 'Born Again', 'The Man Without Fear' or Mark Waid's most recent run, and I had gone in blindly with the Netflix show to see if it's any good. Love the first season, but I'm so-so with the second, outside from all the awesome/gruesome moments with Frank Castle.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'd say that's a given,
since it's the reason why she was projecting unto Punisher, sympathizing with his guilt.
Well she shot and killed an unarmed guy in cold blood last season, so she has an obvious connection through that.

Did I just spoil myself on who
the blacksmith is? Is he the Colonel that spoke at Frank's trial? I don't see why he would be but.....please no.

Dabanton

Loving the season so far just finished episode 8 last night.

I sort of like how Matt is actually annoying me this season, I wonder what he would have done with that
ninja kid if Elektra didn't slit his throat?

Vaenyr

Having watched the first season recently for the first time, I ended up loving it. Season 2 is great as well, I'll probably post impressions when I'm finished with the season, but there's something that bothers me greatly and I have to vent for a bit:
(Episode 5)
I really don't enjoy Elektra, both as a character (maybe she'll grow on me, but she's just an asshole) and the actress playing her. Especially when she butchered the pronunciation for Santorini. You're playing a greek girl, at least learn to pronounce the ONE greek island that's in the script goddammit. /irrationalrant

Won

11 episodes in and the disconnect between the two storylines is just jarring at this point. Season 1 and Jessica Jones already made a strong case on how 13 episodes are too much, but this season really seals the deal. They need to rethink their approach to the whole thing.

Kyoufu

Loving the season so far just finished episode 8 last night.

I sort of like how Matt is actually annoying me this season, I wonder what he would have done with that
ninja kid if Elektra didn't slit his throat?

He'd let him go with a slap on the wrist telling him to do his homework every night and to stay out of trouble. I like Matt but he's so naive, just like 99% of other superheroes who refuse to kill.

UrbanRats

He'd let him go with a slap on the wrist telling him to do his homework every night and to stay out of trouble. I like Matt but he's so naive, just like 99% of other superheroes who refuse to kill.
I find it so annoying when they have these characters whos biggest flaw is being too good.
"I feel guilty"
"Why?"
"Cause I was a hero but didn't do enough!"

Oh fuck off with that shit.

At least in this season they made Matt outright stupid and egotistical, instead of just naive, but they still give him this annoying false humble moments.

So, did I miss something? Episode 12 spoilers.
Why was Frank killing the army guy suddenly going over the line for Karen? He's killed tens of people already for that same reason.
I guess it could just be her trying anything to stop him from killing again, but that was a weird scene.

LeonSPBR

So, did I miss something? Episode 12 spoilers.
Why was Frank killing the army guy suddenly going over the line for Karen? He's killed tens of people already for that same reason.
I guess it could just be her trying anything to stop him from killing again, but that was a weird scene.

You missed a plot point that started everything
basically the Colonel is the Blacksmith. He's the one responsible for the gangs meeting at the park and the deaths of his family.

You missed a plot point that started everything
basically the Colonel is the Blacksmith. He's the one responsible for the gangs meeting at the park and the deaths of his family.

Yeah I assumed that, but
I don't see why killing him would make Frank 'dead' to Karen. He's killed tens of other people who were not even nearly as responsible as him.

Red

Yeah I assumed that, but
I don't see why killing him would make Frank 'dead' to Karen. He's killed tens of other people who were not even nearly as responsible as him.
Others have said
it's because Karen relates to Frank, since she killed someone last season, and she wants to believe Frank can make the choice to redeem himself. The Colonel is not a threat at that point, and could easily be taken into the police (to clear Frank's name in the killings of the DA and medical examiner). She may also be concerned about getting answers, like why did he target Frank's family? Why did he inflict this violence on people to frame Frank? Who else is involved in the heroin trade? But Frank chooses to let the answers go in his pursuit of revenge.

Others have said
it's because Karen relates to Frank, since she killed someone last season, and she wants to believe Frank can make the choice to redeem himself. The Colonel is not a threat at that point, and could easily be taken into the police (to clear Frank's name in the killings of the DA and medical examiner). She may also be concerned about getting answers, like why did he target Frank's family? Why did he inflict this violence on people to frame Frank? Who else is involved in the heroin trade? But Frank chooses to let the answers go in his pursuit of revenge.

I completely agree about the connection to Frank, I thought that was one of many things this season did really well. As for the rest, I agree, I just think it's strange how that scene played out.
Maybe it'll flow better on a rewatch.

HardRojo

Just finished the season.
Episode 13 spoilers:
Come on! I thought Karen had noticed Matt was DD when he rescued everyone in the building and approached her, put a hand on her face and asked her specifically if she was OK. I mean she acted surprised and then started acting in charge of the situation, as if she had noticed if was Matt rescuing them. That's why I found that last exchange in the office somewhat unnecessary, I thought they were going to talk about something else, not something I thought had already happened.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Just start with season 2. It's in its own weird burton-verse world combined with its own thing

Where the kids act like, and are treated as, 40 year old adults to boot lol. Fun show if you can tolerate the silliness of it all.

Lol. That's always been my biggest gripe with Gotham. That everyone defers to 12 year old Bruce Wayne like he's an adult, and that they know he's going to become Batman in another 10 years. It's just so silly. It's okay for us, the audience to know that Bruce is destined to become a vigilante, but every time another character addresses him, it's with this weird reverence. I half expect them to turn to the camera and wink after every heavy handed "foreshadowing" of Bruce becoming Batman.

Even so, Season 2 of Gotham was certainly better than season 1. I haven't watched the latest episodes though, because I watch on Hulu, and have so many other shows I'm behind on.

I was a bit confused by something in episode 2.

When Punisher bought the sawed off shotgun from the pedo pawn shop owner, the guy offered it to him, but then punisher patted the counter twice and the guy put it back behind the counter?

I don't really get what happened there.

Lol. That's always been my biggest gripe with Gotham. That everyone defers to 12 year old Bruce Wayne like he's an adult, and that they know he's going to become Batman in another 10 years. It's just so silly. It's okay for us, the audience to know that Bruce is destined to become a vigilante, but every time another character addresses him, it's with this weird reverence. I half expect them to turn to the camera and wink after every heavy handed "foreshadowing" of Bruce becoming Batman.

Even so, Season 2 of Gotham was certainly better than season 1. I haven't watched the latest episodes though, because I watch on Hulu, and have so many other shows I'm behind on.

It's not strictly bruce tho. Selina and that silver girl are pretty adult too

I love it haha. After enduring so many shit children in TV shows and films its refreshing and unique (and silly) to watch a show that treats them essentially like short adults

Bruce is wise as hell

spekkeh

Banned
Just watched episode six. I hear it starts slowing down, but right now I'm loving it. Especially coming off Jessica Jones, it's great how it keeps up the pace with perfect cliffhangers every time. And Bernthal owns every scene he's in. I'm slightly apprehensive for the Elektra bit, but right now it feels a significant step up from season one, which I found nice but overrated. Karen and Foggy feel more useful and the main bad isn't hamming it up as much.

spekkeh

Banned
I was a bit confused by something in episode 2.

When Punisher bought the sawed off shotgun from the pedo pawn shop owner, the guy offered it to him, but then punisher patted the counter twice and the guy put it back behind the counter?

I don't really get what happened there.
He only removed the bullets, wasn't interested in the gun. Presumably so he wouldn't get shot in the back after the deal or something.

raphier

Banned
Just finished the season.
Episode 13 spoilers:
Come on! I thought Karen had noticed Matt was DD when he rescued everyone in the building and approached her, put a hand on her face and asked her specifically if she was OK. I mean she acted surprised and then started acting in charge of the situation, as if she had noticed if was Matt rescuing them. That's why I found that last exchange in the office somewhat unnecessary, I thought they were going to talk about something else, not something I thought had already happened.

I think she more or less knew it but couldn't believe it. The ending was somewhat Matt coming to terms with himself and closure to that arc.

Finalow

pretty much why the ''no kill'' thing gets incredibly stupid in a lot of situations. I might be wrong since I haven't read it but I'd assume the comic is to blame in this case.

Top Bottom