• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
If it comes around...
Shush you, it IS coming and it'll be fucking awesome.

With Luke and Jeryn in this, they better at least name drop him. Though I do worry that we are this far in the MCU and not a single Rand Corp mention has happened.

TheOddOne

- Deadline: ‘Marvel’s Jessica Jones’ Review: Netflix Series Wonderfully Dark & Villainous.
Bringing depth to the series and its characters, under Rosenberg’s steady showrunning hand there are also powerful topics of PTSD, abuse, assault, shame, and death dealt with in a mature and intriguing manner – this is a new height for Marvel, which already leaped pretty high with Daredevil, the first of four series to eventually be shown on Netflix.
- CB: Review: Jessica Jones Pilot Makes Marvel Universe Dark, Deeply Emotional, and Riveting.
And that’s the pilot of Jessica Jones: a menagerie of disturbing thoughts, sex, violence, and a splash of comic relief, with plenty of darkness but even more heart. The episode will absolutely make you want to watch more – though you may have to take a moment before you can. The setup is all there, and even some of the payoff, too, to convince you that you’re in for another wild ride. With Jessica as your tour guide into a new corner of the Marvel Universe, things are going to get scary.

Grade: A

I honestly hope this is more mature than Daredevil's level of "mature".

I never felt like Matt Murdock was a real fuckin' person.

Episode 3

I cant believe Thanos showed up!

The best bit was when she punched him back into Outer Space.

Ahhh, thought this meant the show was up. 8 days :/

Yeah, I'm sad too. I'm used to OTs going up within 24 hours of release on the gaming side!

Anyway, really hyped for this - showed my wife the trailer last night (she likes David Tennant) and she thought it looked cool too, so rather than binging and watching it all in about five days like I did with Daredevil, I'll probably take it slower and do one or maybe two episodes on nights when we have time.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New poster:

AnPQUaE.jpg

I have no idea how they are going to bring these end game MCU moments together

going to be nuts

I guess its good Marvel is raking in all that cash cuz they are going to need it

The Defenders will get sucked into Infinity War in some way I imagine

Honestly, I would be quite happy if the TV shows remained pretty much entirely separate from the movies, unless they're going to do a Defenders movie down the line (but even so that's probably 5+ years away). Age of Ultron already felt so busy and the next three films are probably going to be similar (CW, IW 1 & 2), so it might be good if the Defenders exist in the same universe but operate out of their own little bubble because their battles are more localised and don't involve saving the world.

Honestly, I would be quite happy if the TV shows remained pretty much entirely separate from the movies, unless they're going to do a Defenders movie down the line (but even so that's probably 5+ years away). Age of Ultron already felt so busy and the next three films are probably going to be similar (CW, IW 1 & 2), so it might be good if the Defenders exist in the same universe but operate out of their own little bubble because their battles are more localised and don't involve saving the world.

I agree but there has to be an endgame with infinity war

Its basically an apocalyptic event that effects everyone.

I agree but there has to be an endgame with infinity war

Its basically an apocalyptic event that effects everyone.

True, but if the final battle is off-planet and the Defenders aren't already affiliated with the Avengers or Guardians, they'll have no way of helping.

On the other hand, if there's a big battle going on and Jessica, Luke Cage et al show up to help fight Thanos' goons, that would be a really cool moment for fans of the TV shows. Probably will not happen though as it will confuse moviegoers who haven't seen these Netflix programmes.

Pachimari

That's the whole point of me watching these, to see them all come together and wreck havoc in Infinity War. Not the whole point, but it's what I am hoping for. To see the Defenders help the Avengers and Guardians take down Thanos. Don't keep it separate. They need to mix them more.

Ricker

Glad to see Carrie in something good!

Yes and Rachael Taylor also...I like her but she hasnt been lucky with her TV shows...Charlies Angels,the one that was suppose to be spooky in a downtown highrise,the FBI show last year...all cancelled after one season.

That's the whole point of me watching these, to see them all come together and wreck havoc in Infinity War. Not the whole point, but it's what I am hoping for. To see the Defenders help the Avengers and Guardians take down Thanos. Don't keep it separate. They need to mix them more.

I realize that these projects need to stand on their own and for the most part they do

But the Idea of bridging everything together has never been done to this scale and I want to see them deliver on the idea

becuase it has never done before... at least not to the scale that the MCU is attempting. Its exciting

I would be super unhappy if that was the case. A tremendous part of the reason I'm down for Marvel TV is seeing the extended universe from the movies and seeing how they all tie in.

No arguments about AoU though, but I'd mark that down as sloppy filmmaking.

Well they do have two infinity movies to do the giant group up properly. Though I don't see Jessica wanting to be a part of the fight, Thanos would have to really piss her off. Really curious to see how they're going to pull the whole thing off.

I bet the only chance we have of seeing the tv cast in one of the films is in infinity war

There a little blips on the radar that Matt Murdoch might get a cameo in civil war but its a thin rumor

I would be super unhappy if that was the case. A tremendous part of the reason I'm down for Marvel TV is seeing the extended universe from the movies and seeing how they all tie in.

Whedon said he was horribly stressed and weighed down by the sheer scope and expectations of fitting in MCU threads into one combo film

I get that its insanely ambitious to dance this line of "Standalone good film" and "Shared Universe Experience" but I really want people that Step up and tackle the challenge instead of complain about how it hampers their creative freedom

How many chances are we going to get to see a true shared universe realized in high quality form? That doesnt feel forced or campy?

Sure its hard but thats the point

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Alias didn't make the thread title. :p

I personally hated Daredevil because why should anyone care about a blind guy in a red suit dicking around in NYC when a) Aliens are taking over the Galaxy b) a crazy AI robot almost destroyed the world c) Hydra d) Inhumans.

I'm treating this show as a completely separate entity. It's the only way I can take this show seriously.

I personally hated Daredevil because why should anyone care about a blind guy in a red suit dicking around in NYC when a) Aliens are taking over the Galaxy b) a crazy AI robot almost destroyed the world c) Hydra d) Inhumans.

I'm treating this show as a completely separate entity. It's the only way I can take this show seriously.

Huh?

That's like saying why should anyone care about people getting killed on the streets because terrorists and War exists

Do you just not jive with smaller more personal stories?

Robin64

Well those things you list didn't stop criminals from continuing to operate in Hell's Kitchen, and one of them was even a direct reason the criminals had the opportunities they did.

It's the Marvel universe where Punisher is wiping out crime syndicates and Spidey stops alley muggings at the same time as Fantastic 4 is defeating Galactus and the Avengers are stopping a Skrull invasion

It's just the way the Marvel world is

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well those things you list didn't stop criminals from continuing to operate in Hell's Kitchen, and one of them was even a direct reason the criminals had the opportunities they did.
It's the Marvel universe where Punisher is wiping out crime syndicates and Spidey stops alley muggings at the same time as Fantastic 4 is defeating Galactus and the Avengers are stopping a Skrull invasion

It's just the way the Marvel world is

I already had this discussion in the Daredevil thread, so I know the score. It's just dumb to me that if some bald mafia guy sets off some explosions in NYC, none of the Avengers would even think about investigating it. I don't know why I should care what happens to Hell's Kitchen if the world that the Marvel Universe is set in is constantly in peril.

So it's easier for me to just treat this as a standalone Jessica Jones adventure that doesn't have any of the MCU garbage to weigh it down.

I already had this discussion in the Daredevil thread, so I know the score. It's just dumb to me that if some bald mafia guy sets off some explosions in NYC, none of the Avengers would even think about investigating it. I don't know why I should care what happens to Hell's Kitchen if the world that the Marvel Universe is set in is constantly in peril.

So it's easier for me to just treat this as a standalone Jessica Jones adventure that doesn't have any of the MCU garbage to weigh it down.
Maybe they did. A street-level hero wouldn't have that knowledge or perspective of the situation

Can't believe this is a week away. Marvel/Netflix is going to hit another homerun, I know what I'm doing Friday and on the weekend.

Top Bottom