• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Secret Wars Hype Thread - Where we argue about what "reboot" means

Sandfox

Maybe they plan on pushing faiza to ms marvel status. Kinda interested to see what they plan on doing with pepper.
This isn't our Rescue so who knows. I also don't see this doing well since the older Mighty team needed Cap and Spidey to push copies.

Did Faiza have anything to do after Secret Invasion? I thought she was a one off.

She became Captain Britain (for one issue, in an alternate reality) in one of Ewing's Avengers Assemble AoU tie-ins. One of the few good things to come from that awful event.

I think she and the rest of MI-13 also guest-starred in the last Gambit ongoing, but I didn't read that.

Scirrocco

I never thought that particular thunderbolts story woukdever be touched on again. And by a guy who's actually written judge dredd, and by Alan Davis. This could be good.

Maybe they plan on pushing faiza to ms marvel status. Kinda interested to see what they plan on doing with pepper.

According to the article it's not pepper but yinsens daughter.

Mudcrab

MC2 Spider-girl returns in Spider-Island!

4468654-0+spiderisland_secretwars.jpg

so the top 3 smartest humans in the marvel universe,without counting Valeria would be something like

1. Reed
2. T'challa
3. Pym/Stark or something like that?

so the top 3 smartest humans in the marvel universe,without counting Valeria would be something like

1. Reed
2. T'challa
3. Pym/Stark or something like that?

Rank fluctuates, but its usually agreed that
1. Reed/Doom/High Evolutionary (if he even counts as human nowadays)
2.Pym
3. Banner (indestructible hulk pimped him as well beyond stark.)
4. Stark
Then all the rest are kinda jumbled. Cho, Tchalla, Osborn, Ock, Peter and the others would enter here.

999th. Hank McCoy.

Rank fluctuates, but its usually agreed that
1. Reed/Doom/High Evolutionary (if he even counts as human nowadays)
2.Pym
3. Banner (indestructible hulk pimped him as well beyond stark.)
4. Stark
Then all the rest are kinda jumbled. Cho, Tchalla, Osborn, Ock, Peter and the others would enter here.

999th. Hank McCoy.

nice list..Reed is number 1 no doubt abut it.see i always thought T'challa was second because he always seems like Reed's science partner and that he tends to be more of a polymath, while the others seem to be more specialized

but i assume T'challa just doesn't have the feats that Doom and Pym have

the only thing i question is Tony above T'challa.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
what would your top 3 be? in your opinion

not counting doom or valeria(or ever where valeria is positioned)

reed at 1st. the scope of his intelligence is backed by his focus, which makes him more threatening to me. in the same sense, if they ever make reed go full dark, heaven help the marvel u. because even with dark reed, i dont think well be ready for what hes capable of.

2nd is tied for both tony stark and hank pym. they are both men capable of crazy ridiculous feats, but their personal issues prevent them from taking reed, even though they can excel in individual feats over the top dog. at the same time, those personality quirks(tonys self centered nature, and pyms self pessimism) are rather bonuses in some fashions. mainly pyms two minute warning victories, and tonys constant means of one upping himself

3rd is banner. another scientist with mad issues, while hes quite recognized by the scientific community, his efforts are always outshone by his hyde like counterpart the hulk.

nice list..Reed is number 1 no doubt abut it.see i always thought T'challa was second because he always seems like Reed's science partner and that he tends to be more of a polymath, while the others seem to be more specialized

but i assume T'challa just doesn't have the feats that Doom and Pym have

the only thing i question is Tony above T'challa.

the issue i have with tchalla is that he holds to much too close to the vest. we rarely see him go full science blowout like the others unless he happens to be with the others to remind people that he can get down like them. but him on a super science book, and im sure he could show some of his solo feats.

Most definitely. As far as practical thinking is concerned, Tchalla would be pretty much top tier amongst the heroes.

Aside from that brain fart where he
bawled his eyes out because he didn't have the balls to blow up a nega-earth

not counting doom or valeria(or ever where valeria is positioned)

reed at 1st. the scope of his intelligence is backed by his focus, which makes him more threatening to me. in the same sense, if they ever make reed go full dark, heaven help the marvel u. because even with dark reed, i dont think well be ready for what hes capable of.

2nd is tied for both tony stark and hank pym. they are both men capable of crazy ridiculous feats, but their personal issues prevent them from taking reed, even though they can excel in individual feats over the top dog. at the same time, those personality quirks(tonys self centered nature, and pyms self pessimism) are rather bonuses in some fashions. mainly pyms two minute warning victories, and tonys constant means of one upping himself

3rd is banner. another scientist with mad issues, while hes quite recognized by the scientific community, his efforts are always outshone by his hyde like counterpart the hulk.

the issue i have with tchalla is that he holds to much too close to the vest. we rarely see him go full science blowout like the others unless he happens to be with the others to remind people that he can get down like them. but him on a super science book, and im sure he could show some of his solo feats.

true..i think hypothetically T'challa can be just as good as Tony, Pym and Reed..but to answer this question we have to ultimately go by feats.. and T'challa just doesn't have enough

although i will say this when ever i see this question on the internet "who is the smartest marvel human" the vast majority, almost universal consensus is 1. Reed... 2. Doom

and then after those 2 the lists get much more subjective

although i will say this when ever i see this question on the internet "who is the smartest marvel human" the vast majority, almost universal consensus is 1. Reed... 2. Doom

and then after those 2 the lists get much more subjective

The vast majority often forgets that Victor is the only one in the top 5 that can use magic.
Everybody does tech, to varying degrees and fields. Magic, however, is, in that ranking, his sole domain.

It's what makes it a tie.

Plus something something von doom particles something time masheen = doombot 2.0

Valeria should be up there with Reed/Doom.

That'd be an insult to her. Valeria has victor/reed level intellect allied with bona fide common sense, putting her well above them.

The vast majority often forgets that Victor is the only one in the top 5 that can use magic.
Everybody does tech, to varying degrees and fields. Magic, however, is, in that ranking, his sole domain.

It's what makes it a tie.

Plus something something von doom particles something time masheen = doombot 2.0

That'd be an insult to her. Valeria has victor/reed level intellect allied with bona fide common sense, putting her well above them.

yeah along with being virtually Reed's equal in science, Victor is also one of the most powerful magic users

Mudcrab

Valeria should be up there with Reed/Doom.

You can't count her yet. She obviously has a greater raw intelligence than all of them (Future Franklin says she is without a doubt the smartest person he's ever met) but she doesn't have the experience or wisdom. Even her future self warns that it's a mistake to trust her entirely with big things at her current age.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
There are actually people wearing ‘The Red Skull was right’ t-shirts in Battleworld.
There's some t-shirt magnate in the Marvel universe who just has warehouses full of "x was right" shirts.

You can't count her yet. She obviously has a greater raw intelligence than all of them (Future Franklin says she is without a doubt the smartest person he's ever met) but she doesn't have the experience or wisdom. Even her future self warns that it's a mistake to trust her entirely with big things at her current age.

The list of intellectual feats by Reed is freaking insane, his brain is literally a plot device

Not only is he the smartest human in marvel, but its arguable if he is the smartest human in all of fiction..

what would happen if Reed went rogue against the marvel universe?

Valeria like you said, it's too early to count her just yet

but Reed/Doom are easily the top 2

Patryn

The list of intellectual feats by Reed is freaking insane, his brain is literally a plot device

Not only is he the smartest human in marvel, but its arguable if he is the smartest human in all of fiction..

what would happen if Reed went rogue against the marvel universe?

Valeria like you said, it's too early to count her just yet

but Reed/Doom are easily the top 2

I take it you didn't read Ultimate Fantastic Four, where he's a villain.

Ultimate Reed getting beat was so much bullshit, a goddamn sentient tumor, what the fuck man.

I don't what it is about the Ultimate Universe to make me want a mad scientist and a cannibal Hulk to win over those douches in the Ultimates.

Top Bottom