• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Secret Wars Hype Thread - Where we argue about what "reboot" means

Sandfox

So apparently each section of map will be ruled by a Baron chosen by the ruler of Battleworld. This could lead to a pretty interesting dynamic depending on who is in power and how their subjects feel about them.

Mudcrab

Witch Hunter Angela
Angela1602_1.jpg

Angela1602_2.jpg
Marvel teases Renew Your Vows

Mudcrab

Missed this.

So apparently each section of map will be ruled by a Baron chosen by the ruler of Battleworld. This could lead to a pretty interesting dynamic depending on who is in power and how their subjects feel about them.

Can we assume that Rabum Alal is that ruler?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
lol, Wonder if Spiderman will be in this one

i would be completely content if it were somehow completely removed from battleworld. but with slott writing, whack fuckery will commence.

with all the angela stuff being pushed, marvelman better be around the damn corner

Mudcrab

i would be completely content if it were somehow completely removed from battleworld. but with slott writing, whack fuckery will commence.

Sorry man it's officially under the Last Days banner.

Interesting theory:
Slott kills off this Peter and Mary Jane, somehow leaving the baby with 616 Peter. Spider-man will be a single father after Secret Wars.

Voror

Interesting theory:
Slott kills off this Peter and Mary Jane, somehow leaving the baby with 616 Peter. Spider-man will be a single father after Secret Wars.

Well, that's really not a surprise I guess.

Possibly I suppose, though I have a hard time seeing Slott's Peter being at all competent enough to handle such a thing. And MJ isn't going to be interested in taking care of the baby? Granted, I suppose he could write it in such a way she isn't.

I look at these images and they do make me happy to see such a thing, but then I remember it's Slott writing it and Marvel's stance on things. All I feel is dread.

Slayven

Interesting theory:

They should go ham and make
Miles his ward too.

Sou Da

It'll be some ego-stroking fuckery along these lines: Pete in his universe is Ock brainswapped, Pete and MJ die and SpOck gets the kid somehow, or somehow Mephisto screws it all up.

Legit feel sorry for the casual readers who think Slott can write a family relationship.

Voror

They should go ham and make
Miles his ward too.

I'd actually been wondering that it could go like that depending on how Miles is integrated. If he's something like the last survivor of the Ultimate Universe, then the first person I'd see him turning to would be Peter.

It'll be some ego-stroking fuckery along these lines: Pete in his universe is Ock brainswapped, Pete and MJ die and SpOck gets the kid somehow, or somehow Mephisto screws it all up.

Legit feel sorry for the casual readers who think Slott can write a family relationship.

I don't think it will go that far, though it's surprising that he's not bringing in his favorite Otto if this is supposed to be the Last Spider-Man Story.

I really do wish he wasn't the one writing it. I'd feel so much more confident that we could get a well told story about something like this.

Sandfox

Its going to be very interesting to see what sticks in the Spider-Man book. The Angela book kinda intrigues me.

We already have 44 Secret Wars books with more to come so I feel sorry for people who want to buy everything lol.

Drayco21

I still hate everything about Angela being in the Marvel universe, the retcons to incorporate her lore, and her role in Bendis' space avengers, but making her a 1602 witch hunter is actually a really neat twist on it. Looking forward to it.

We already have 44 Secret Wars books with more to come so I feel sorry for people who want to buy everything lol.

Every time I look at my wallet, I die a little inside thinking about what's going to happen in a few months.

Edit: Aw man, when did this get moved to Community? No wonder I couldn't find it in Off-Topic.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'd actually been wondering that it could go like that depending on how Miles is integrated. If he's something like the last survivor of the Ultimate Universe, then the first person I'd see him turning to would be Peter.

Have him be roommates in a cramped apartment with Ultimate Reed, Ganke and I don't know...Mojo. Book is written by Spurrier.

Parallax

Parallax and Sou Da come in with Slott hate and we get pushed into Community. Coincidence?

If that was the case, every thread i post in that has slott wuld have been sent to the community zone.

But hey, theres still the official thread when the time comes.

Sandfox

My pull list so far:
Secret Wars
Renew your Vows
Planet Hulk
Spider-Verse
Infinity Gauntlet
Ultimate End
Future Imperfect
Runaways
Thors
Civil War
Marvel Zombies

This is want I'm planning on buying barring any breakout hits or some other amazing book announcements.

Mudcrab

marvel zombies looks dope, but whats interesting is that
it seems that some are aware of the battleworld

Have you kept up with New Avengers/Avengers?

It's possible that
everyone in Battleworld is aware of what's going on and each ruler and land has a purpose in the fight against the Beyonders according to Rabum Alal's plan. It could be that these tie-ins are about the individual dramas that are happening and that the main Secret Wars title is about the larger conflict.

Of course all of my assumptions could go out the window depending on how Hickman's Incursion saga concludes.

Slayven

Dreamed about Secret Wars last night. Was trying to get out NYC, almost got stuck inbetween an army of Captain Americas including Mutant X Cap, American Dream, and AMericandroid fighting a bunch of WW2 supervillians. Escape that only to witness God of Heroes Herc fighting all the Secret Invasion Super Skurlls.

Parallax

Have you kept up with New Avengers/Avengers?

It's possible that
everyone in Battleworld is aware of what's going on and each ruler and land has a purpose in the fight against the Beyonders according to Rabum Alal's plan. It could be that these tie-ins are about the individual dramas that are happening and that the main Secret Wars title is about the larger conflict.

Of course all of my assumptions could go out the window depending on how Hickman's Incursion saga concludes.

It would be kind of interesting if they are all aware. It would also be interesting to see what everyones endgame is.

Age of Apocalypse just got announced not too long ago.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/nicieza-sandoval-bring-age-of-apocalypse-to-secret-wars

So basically this is going to be a new version of AoA for obvious reasons and will ignore all the deaths and jumping around that have happened over the years.

Yes. All the events are different from the events that have happened.

Dreamed about Secret Wars last night. Was trying to get out NYC, almost got stuck inbetween an army of Captain Americas including Mutant X Cap, American Dream, and AMericandroid fighting a bunch of WW2 supervillians. Escape that only to witness God of Heroes Herc fighting all the Secret Invasion Super Skurlls.

At least you didnt dream about being behind the wall. I had a dream about marvel zombies while listening to outkasts mortis brown and now i cant listen to it anymore

Slayven

It would be kind of interesting if they are all aware. It would also be interesting to see what everyones endgame is.

Yes. All the events are different from the events that have happened.

At least you didnt dream about being behind the wall. I had a dream about marvel zombies while listening to outkasts mortis brown and now i cant listen to it anymore
I want to know who built the wall, obviously they knew what too keep out.

How is tony's armor in that pic breaking into pieces of metal?
Variation on extremis.

Avixph

I want to know who built the wall, obviously they knew what too keep out.

Variation on extremis.

I know that but in Superior Iron Man it was also stated that armor model 51 is based off symbiote biology which means it's liquid so in that pic the armor should be breaking apart into blobs and droplets.

I'd look for a new dealer.

I know that but in Superior Iron Man it was also stated that armor model 51 is based off symbiote biology which means it's liquid so in that pic the armor should be breaking apart into blobs and droplets.

Writer most likely forgot/dgaf.

Neoxon

Charles Soule & Yu Reignite are doing the Civil War book for Secret Wars.

The original "Civil War" by Mark Millar and Steve McNiven was a major success for Marvel in 2006 and 2007 -- and with the incoming "Secret Wars" event prompting Marvel to revisit many of its past stories, a new "Civil War" is on the way from a new creative team.

First announced Friday evening by CNN, writer Charles Soule and artist Leinil Yu are set to team on a new "Civil War," presenting a new take on the security vs. freedom conflict between Iron Man and Captain America -- a story that provides the inspiration for 2016 Marvel Studios film "Captain America: Civil War."

"The idea is to take some of the events in the original storyline and spin them off into entirely new stories," Soule told CNN of the new "Civil War," one of many "Secret Wars"-related series set to debut in the coming months. "Without spoiling, this deals with a world that has been ravaged for quite some time when we pick up the story."

"The Registration Act is all in the past at this point," Soule said of the story. "It's more of a world drastically changed based on a superhero war, and it's a huge story and it's fun to be able to involve every Marvel character there is."

No release time frame was mentioned in CNN's story, but given the current solicitation cycle, it's likely Soule and Yu's "Civil War" will debut from Marvel in July 2015.

Scirrocco

Civil war without the registration act? That actually sounds a little, well, pointless. Its a bit early to be making judgements, admittedly, but the entire idea was a debate about superheres being accountable to, and part of, the government. Without the registration act, and from the sound of the solicit, it seems more like they just an excuse to put the heroes on different sides and have them fight for a lip service reason. Which maybe is pretty true to what mark millar did in the actual event, but it still seems like they're missing out on a good story.

Parallax

Civil war without the registration act? That actually sounds a little, well, pointless. Its a bit early to be making judgements, admittedly, but the entire idea was a debate about superheres being accountable to, and part of, the government. Without the registration act, and from the sound of the solicit, it seems more like they just an excuse to put the heroes on different sides and have them fight for a lip service reason. Which maybe is pretty true to what mark millar did in the actual event, but it still seems like they're missing out on a good story.

it seems like the registration act has already happened and isnt the focus of this story. and good riddance if so. such ham fisted dreck

Scirrocco

The original Civil War completely lost its way quickly so I'm cool with any changes.

And I won't disagree, but what if it stayed on its way? From the solicits, this sounds kind of like the civil war just got really bad, so now both sides will just generally hate each other and will fight just 'cuz. That can still be fun, but there will be plenty of excuses for that in other books and in other parts of secret war. The idea of government control of superheroes seems like it could just be a really interesting idea, that hasn't really been explored to much, in marvel comics at least.

Maybe i'm just taing my dissapointment on the original mini, but i just wish they'd do more with the idea, especially now since this won't be 616 proper so there won't be huge cosequences other writers have to deal with.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Saw this posted on CBR today:

Marvel's "Secret Wars"-related announcements have yet to slow down, with the publisher on Monday revealing "Hail Hydra" on ComicBook.com. The series stars Captain America's son Ian Rogers -- recently known as Nomad -- and is set to reunite the "Winter Soldier: The Bitter March" creative team of writer Rick Remender, line artist Roland Boschi, colorist Chris Chuckry and cover artist Andrew Robinson.

In "Hail Hydra," the titular terrorist organization -- which has gained mainstream fame in recent years due to the Marvel Studios films and "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." TV series -- is in charge of America, with Nomad a "fish out of water" attempting to navigate a world where the villains rule.

Link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/remender-boschi-set-to-hail-hydra-during-secret-wars

SoilBreak

Banned
Al Ewing's Captain Britain And The Mighty Defenders

7JdFSXi.jpg

So far we've heard about everything from a revival of the Old Man Logan world, to a Wild West adventure starring Steve Rogers and Tony Stark, to an all-female Avengers team and much more. Now, we've got the exclusive reveal of another Secret Wars tie-in, a two-part limited series from writer Al Ewing (Mighty Avengers, Loki: Agent of Asgard) and artist Alan Davis (Excalibur, Uncanny X-Men). Prepare to meet Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders.

Here's how Marvel describes the series:

- Welcome to Battleworld - where, in what's left of Mondo-City One, Boss Cage is the law!

- When the fascist futuropolis annexes neighboring Yinsen City, who'll stand up for Ho Yinsen's dream of universal peace?

- If you liked the Mighty Avengers -- you'll love the Mighty Defenders!

Parallax

Is that the spider prowler? Hobies getting all kind of shine. And where the hell is the blue marvel?

Top Bottom