• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadAnon

tenor.gif

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Well i guess I was wrong. At its given rate, and if it does transmit asymptotically, we could be watching the end of the human race as we know it. Its basically a mutation away from ending humanity entirely as well.

Even if it just stays they way it is the global economic collapse caused by the massive amount of people sick and unable to work, or simply refusing to work, will leave us without food, water, and services. Once all the doctors and nurses are sick, dead, or abstaining from their duties the death toll will rise. From what I understand you can get re-infected with this virus as well, so even survivors are not safe.

Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them because within the next month, or two, either you, or a couple of them will be gone. For those of us that survive... I hope you own guns, and have access to food and water.

Last edited:
Well i guess I was wrong. At its given rate, and if it does transmit asymptotically, we could be watching the end of the human race as we know it. Its basically a mutation away from ending humanity entirely as well.

Even if it just stays they way it is the global economic collapse caused by the massive amount of people sick and unable to work, or simply refusing to work, will leave us without food, water, and services. Once all the doctor's and nurses are sick, dead, or abstaining from their duties the death toll will rise. From what I understand you can get re-infected with this virus as well, so even survivors are not safe.

Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them because within the next month, or two, either you, or a couple of them will be gone. For those of us that survive... I hope you own guns, and have access to food and water.
VastSnappyHarvestmouse-size_restricted.gif

Banned

Even if it just stays they way it is the global economic collapse caused by the massive amount of people sick and unable to work, or simply refusing to work, will leave us without food, water, and services. Once all the doctors and nurses are sick, dead, or abstaining from their duties the death toll will rise. From what I understand you can get re-infected with this virus as well, so even survivors are not safe.

guns? Check
Lots of bird seed so I can live off birds and squirrels? Check
Water? Check

48d.png

Ornlu

Banned

:messenger_sleeping::messenger_fearful::messenger_neutral::messenger_grinning::messenger_grinning_smiling::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

Nope, just my depressed amateur assessment of the data coming out of china. The R0 for this virus is almost identical to, if not worse than, the spanish flu. The big difference is that it can spread faster in the modern world, and we are 100% dependent on each other for survival now (food, water, supplies, paying bills, etc).

Last edited:

sinnergy

Nope, just my depressed amateur assessment of the data coming out of china. The R0 for this virus is almost identical, if not worse, to the spanish flu. The big difference is that it can spread faster in the modern world, and we are 100% dependent on each other for survival now (food, water, supplies, paying bills, etc).

But living color conditions are more evolved not like anything like back in time with Spanish flu.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
But living color conditions are more evolved not like anything like back in time with Spanish flu.
So is healthcare, but viruses don't really care. We have no way to really fight them without vaccines, other than pray (if you are religious).

Honestly its not the virus itself that scares me, its the collapse of society that a spanish flu like pandemic will cause. Most people don't realize how fragile our world is, I am going to go buy two more weeks worth of food and water today. Hopefully that will be enough, but it will probably just delay the inevitable.
Would be nice for this thing to mutate and become inept.

Last edited:

lyan

Nope, just my depressed amateur assessment of the data coming out of china. The R0 for this virus is almost identical to, if not worse than, the spanish flu. The big difference is that it can spread faster in the modern world, and we are 100% dependent on each other for survival now (food, water, supplies, paying bills, etc).
Word is that assuming it is similar to SARS as claimed the stronger sunlight in summer will make it much harder to spread and gradually vanish.

A Chinese coworker of mine was making coffee by me and started coughing. I joking said "Better not be the Corona virus!" and she laughed and said "I haven't been back to China!" and I said, but what about your friends? And she said "Oh they came back a couple weeks before this started..."

Am I already dead?

demigod

This is some scary shit now. Anyone know if it can be pass thru mail? I have a package coming from Hong Kong since December 31st. Kinda scared now to get it when it arrives next week, lol. Wonder if I should refuse it, it's just a beyblade toy for my son.

Ornlu

Banned
A Chinese coworker of mine was making coffee by me and started coughing. I joking said "Better not be the Corona virus!" and she laughed and said "I haven't been back to China!" and I said, but what about your friends? And she said "Oh they came back a couple weeks before this started..."

Am I already dead?

If you're extremely unwell already, or 80+, or under the age of 2, then yeah.

Otherwise, no.

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
This is some scary shit now. Anyone know if it can be pass thru mail? I have a package coming from Hong Kong since December 31st. Kinda scared now to get it when it arrives next week, lol. Wonder if I should refuse it, it's just a beyblade toy for my son.

Open the package, and if anything inside looks more less like this, you are already dead.
iu

Mihos

Gold Member

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

Basically, no

We had to decide whether or not we should fog any parts coming from China, but it came back it isn't an issue. It only lives a few hour outside a host.

We had one of our China facilities extend the Lunar New Year break to Feb 9th because of the virus, though.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Umm, Sars could last between 2 day and 5 days depending on the surface. If it worries you then only pick it up with gloves and place it in a secluded place in your house for 5 more days.

You should be more worried about the person bringing your mail. Once the outbreak gets kicking in the US I would suggest not ordering anything, not greeting anyone that brings you your mail, and leaving it in the mail box until like July.

Last edited:

Bigrx1

Banned

If it was laying waste to anyone it infected you would likely be right, but it isn't. It's just a small portion dying from it and there are people that die every year, a lot of them, from different flu forms. This is worse of course, but it isn't going to be the end of humans.

The fact that 5 million people managed to leave Wuhan right before the lockdown scares me.
Chinese people can achieve impressive feats when they gather in large numbers. I know because I read Kingdom.

Welp, this whole corona issue sounds a lot more serious than I thought it would be. Time to retreat to the boonies, I guess. If humanity is doomed, well at least I read the end of Bleach. But I wanted to read the conclusion of Kingdom u_u

NorwayBot

Banned
Where the F is the W.H.O?

Every country on earth has left their balls at that institution, no one dares to make a move before (dare i say it) the "globalist" shills at W.H.O has had their say.

Simple logic here would be; Close the boarders, buy some time, wait and see.

The biggest TROJAN in this event is the

Intergovernmental organization

Where the F is the W.H.O?

Every country on earth has left their balls at that institution, no one dares to make a move before (dare i say it) the "globalist" shills at W.H.O has had their say.

Simple logic here would be; Close the boarders, buy some time, wait and see.

The biggest TROJAN in this event is the

Intergovernmental organization

They're too busy erasing the medical definitions of gender dysmorphia for "equality" (and so that insurance companies don't have to pay for it 🤭 )

So what is the actual thinking here? I still feel like most places will be okay, though the news each day seems a little worse and worse.

We've had a couple in CA so far, but with the ??? incubation and non-symptomatic spreading.. who knows.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So is healthcare, but viruses don't really care. We have no way to really fight them without vaccines, other than pray (if you are religious).

Honestly its not the virus itself that scares me, its the collapse of society that a spanish flu like pandemic will cause. Most people don't realize how fragile our world is, I am going to go buy two more weeks worth of food and water today. Hopefully that will be enough, but it will probably just delay the inevitable.
Would be nice for this thing to mutate and become inept.
Good gravy dude, relax. We'll be fine. It takes a lot more than that to collapse civilization.

vpance

So what is the actual thinking here? I still feel like most places will be okay, though the news each day seems a little worse and worse.

We've had a couple in CA so far, but with the ??? incubation and non-symptomatic spreading.. who knows.

I would think in about 2-3 weeks time it should be known if SHTF levels will be possible. So you can wait to buy food then or start buying now 🤔

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

CDC stated that viruses like this can spread from people without symptoms but it isn't the primary means of infection (and wouldn't fuel the pandemic).

Basically can it spread asymptotically? Yes, occasionally.
Does this feature make it more dangerous? No.

Also the 14 day incubation period is the higher end of the current range which has a fairly normal average 5-7 day incubation period. The lowest numer in the range is 2. So people freaking out about 14 day incubation periods are kinda "statisticing" wrong.

Also, I see some geniuses claiming that y number of people are dead and h number of people are cured (where h<Y) and claiming the death rate must be 57%! That also isn't how statistics work. It could take a month or more for some people to be cured from illnesses like this.

The data that worries me is the R0 which is pretty bad and unusual, and again I am not worried about dying to the virus (I'm <40 and relatively healthy), but I am worried for my elderly parents, and society, if shit really hits the fan.

vpance

How do I know you don't work for the Grocery Syndicate and this is all just hype trying to move product! I'm on to you!

Worst case is you have a bunch of extra food in your house 😉

Although, if you have the food I'd recommend you keep it secret. Don't want your starving neighbors pounding at your door in the middle of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom