• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

RS4-

Only way they'll nerf it is make the AI smarter and actually flank you more often or just not let people continuously melee grab people.

X-Frame

Only way they'll nerf it is make the AI smarter and actually flank you more often or just not let people continuously melee grab people.

Yup. If they have it so enemies either spawn in the back, behind the room or if they flank around the building to come through the back door then everything will be much different.

When 1 enemy gets past the 2 desks all hell breaks loose, especially if it's a Hunter.

Clearly everyone who bought packs with money paid for this DLC. Lol.

Or, you know... didn't have the time to unlock what they wanted normally.

With that said, other games have released free DLC before without any sort of in-game market system. Honestly, this is probably more of a peace offering for the Prothean DLC and "crappy ending" backlash than anything else.... ie, parts of the game that people actually had real problems with.

Or, you know... didn't have the time to unlock what they wanted normally.

With that said, other games have released free DLC before without any sort of in-game market system. Honestly, this is probably more of a peace offering for the Prothean DLC and "crappy ending" backlash than anything else.

Nah, it's probably to allow everyone to play on new maps without the need to fragment the audience.

Either way, I'm STOKED!!

Inversive

Wooo i'm excited. This will keep the community going longer and give it a boost. Maybe this is greedy but i would have liked a few more enemy types too. Collecters and mercs maybe?

I can't fucking wait to play as a Geth Infiltrator! I hope i can get the Black widow by then.

X-Frame

I guess starting Sunday I will save my credits. I need to unlock all these classes ASAP. :)

Hopefully they will tell us what Rarity each class/weapon is.

Nah, it's probably to allow everyone to play on new maps without the need to fragment the audience.

Either way, I'm STOKED!!

Definitely agree to that, I'm happy they're doing what they can to not fragment the player base.

I just don't think that having a paid option for packs facilitated making the DLC free.

Wooo i'm excited. This will keep the community going longer and give it a boost. Maybe this is greedy but i would have liked a few more enemy types too. Collecters and mercs maybe?

I'm guessing this is where they start charging for DLC. It's easier to separate the player base with the enemy factions than with maps.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm not saving credits just yet... that high chance for rares is something we might not get for a while again. Taking the opportunity while it's still there. DLC characters (as well as other's I haven't unlocked yet) will still be there later.

Multiplayer Resurgence Pack - New Species!!

Whaaaat .. that dude was right.

APRIL 10th. FREE. AHHHHHHHH.

Not bad, not bad at all... Looking forward to that Geth infiltrator.

And speaking of infiltrators: Widow I vs Mantis X. Is it worth it to spec into capacity and weight just to use the widow? The penetration ability seems quite useful, but right now (spec'd into damage) the mantis weights a lot less and (according to the in-game bars) seems to do more damage.

RS4-

And speaking of infiltrators: Widow I vs Mantis X. Is it worth it to spec into capacity and weight just to use the widow? The penetration ability seems quite useful, but right now (spec'd into damage) the mantis weights a lot less and (according to the in-game bars) seems to do more damage.

I just put the piercing mod on the Mantis X. Then again I guess it depends if you use a class that doesn't use powers much; if you don't, the widow might be worth the trade.

Inversive

I used the Mantis X for a long long time while i was trying to unlock the Widow (grrr), but once i did get it i never looked back. The Widow is such a satisfying gun to use. I use the pierce mod on it for even more armour damage, it's a beast at taking down the tough enemies.

Cat Party

tumblr_lh9uo0OQjO1qggzono1_250.gif

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So when the dlc is up the premium spectre packs will probably be down right? Makes saving credits for the dlc content a bit harder.

Santini

After the Falcon nerf and finally unlocking the Widow, I went from using a shotgun-based Salarian Infiltrator (SI) to a sniper-based one. One-shotting from range is fun.

As with everything in MP, it all boils down to personal preference. I went the damage & capacity as well as sniper rifle weight reduction route in order to get the most out of sniper rifles.

In regards to Widow I vs. Mantis X (if you're using a SI; other Infiltrators I haven't tried with it yet), I've gone back and forth with both and prefer the Widow I.

Both the Mantis X and Widow I have the Extended Barrel V mod attached, and the Widow comes out ahead in damage. The Widow also has AP built in, so you can use the extra mod slot with a Spare Thermal Clip attachment (or whatever else suits your fancy).

Also, if you're using a SI, the reload time for either sniper rifle syncs with power cooldown when using the Cloak, Energy Drain, shoot tactic. So it's a matter of what feels better to you until you can max out the weapons and mods.

However, if you're also spec'd for Proximity Mine, the Mantis X might be a better alternative, since you can spam your powers more frequently.

Cat Party

Will the DLC characters be unlockable or do we just get them straight away? That guy who leaked the stuff showed it like it was pack you "bought" that had them all.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Will the DLC characters be unlockable or do we just get them straight away? That guy who leaked the stuff showed it like it was pack you "bought" that had them all.

Probably will come from spectre pack... Gotta keep the multiplayer alive as much as possible, if everything was available at the start, people would stop playing fast i suppose.

I don't think there's anything official yet, but the implication from Bioware posts on their own forums at least suggests that they are unlocked like existing content.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Just gonna repost what I said in the dedicated thread for the new DLC:

The six MP characters leaked from the first week that that guy downloaded (so yes, they weren't already on-disc) were all dead-on - I wonder if that means that people may not have to try to get them in packs and they'll just all come in one pack of six like he got them.

And fuck yeah the Krogan Battlemaster is a Vanguard! Looks like it'll be more practical to hang with biotics on Gold with him detonating combos, or better yet, doing Biotic Charges to get out of trouble instantly when shields are gone.

Asari Justicar with a Biotic field that people can stand in? Fuck yes again.

Free? Next week Tuesday already? Well, I think I might have forgiven them for waiting on my Victory and Commendation Pack this week while they fix that glitch!

Mindlog

Picked up the Carnifax I today in my rare Specter pack, but am pretty disappointed in its slower-than-mole asses rate-of-fire (human adept.) Will probably stick with my Predator III. Any other noteworthy heavy pistols out there?
This is what I was saying earlier. I can get infinite headshots with my Carnifex, but I still kill fewer overall than my caster with a faster firing weapon. I'm working at trying to find the balance. In the meantime, the gun you are looking for is the Phalanx.

Krogan - Vanguard? Chocolate - Peanut Butter. Beer- Brat.

I hope we find out how the characters are unlocked soon. Premium Spectre packs are nice, but my Carnifex is level VII, Disciple VI and Widow VII. I don't really need more N7 gear as much as I need a Krogan Vanguard.

I finally have a reason to use my piece of shit level 8 Geth Pulse Rifle. Just to confuse people.
I also can't wait to vote-kick every filthy Batarian that tries to join one of my games.

Thanks for the responses! I think I'll spec the SI for weight in order to combine Energy Drain/Widow. After all the packs it took to get one I'd be waste not to try it.

GAF, how to build my Krogan Soldier?

I'm just at level 11 with my Krogan soldier, but for the moment I'm ignoring Inferno Grenade and just focusing on Fortification (Durability/Power Synergy/Durability*) and Carnage (Damage/Incapacitate/Damage*), afterwards guess I'll pick the capacity tree of Krogan Berserker to cast Carnage faster. Weapons-wise I carry only a Disciple I, although I want to try other combinations.

Seems to work good enough on Bronze, but I don't know what skill would be more useful in higher difficulties: inferno or melee spec'd rage, so I'd leave those trees for last (unless you want a full melee soldier)

*What I'll put points into once I have enough of them.

LosDaddie

Banned
The Batarian's Stasis-like power might actually give me a reason to play Sentinel.

I thought Human Sentinel was a fun class. Biotic explosions with the sentinel shields was good times. More fun than I had with Krogan Sentinel.

don't kill me, GAF

Serious

Human Sentinel is quite effective. The problem is that it's competing directly with the Asari Adept. Would you rather have Stasis or Tech Armor?

Cat Party

Sentinel is the most underappreciated class. It's the best class for using a power weapon, since you can take so much more damage. I keep seeing Turian Sentinels at the top of my silver matches.

Ikkarus

That Geth infiltrator and Asari justicar are both at the top of my most wanted list.

P.S. That harpoon gun looks bad ass.

rozay

Banned
So I'm assuming these items will pop up as gold stuff.

Spam premium packs now in hopes of levelling/getting weapons before 9 new cards show up?

Some people really should not be allowed to host. Dear god.

The match I played just now... it was like the host was on dialup. Abilities that did nothing, enemies teleporting around, players lagging.

To add insult to injury about 10 minutes of the complete failure of a match were spent watching someone try and solo Wave 9 on Gold as an Infiltrator... by killing a total of zero enemies per cloak cycle then relocating. Painful.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I'm assuming these items will pop up as gold stuff.

Spam premium packs now in hopes of levelling/getting weapons before 9 new cards show up?
The leak had them as gold.

It'd be wise to take up your increased chance at getting some ultra rares instead. Spamming premium packs is still the way to go.

Also, via the Gaming thread:

New_DLC_-The_Truth.png

At the least, the first of these two posts appears to have been accurate, leaked information. The second post doesn't seem realistic to me, but does anyone know if these posts were made by the same person?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Human Sentinel is quite effective. The problem is that it's competing directly with the Asari Adept. Would you rather have Stasis or Tech Armor?

Exactly. I feel tech armor is for tanking races like the Krogan and the Turian. On the human, a difference power would have suited it better.

Top Bottom