• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I tried playing Asari Adept a little more tonight on Silver, starting to understand what's so great with them. Nothing feels better than using Statis on a Phantom and shooting/throwing biotics until she's dead without getting hurt. It's also great to get rid of Guardians shields. Sucks against Atlas though. :p

Absol

Questions: Is it safe to assume a lot of you guys ignore fitness most of the time, for gold? I promoted my AA to get the pistol weight reduction instead of fitness 1-3. I'm also thinking about respec-ing my SE to max out everything except for fitness.

Yep. Just used one of my many respec cards on my Asari Adept. Decide to go for a 6/6/6/6/0 build so I can wield my Carnifex III for 200% cooldown. I don't notice anything even without fitness.

Is it just me or did Silver get harder?

Human adept is kind of meh. Can't really pull Guardian shields. I wish Shockwave had more range.

I did, however, unlock the Asari Adept with a Premium Spectre pack. That was nice.

Recarpo

Having a lot more issues the last few days with enemies getting stuck in places and being invulnerable. Have also had enemies get stuck laying on the ground without being able to easily damage them but still shooting back at everyone. Anybody else having these kinds of issues? Should add that I'm on the 360.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Having a lot more issues the last few days with enemies getting stuck in places and being invulnerable. Have also had enemies get stuck laying on the ground without being able to easily damage them but still shooting back at everyone. Anybody else having these kinds of issues? Should add that I'm on the 360.

On 360 and I've had these issues, though not invulnerable. The parts of their models/hit boxes that are sticking out of whatever object they're phased into are still hittable from my experience.

Also, got to 8th wave Gold/Cerberus/Dagger. Not bad, but as my first gold game without getting my ass whooped in a second, it's not very fun IMO. Hey, let's throw Atlases and phantoms at them indefinitely to make it hard! Meh.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
On 360 and I've had these issues, though not invulnerable. The parts of their models/hit boxes that are sticking out of whatever object they're phased into are still hittable from my experience.

Also, got to 8th wave Gold/Cerberus/Dagger. Not bad, but as my first gold game without getting my ass whooped in a second, it's not very fun IMO. Hey, let's throw Atlases and phantoms at them indefinitely to make it hard! Meh.

You just need to have some asari and gang up on the phantoms. I did cerberus today on dagger as well. First non white gold victory. Had a good team.

Ikkarus

When I lost my 99k credits, I noticed the game has unlocked the Drell Vanguard so all was not lost.

I have had the same thing happen to me. I don't believe you actually get nothing but instead you just don't actually see the contents of your pack. I had one freeze on me only for me to change my character and notice a "New" sitting beside the Asari adept. I was one happy chap for sure! :)

Adept for me is my most favourite class, Asari with Carnifex is my heaven. Just wondering what the justicar will bring though bar the shield bubble which will be great for the zone missions.

Walshicus

Got a Black Widow the other day in a Spectre Pack. Thought *this* would be the sniper rifle to help me get past my aversion to the weapon type. Sadly not. Works well against Guardians, but I just fucking hate it against anything else. Back to Phalanx pistol for me!

vanguards, they dominate the first 6 waves then get killed constantly, people need to learn to stop rushing.

also is it me or has silver become harder this weekend? everything seems to be more aggro and annoying.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I tried playing Asari Adept a little more tonight on Silver, starting to understand what's so great with them. Nothing feels better than using Statis on a Phantom and shooting/throwing biotics until she's dead without getting hurt. It's also great to get rid of Guardians shields. Sucks against Atlas though. :p

Actually the Atlas is one of the favorite things for an Asari Adept to run into. It becomes the anvil for your biotic explosion hammer, allowing you to kill everything around it with AoE explosions centered on the Atlas.

Dreamer RD

yes but most players out there seem to not take enough care and just spam, thus going down and becoming useless by wave 7 or so.

If I see a Vanguard with Widow/Claymore/any other heavy gun, then it's a must kick. Wave doesnt really matter, coz even Marauder or standard trooper can kill noob on early wave. Reapers are pain in the ass even for skilled Vanguard player though. Damn Banshees.

Zomba13

This happens a lot when you play with a vanguard.

Oh that sucks. First time it's happened to me. Well, first time that has happened. I've fallen out of bounds before but those times when I just fall into nothingness I pop back at the LZ.

I have had the same thing happen to me. I don't believe you actually get nothing but instead you just don't actually see the contents of your pack. I had one freeze on me only for me to change my character and notice a "New" sitting beside the Asari adept. I was one happy chap for sure! :)

Adept for me is my most favourite class, Asari with Carnifex is my heaven. Just wondering what the justicar will bring though bar the shield bubble which will be great for the zone missions.

She also has pull.

milkham

i thought this weekend's challenge was extractions from reactor on gold, but looking at their blog it seems to be just exp bonus weekend?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i thought this weekend's challenge was extractions from reactor on gold, but looking at their blog it seems to be just exp bonus weekend?

They changed it because the commendation pack glitch isn't fixed yet.

What's the Asari Adept's biotic combo? Bubble and Warp?

An-Det

After finally unlocking the Widow I've been trying out Salarian Infiltrator (following this build, lvl 13 so far, maxed SO and TC so far, started ED) and have really been enjoying it while messing around in bronze to get a feel for it as I level it. I've mainly played my SE so far, but this is a lot of fun. Just one more nail in the coffin of me never playing a soldier in Mass Effect again.

Inversive

Salarian infiltrator is up there for best race/class along with Asari adept. Stealth->energy drain if they have shields->headshot will kill mostly anything that isn't the hard enemies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Warp into throw, stasis into warp, stasis into throw.
Thanks.

The build site has a wide variety of builds, some ignoring throw completely, which is odd to me. Currently have mine specced as a glass cannon for biotic explosions, but I'm not sure if it's the best per ce. What are people rolling with here in terms of 4/5/6 and chosen powers spec'd? Mine isn't fully levelled again yet though so I guess I got a bit of leeway.

Chanser

Also unlocked the Asari Adept when I bought the pack again. Now I need new weapons, I need that Carnifex stat!.

X-Frame

It's such a shame the Drell Adept is murder to everyone's ears because it is such a fun class to play as. I get to use my 250 thermal packs as well as Cluster Grenades are mini-nukes. Huge damage, stagger, and sound awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks for the responses! I think I'll spec the SI for weight in order to combine Energy Drain/Widow. After all the packs it took to get one I'd be waste not to try it.

I'm just at level 11 with my Krogan soldier, but for the moment I'm ignoring Inferno Grenade and just focusing on Fortification (Durability/Power Synergy/Durability*) and Carnage (Damage/Incapacitate/Damage*), afterwards guess I'll pick the capacity tree of Krogan Berserker to cast Carnage faster. Weapons-wise I carry only a Disciple I, although I want to try other combinations.

Seems to work good enough on Bronze, but I don't know what skill would be more useful in higher difficulties: inferno or melee spec'd rage, so I'd leave those trees for last (unless you want a full melee soldier)

*What I'll put points into once I have enough of them.

Just wanna say I didn't miss this post. Seems like an interesting combo, I've got mine spec'd differently. Shouldn't have chosen radius in retrospect for Carnage D:

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just found out Stasis + Lift Grenades don't cause biotic explosions.

My life is a lie.

X-Frame

There's a patch next week coming with the new DLC but it's SP only, what kind of crap is that.

They better be fixing EVERYTHING.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There's a patch next week coming with the new DLC but it's SP only, what kind of crap is that.

They better be fixing EVERYTHING.

What? A single plater patch? How do we know for sure there arent any MP fixes being sneaked in there?

Well multiplayer gets a bunch of hotfixes and tweaks without the need for a big patch pushed out. There are so many glaring issues, I don't see why they wouldn't take the opportunity to push out some hard fixes with a title update.

rozay

Banned
Ummm... Guys. I think I Space Magic'd the multiplayer
http://youtu.be/yujf4c_2utk
space jesus

Also I wouldn't be surpised if the patch tweaks the geth AI on firebase white when dealing with camping in the room-get your games in before tuesday!

Question-do all weapon types lose the same amount of weight when levelled up? How much is it? I specifically want to know how much weight a paladin loses per level, cause 140% even with weight capacity upgrades and the 30 pistol weight decrease is no bueno. The spreadsheet with gun data doesn't seem to have accounted for the weight increase it got.

edit:found the answer, it's currently 1.5-0.9.

Woorloog

Banned
Decoy is awesome, really awesome.
3 rounds on White vs Geth on Gold, Decoys hold them at bay easily.
And dat Overload/Energy Drain/Sabotage spam and Tech Bursts that follow... Nice.

X-Frame

Black Widow II.

I'm sure some of you would be ecstatic at getting a II, but I personally can't snipe for shit, especially when there's even a smidge of lag and enemies side-step faster than most humans can run.

All I really want is the Paladin and a Javelin. Scorpion and Wraith, not so much.

Black Widow II.

I'm sure some of you would be ecstatic at getting a II, but I personally can't snipe for shit, especially when there's even a smidge of lag and enemies side-step faster than most humans can run.

All I really want is the Paladin and a Javelin. Scorpion and Wraith, not so much.

If you can't snipe, why would you want this? The damn thing is so heavy, I don't even find it worth using.

rozay

Banned
Black Widow II.

no you don't

Top Bottom