• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
No commendation pack, no special pack, no DLC and no balance changes yet:

Yeah, they're all busy playing Diablo.

Oh boy, can't wait to see what they'll do to Geths on Gold. Buffing their damage? Buffing their defense? Their movement speed? Their numbers?

Nice to see them buffing the Eagle... hopefully it will be worth something this time.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh boy, can't wait to see what they'll do to Geths on Gold. Buffing their damage? Buffing their defense? Their movement speed? Their numbers?

Nice to see them buffing the Eagle... hopefully it will be worth something this time.

Just give them grenades, then no more camping in one spot anymore.

I actually kind of prefer Firebase Giant with Cerberus, myself. I find it's a bit nicer hanging out at the starting point where there's a fair bit of room with plenty of cover. :)

Giant is a pretty good map for anything but Reaper actually. Firebase Reactor is pretty good too. I think Dagger is the easiet probably since it's so easy to snipe.

Reece

Just saw the news on the new DLC. Can someone explain to me what the new Phoenix adept and vanguard classes are supposed to be? Excited for some Vorcha action though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just saw the news on the new DLC. Can someone explain to me what the new Phoenix adept and vanguard classes are supposed to be? Excited for some Vorcha action though.

Bioware said the details "are not correct" though. Vorcha is pretty much confirmed with the last event they did, but Phoenix and the maps are still unconfirmed.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What the hell is a 'phoenix' in Mass Effect?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, I feel the same way. Seems logical.

Also guys and gals, when DLC news leaks by all means create new threads in the gaming forum. New threads for new news, and all that.

Rufus

How the fuck does that seem logical? Where the hell would they get more Protheans from? Or are we just assuming that they don't give a fuck?

EatChildren

Logical as in "we already modelled and animated this character so we don't have to do as much work" :p.

I just started using a striker assault rifle V - my god this thing is fun.

Proxy mine in a room, 20% more damage for 8 seconds, Hold fire in the general direction of the room (BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM) - really good for infiltrators. Most things go down pretty quickly.

Got a geth Plasma Shotgun, fuck-awesome. Now I have a quarian shotgun Infiltrator and a salarian Infiltrator with a Widow II. Finished leveling the class, now I'm moving on to Engineer, which I've hardly ever played before. Got a salarian with an Arc Pistol II, lets see how he fares tonight.

ShutEye

Well EA has been a complete non-help on my ongoing technical problems aka I can't play this game. I finally received a response from a human yesterday. 35 days after my original complaint & only after I filed a BBB complaint.

I finally figured out on my own that the single player save game is conflicting with the update from April. I removed the single player save from my system.

So my options are i) play multiplayer without a single player save. ii) play single player offline only.

I guess I'll jump back to multiplayer until they patch in god knows when. I probably seriously suck. Back to Bronze I guess.

Oh and Fuck you EA / Bioware.

Dreamer RD

Maybe they will increase limit of on-screen Primes to 3 or 4. It's so enjoyable to watch poor campers getting owned by them from behind, when killed not fast enough. I wish that Decoy would be completely removed and less assholes will play Gold.

rozay

Banned
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 16, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eagle Heavy Pistol
- Damage increased from [60.9-76.1] to [67.0-83.8]

Hurricane SMG
- Damage increased from [93.2-116.5] to [102.5-128.1]

Crusader Shotgun
- Damage increased from [442.1-552.6] to [486.6-608.3]

Indra Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [54.1-67.6] to [62.6-78.2]

Singularity Power
- Fixed a bug where the base duration that enemies are held in the air was still 3 seconds.
  Should now be 6 seconds, as the April 24 changes specify.

Geth Horde Wave Data
- (Gold) Wave 6: reduced number of Hunters from 4 to 2
- (Gold) Wave 6: increased number of Rocket Troopers from 2 to 3
- (Gold) Wave 6: added a single Geth Prime
- (Gold) Wave 10: reduced number of Pyros from 4 to 3
- (Gold) Wave 10: increased number of Geth Primes from 2 to 3

Card Data
- 255 max cap on ammo, medigel, rockets, shields - they should grant equipment items instead if maxed
- Respec cards are now uncommon rather than rare
- Increasing XP bonuses for character cards
eagle still sucks lol

Those changes aren't too bad and certainly won't effect any GGW matches.

Cool to hear respec cards are now uncommon -- those are super useful (especially if you don't wanna grind on bronze/silver) yet always suck with they take up a coveted rare slot in your Spectre Packs, so I'm happy to hear they're both easier to get and will no longer piss you off upon getting! :D

Still think they should stop giving character cards if you've already maxed out all the customization options for that particular character. :p

Mindlog

Finally, the corrected the item issue. Fuck you very much Thermal Clip Pack.

I don't know what I want more from my Commendation Pack - Valiant III or Hurricane I.

X-Frame

It seems like BW can clearly stop having character cards show up in packs but the increased XP given means they want to make promoting more enticing.

Even if they also replaced them with consumables I'd be fine with that, but getting my 25th Krogon Soldier gets frustrating.

Firebrand

Operation Silencer: FISSION MAILED
Re: Operation SILENCER

Confidentiality classification: XB-PRIME

Distribution: N7 Forces Only

Soldiers of the Milky Way –

It is with great regret that I must announce the withdrawal of forces from several colonies in asari space. Reinforcing them proved untenable. While Operation SILENCER inflicted substantial casualties, the Reapers learned from our victories against the brutes, and they now know how to protect their own.

Rest assured that we too are learning from this conflict. Already, we are implementing plans to supply our forces with a better arsenal so that, when we next meet the enemy, they are ours. Until your next deployment, keep calm and carry on. We will pay the Reapers back soon enough.

--Admiral Hackett
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/05/16/operation-silencer-update/

Pretty silly of them to TRIPLE the enemy kill cap at this stage of the game (3 million may have been possible around release, but people are playing other stuff now).

Whatevs!

X-Frame

Why doesn't BW give some rewards for leveling up the N7 rating if they really want people to keep promoting? Like a free Premium Spectre every 500 points or something. Or a Commendation Pack.

Re: Operation SILENCER

Confidentiality Classification: XB-PRIME

Distribution: N7 Forces Only

Soldiers of the Milky Way –

It is with great regret that I must announce the withdrawal of forces from several colonies in asari space. Reinforcing them proved untenable. While Operation SILENCER inflicted substantial casualties, the Reapers learned from our victories against the brutes, and they now know how to protect their own.

Rest assured that we too are learning from this conflict. Already, we are implementing plans to supply our forces with a better arsenal so that, when we next meet the enemy, they are ours. Until your next deployment, keep calm and carry on. We will pay the Reapers back soon enough.

–Admiral Hackett

Source: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/05/16/operation-silencer-update/

xhoIB.gif

Top Bottom