• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Sai

This happened last night:

c1fbb9fd.jpg

When I played the next match I had angel wings and a halo around my head. True story.
Don't you dare level up anybody else.

KEEP IT!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Ugh just played three failed games where no one else had revives, waste about 12 of them myself.

You'd think with the jumbo equip pack everyone on gold would have a good amount of revives.

Mindlog

I've been given a hard time for using too much Medi-Gel. A player complained that I rezzed even though he was right beside me.

I have it handled. I am not lacking in medi-gel (170.) I'm more concerned about clear time. I have to play this god-awful terrible map of White Gold Geth, because trying to get into a real Gold game is taking too long.

I know what happens when two of the team's top damage dealers are otherwise engaged and my decoy is about to expire.

The clear still took almost 30 minutes. White-Geth-Gold games are so slow.

i don't get the 777 reference :(

unless there is none
Bible - 3 means complete and seven is associated with perfect. So therefore 777 is commonly attributed as 'of God'. Other religions also have a fascination with this number being perfect as well.

Also 6 'falls short' of perfection, and therefore the Antichrist is represented by 666, or completely not perfect. I can't believe I wrote this in a ME thread lol.

I'm having problems getting into the multiplayer. I just put in my online pass and downloaded the pack, which I know is there because its in save file, and every time I get back to the multiplayer screen it doesn't register. It just keeps saying that I need the online pass again. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the file so any other suggestions? I'm on the PS3 by the way.

Which pack should I be buying if I want to upgrade my Arc I pistol? So far, it's been pretty badass with my Salarian Infilitrator but it doesn't pack quite enough of a punch. I need a good shotgun too, something light so I can spam my Energy Drain more.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Which pack should I be buying if I want to upgrade my Arc I pistol? So far, it's been pretty badass with my Salarian Infilitrator but it doesn't pack quite enough of a punch. I need a good shotgun too, something light so I can spam my Energy Drain more.

Any gold item(such as the arc pistol) come from spectre and premium spectre packs. The best weapons are usually the gold ones, although some "silver" ones arent too bad either.

Been doing a lot more random/random Gold with some buddies. It's way more fun and unpredictable, though sometimes you die on wave 6, when you get through full extraction, you can get around 450-500,000 xp in a round. Good times.

So far surprisingly Geth glacier was hard without an engineer to distract them. Those pyros take you down quick.

Walshicus

Bible - 3 means complete and seven is associated with perfect. So therefore 777 is commonly attributed as 'of God'. Other religions also have a fascination with this number being perfect as well.

Also 6 'falls short' of perfection, and therefore the Antichrist is represented by 666, or completely not perfect. I can't believe I wrote this in a ME thread lol.

Isn't that 666 thing a myth? By which I mean the "number of the beast" was actually "616" and that "666" was a typo from later versions?

Nori Chan

lol nah i got you

I thought it was something from me3 that went over my head lol

Cat Party

Just got the Krogan Sentinel, lol. Still missing 4 of the 6 characters from Resurgence, but I finally got all the original characters.

Also, game seems to be more generous with N7 drops recently.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
After getting N7 Crusader III, today I open the package and see that I got the Hurricane.

Damnit.

And did the community fail to kill 3 million Banshees or something? I didn't get any Victory Pack, only the Commendation Pack.

Gui_PT

After getting N7 Crusader III, today I open the package and see that I got the Hurricane.

Damnit.

And did the community fail to kill 3 million Banshees or something? I didn't get any Victory Pack, only the Commendation Pack.

Yeah the mission was a failure

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Whelp, this was a new bug. Played a game without any shields. Needless to say, I was very squishy.

My friend is thinking of renting ME3 to play some multiplayer with me. does anyone know if he can try multiplayer for a day or two before having to buy the online pass?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Premium Spectre Packs have been showin' me much love today.

At least I got my Revenant up to X.

Once it gets to that weight, it becomes serviceable for almost any class.

I typically rock it with my Justicar. Adds a ton of versatility to an already highly adaptable class. Whether I'm bubbling up heavy and essentially turning my Justicar into a mobile turret platform or crowd reaving/bubble trapping, the Revenant w/ stability mod +AP or extended mag is perfect for almost every situation.

That and the Hurricane. It fucks couches.

sophora

Bought an XBL Gold card today. I guess I'm back online tomorrow. It's a pretty nice experience taking turns with the BF trying to earn credits for our characters, though he won't touch gold missions.

metalshade

I typically rock it with my Justicar. Adds a ton of versatility to an already highly adaptable class. Whether I'm bubbling up heavy and essentially turning my Justicar into a mobile turret platform or crowd reaving/bubble trapping, the Revenant w/ stability mod +AP or extended mag is perfect for almost every situation.

That and the Hurricane. It fucks couches.

Sorry, the Hurricane does what?
I didnt know that my sofa was even in ME3!
I have to get it cleaned now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My Revenant is still at II. :( It sucks, the damage is terrible, i tried it a few times on a soldier or sentinel and it takes forever to kill anything with it. I guess its a different story at X.

Sai

Oooh~

Gonna try it out with a few of my Soldiers for a while.

[EDIT] - Um.... Wow. Forgot how beast this thing is. Seems like they nerfed it a bit from it's ME2 incarnation, but with the mods it gets pretty close.

Dreamer RD

It was kinda stupid to make 3,000,000 Banshees kill objective in latest operation. The game is pretty much dead already and they cant even fix some bugs. Only worthless "balance" changes.

Mindlog

I'm fairly certain they did that on purpose. The community just topped 3 million Brutes on the first OP. Brutes spawn at a far higher rate than Banshees.

That's a lot of unlocks. Makes my list look feeble.
memLE.png

I did stop buying PSPs a while ago. I'm sitting on ~3.5 million credits just waiting for DLC.

DY_nasty

Banshees are the last true challenge in the game IMO. Love fighting them with a good, aggressive team.

This multiplayer has been great and I really hope bioware gives this formula another chance in the mass effect universe somehow. I can't believe how much fun I've had in such a simple horde mode that was supposed to be nothing more than a pointless addition.

Cat Party

Banshees are the last true challenge in the game IMO. Love fighting them with a good, aggressive team.

This multiplayer has been great and I really hope bioware gives this formula another chance in the mass effect universe somehow. I can't believe how much fun I've had in such a simple horde mode that was supposed to be nothing more than a pointless addition.

Exactly. I really hope we'll see a fully-fledged co-op game with a campaign at some point.

Tsukumo

Exactly. I really hope we'll see a fully-fledged co-op game with a campaign at some point.

A co-op campaign would be the only thing that would get me back to this franchise. Because I've seen how Bioware handles single player where you make the choice that matters and I rather have more cinematic action, to play and replay to death, than a story-driven saga where they can't deliver the goods in the end.
Also, as someone else already suggested (was it Mindlog?), give Geth some grenades.
Neat idea by the way.

DY_nasty

I think the Geth would be greatly benefited by adding hoppers.

A colossus would be awesome, but they're definitely not map friendly. :/

I'm fairly certain they did that on purpose. The community just topped 3 million Brutes on the first OP. Brutes spawn at a far higher rate than Banshees.

I think so too. Now they can do that challenge again and say "reinforcements have arrived! Now play as the Vorcha to help defeat the Banshees".

Do you guys think they will add the Collectors as a new enemy type?

X-Frame

Whether the near-confirmed "Phoenix" class are Prothean's or Cerberus defectors, I think both of them should end up in the MP at some point.

If they could pull off having the players control a Phantom defector, that'd be crazy.

Whether the near-confirmed "Phoenix" class are Prothean's or Cerberus defectors, I think both of them should end up in the MP at some point.

If they could pull off having the players control a Phantom defector, that'd be crazy.

Phantom defector ? That would be a new class ? Like a new human (let's assume biotics class) with the sword as melee ?

X-Frame

Phantom defector ? That would be a new class ? Like a new human (let's assume biotics class) with the sword as melee ?

Probably not, but it is cool to think about. If they didn't give Shepard any sort of sword functionality in the SP then I doubt they could have players control a Phantom at this point.

But maybe a Centurion or Engineer.

Sai

The "Phoenix" classes were rumored to be Adepts and Vanguards, right?

Cerberus defectors would be interesting, though.

The "Phoenix" classes were rumored to be Adepts and Vanguards, right?

Cerberus defectors would be interesting, though.

Yep. Here is the leaked info:

"A source at Electronic Arts has let me know a bit of information concerning a future DLC pack for Bioware’s Mass Effect 3! Entitled the “Rebellion” and includes a bevy of ridiculously awesome stuff!

The “Rebellion” Multiplayer Expansion opens two new fronts against the Reapers: Firebase Jade’s jungle reservoir and Firebase Goddess on Thessia. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons as well as equipment, consumables, and six new classes: Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator, Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel, Phoenix Adept and Vanguard.

Included are two new maps: “Firebase Jade’s” jungle reservoir & Firebase Goddess on Thessia

In-game reinforcements have three new weapons along with equipments/consumables

And the biggest surprise, 4 new classes: Vorcha Soldier & Sentinel, and Phoenix Adept & Vanguard"

Top Bottom