• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

I won't be here to claim my prize

so i helped out for the greater cause

That's dedication right there.

CFQhs.jpg

Mindlog

Just in case anyone is curious, you can be insta-killed by a Phantom mid-Falcon Punch.
Yeah, I 'learned' that the hard way. I put the learn in quotations, because I still do it all the time.

One last game of Gold for me before the DLC hits. I stopped playing Shotty Geth Infiltrator because it's too overpowered (cloak/hunter mode/proximity mine/ridiculous.) It was my Human Claymore X vs a Geth Claymore X. We were team players and everything, but by the end of the game you could tell we were pushing hard to top each others score. Beginning in round 10 we were letting loose with unnecessary Cobras. Watching every enemy spawn explode via Cobra was good fun.

In the end I 'won' with one last cobra shot into an enemy spawn that took down an Atlas and Phantom. The difference was only a few thousand points on a 100k+ bar. After that game I caved and bought a PSP. Javelin V.

Promoted my 3 and hoping for a Hurricane II.

X-Frame

Yeah, I 'learned' that the hard way. I put the learn in quotations, because I still do it all the time.

One last game of Gold for me before the DLC hits. I stopped playing Shotty Geth Infiltrator because it's too overpowered (cloak/hunter mode/proximity mine/ridiculous.) It was my Human Claymore X vs a Geth Claymore X. We were team players and everything, but by the end of the game you could tell we were pushing hard to top each others score. Beginning in round 10 we were letting loose with unnecessary Cobras. Watching every enemy spawn explode via Cobra was good fun.

In the end I 'won' with one last cobra shot into an enemy spawn that took down an Atlas and Phantom. The difference was only a few thousand points on a 100k+ bar. After that game I caved and bought a PSP. Javelin V.

Promoted my 3 and hoping for a Hurricane II.

Yeah, I won't stop either. I love staggering them with Ballstic Blades and then swoop in for the auto-aim Falcon Punch. So satisfying when you single-handedly kill a Phantom in 5 seconds and watch her corpse get smashed 20 feet away.

What is your build for your Human Claymore X?

Mindlog

Right now 6/6/0/6/6
Cloak - Damage/Recharge/Bonus Power
Cryo - Duration/Explosion/Froze Vulnerability
(sticky grenade)
Training - Damage & Capactiy/Headshots/Weapon Damage
Fitness - Durability/Shield Recharge/Fitness Expert

This is a really old build that I haven't bothered to respec yet. For example I have D&C in Training because my Claymore used to be absurdly heavy. I use Cryo as a mild crowd control and debuff, but sometimes I wonder of the raw damage of sticky grenades would be a better idea. Tweaks aside it's Claymore and Cloak that do most of the work.

On this build my Claymore usually has a Smart Choke and Shredder mod.

*I have two respec cards now so may as well use one. I am switching Training's first evolution to Weapon Damage.

Found a new bug. The framerate drops so bad it makes the game unplayable. Its like i'm lagging but, im not, the connection was fine at the time. I noticed during it stuttering the HDD on my PS3 is lit up the whole time. It must be some bug with the game accessing the HDD but it gets stuck in a loop. This has happened to me 2 or 3 times already forcing me to quit the games I was in. :-( it happened to my friend last night. :-/

Has this happened to anyone else before?

oh god i just finished that game for the first time last week

youre pulling on my heart strings with that pic :(

Nice, it's a great game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
When does the operation weekend end? I've still got one character to promote but it will take a few games.

Replicant

Found a new bug. The framerate drops so bad it makes the game unplayable. Its like i'm lagging but, im not, the connection was fine at the time. I noticed during it stuttering the HDD on my PS3 is lit up the whole time. It must be some bug with the game accessing the HDD but it gets stuck in a loop. This has happened to me 2 or 3 times already forcing me to quit the games I was in. :-( it happened to my friend last night. :-/

Has this happened to anyone else before?

LOL, that's not new. That happens all the time on PS3. Just another quality bug from Bioware. You'll see the sign if it's going to start stuttering once you completed a game and about to receive your rewards. If the little boxes that tell you if you get Full Extraction or not comes up many times but the content is empty, you'll know it's coming. When that happens, forget about doing another match and just quit the game, restart PS3, and restart the game. It should be fine again after that.

Unfortunately sometimes you miss that and get caught halfway mid-game. If you start seeing the game slowing down around wave 7 or so, forget about doing another round after that game is complete and you get the reward. Just quit the game, restart PS3, and restart the game before you play another round. Otherwise, prepare for agony 101.

For everyone else on PS3, you'll know if your team mate has this problem if he starts standing around looking dumbfounded/moving slowly and got caught in enemy crossfire many times, requiring you to revive him over and over. That's not him trying to fuck up your game. That's the player having trouble being able to control the character since he barely can see the frames moving.

Melchiah

For everyone else on PS3, you'll know if your team mate has this problem if he starts standing around looking dumbfounded/moving slowly and got caught in enemy crossfire many times, requiring you to revive him over and over. That's not him trying to fuck up your game. That's the player having trouble being able to control the character since he barely can see the frames moving.

I've experienced that a handful of times, and I've always wondered whether the others thought like that. Once I got stuck in the desk in Firebase White, and someone tried to revive me constantly as it was the extraction round. I bet (s)he hated my guts. =D

Today I experienced a new bug in Firebase Giant. Both of the Cerberus snipers fell over the edge, where you spawn in the beginning, and all of our team tried to shoot them below us. It took a while until we managed to hit them.

EDIT: Four classes promoted. Glad I already had three on level 20 before the weekend goal was announced.

What are some good weapon recommendations for a Salarian Infiltrator on Gold? Noticing I'm not dealing good damage with my Arc Pistol and Katana combo. It works fine for Silver, but not very well for Gold.

And why the fuck do people think they can play Gold with a shitty Soldier class using an Avenger I? Randoms are downright terrible in Gold.

Why?

What are some good weapon recommendations for a Salarian Infiltrator on Gold? Noticing I'm not dealing good damage with my Arc Pistol and Katana combo. It works fine for Silver, but not very well for Gold.

And why the fuck do people think they can play Gold with a shitty Soldier class using an Avenger I? Randoms are downright terrible in Gold.

Why?

I use snipers with the Salarian Infiltrator on Gold. It's such a beastly set up for kills, objective and reviving. You should be able to hit 100K pretty easily. Specific snipers: M-98 Widow, Black Widow or Valiant. Use the Valiant if you have it. You can pick up cloak damage bonus and damage bonus for sniper shots.

Mindlog

Agreed.

If I ever level my Black Widow or Valiant a bit more it might change, but right now my Salarian uses Widow X exclusively. No sidearm required. It works perfectly with my pattern of Cloak/ED -> Shoot ->Reload Cancel -> Shoot. With tall cover it's really easy to deal damage without exposing yourself.

If I need a sniper rifle for any other class that's when I break out my Valiant II.

Replicant

If you host the game and a random last Geth got stuck inside a wall or a ground or a console panel and none of us players can kill it, then *please* quit the game. Then message any of the players still in the game to invite you back to the game.

WGG? Maybe PS3 has better amount of skilled random players but I rarely go to a WGG game and not come out with full extraction. It helps, of course, to weed out your team mates. I refuse to partner up with anyone below N7 100 and anyone using character below level 10.

On that note, after playing so much WGG and returning to Silver, everything seems so much easier. Enemies die faster and there are less of them too!! So fun.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I hate my luck, all i want is a Claymore X and a Carnifex X, and they're some of the worst ranks i've got on my gold weapons. :(

CmAl7.png

Mindlog

Incoming wall of patch.
Hi Everyone.

We are pleased to say that the next Mass Effect 3 patch will be arriving this week for most platforms. It will be available for the PC on Tuesday May 29 and for the Xbox 360 on Thursday May 31. We do not have a release date for the PS3 yet. When we have a confirmed date, we will let everyone know.

Patch 1.03 Notes:

Common to all Platforms:
-Fixed an issue where sometimes facial movement would not match the voice over if a hitch occurred
-Fixed an issue where taking cover in a certain area of Cure the Genophage mission would cause players to become blocked from progress
-Fixed Action mode so it will now respect difficulty if set in the main menu
-Fixed an issue where the player would always be walking forward instead of towards objective in The Return mission
-Fixed the Ultralight Materials SMG weapon mod in multiplayer so it correctly affects weapon recharge
-Fixed a rare case where the reinforcement pack purchases could fail and take currency without giving cards
- Fixed the issue where users logged off/disconnected during multiplayer gameplay would not log back in properly until their game is rebooted
-Fixed the issue that multiplayer Geth sentry turret flamethrower would endlessly repeat audio SFX
-Fixed various multiplay maps where a player could fall through the map during multiplayer gameplay
-Fixed the issue that using an ops survival pack consumable immediately before death could have no effect. It now works as intended
-Fixed the issue so the Falcon weapon in multiplayer no longer sometimes fire blanks
-Fixed the issue where enemies who were detonated with a biotic power while in stasis would become invulnerable
-Fixed the issue where Banshees who got hit with a rocket launcher would not play the correct death animation
-Fixed the issue where joining a match in progress while a Geth prime turret is active leaves the turret there for the remainder of the game. It now disappears.
-Fixed the issue when joining a match in progress while the host is performing a combat roll would play firing animation on the client for the host character, for the duration of the match
-Fixed an issue so Vanguards who are charging as they die are no longer being routed to the ground
-Fixed Host migration that would sometimes cause players to start on an incorrect wave
-Fixed the issue when a client quitting a match during deep bleedout causes muted/ducked audio to persist into next match
-Fixed the issue that when being revived at the same time as being executed would leave players in an T-Pose state
-Fixed the issue that when a Banshee takes enough damage to stop her charge state, her normal state is not immediately returned
-Fixed the issue where a player could enter a state when completing cover interactions near a ladder which could lead them to becoming invulnerable and unable to deal damage
-Fixed game hitching of 1-2 seconds at start of waves
-Fixed clients occasionally seeing nonstop firing visual effects
-Fixed evaded projectiles having an erratic course
-Fixed an issue where selecting resume after death could occasionally cause henchmen to not spawn properly
-Fixed weapon recoil that could become reversed with a Turian when stability mod and passive power present
-Fixed the cover slot in Meet the Diplomats mission would cause a player to become stuck
-Fixed Geth prime and harvesters taking headshot bonus damage when they shouldn’t
-Fixed shooting the atlas in the cockpit with a penetration weapon doing double damage
-Fixed the Kishock Sniper Rifle that would hit head bone (critical hit) on enemies that should not be possible, such as the Brute, Banshee and Ravager
-Fixed and issue where clients in cover cannot do any damage to targets at wide angles relative to the cover
-Fixed an issue where player can glitch their melee combo to only perform cover lean melee animations
-Fixed an issue where while dying in multiplayer, if the player pressed the prolong life button too quickly they could erroneously die
-Fixed an issue so Drell Adept Reave audio plays at full volume for all players
-Fixed an issue that an interrupt could sometimes fail to prevent a Cerberus engineer from building a turret
-Fixed a crash in conversations after Investigate Sanctuary mission
-Fixed an issue to prevent gear items from Rebellion DLC getting cleared between matches
-Fixed an issue so ammo consumables, such as cyro ammo, would not replicated from host to clients
-Fixed the Memory Leak going in and out of Multiplayer Menus
-Added feature to remove AFK players after a set amount of inactivity
-Added a cooldown to Ops Survial consumable
-Made ammo consumables insta-reload and damage bonus

PS3 Only:
-Fixed wrong DLC Text in the Trophy File
-Added Downloadable Content option to PS3 Main Menu

Xbox Only:
- Fixed an issue where Mass Effect 3 soft locks in character screen if user unplugs Ethernet at “Checking downloadable content…” after accepting an invitation from multiplayer menu

PC Only:
-Fixed an issue where the Online Pass Activation screen would appear for users despite PC not having a need for an online pass
-Fixed the Galaxy Map search and rescue asset GUI not appearing when using eyefinity
-Fixed an issue where users could not scan on galaxy map when right-click is rebound
-Fixed an issue where having the PC hud (heads up display) (left shift) up when a player dies in multiplayer and revived would cause player unable to move and the hud to remain active
Hell, it's about time.
source

They fixed Atlas and Geth Prime damage bugs. That's going to make things a lot tougher.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
GREAT NEWS
-Added feature to remove AFK players after a set amount of inactivity
-Added a cooldown to Ops Survial consumable
-Made ammo consumables insta-reload and damage bonus
I like this too.

Finally.

I like how they're patching Single Player too. As if anyone's still playing it.

No more Vanguard glitching! And the Reave bug's been fixed too.

rozay

Banned
That's a huge patch, and a long time coming. Provided this doesn't break anything, I'm thankful that it's finally getting done.

Bisnic

Eh... no wonder it took them this long to release a patch if they're gonna fix a lot of things at once. This week gonna be nice for ME3 with all these fixes and the new maps/characters/weapons.

Lone_Prodigy said:
I like how they're patching Single Player too. As if anyone's still playing it.

People will play again when they will release the summer DLC. Although its only going to be for a short while. Still, I'm pretty pissed off that i lost my ME1 characters since i decided to format my PC without doing a backup of the save files. FUCK ME. I really dont feel like playing through ME1, ME2 and ME3 campaigns all over again(and no, the shitty ME3 ending has nothing to do with it).

GREAT NEWS

I like this too.

Yes, i wasted a few ops survival due to lag and me spamming the damn button. Making ammo consumables more valuable is nice too. I have over 200, while my three other items are around 20-60.

Mindlog

There are some items conspicuously absent such as the Kroguard Rage Tree fix. That might be because it couldn't make it to cert in time. I hope the grab bug got fixed somehow.

Still, a pretty good patch.

*Not seeing Shockwave's fix is a huge bummer.

rozay

Banned
Yeah there aren't any fixes for broken skill trees which is unfortunate. Krogan vanguard is still gold viable without rage though

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Justicars need a fix as well.

I was cautiously hoping for a Vanguard buff for Gold, but it looks like dirty spamhards belong on Silver.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
-Fixed various multiplay maps where a player could fall through the map during multiplayer gameplay

I remain skeptical that they fixed this, but here's hoping. Maybe I'll finally play vanguard again.

And ouch at the geth prime and atlas buffs. That one is going to hurt.

Bisnic

Happened to me a few times, and I've been in contact with them about it, yet I still haven't received the packs I bought, nor have they returned the money I paid for them.

I've gotten this bug a few times where i dont see the content of the packs i chose and "lost" my money.

But the thing is, you still get the content of the pack. I remember checking my weapons after i had this bug, and my Geth Plasma SMG went from II to III. Same thing when i unlocked the Asari Adept.

Melchiah

I've gotten this bug a few times where i dont see the content of the packs i chose and "lost" my money.

But the thing is, you still get the content of the pack. I remember checking my weapons after i had this bug, and my Geth Plasma SMG went from II to III. Same thing when i unlocked the Asari Adept.

Well, they advised me to reload the game and check it again, but I didn't see anything new in the inventories. It was at the time the Resurgence pack was released, and it failed to process half of my purchases.

X-Frame

Can't wait to blow all my 255 thermal clips with the Drell Adept finally. 'Splosions everywhere!

I assume the skill tree bugs will come next, in another 2 months. Or maybe they don't require a patch but just a server-side update?

Sai

-Fixed Geth prime and harvesters taking headshot bonus damage when they shouldn’t
-Fixed shooting the atlas in the cockpit with a penetration weapon doing double damage
?... ?!... ?!?! D:<

Other than that, awesome patch. Long time coming.

Bisnic

Have they not fixed the reave bug?

if not: then lololololol

It was one of the most easy to notice bug, but yeah... still there(until the patch tomorrow that is).

They prefered to put as many bug fixes as possible in one patch rather than releasing multiple ones...and since ME3 has so many bugs... well that's what happen : almost 3 months to release it. :lol

Heard that its because of how much it cost to release patches on consoles... sucks that we PC players have to pay for it. :mad:

ScrubJay

The way they worded the reave fix sounds like "It used to occasionally play all the time at full volume for some people, now it plays all the time for everyone in the match!". Here's hoping for max trollage.

Can't tell. The fix list is vague on this and the one about Atlases.

Geth prime were fun to shoot at because they have a weak point. Banshee should have a headshot register too. I don't care about Ravager because they are only one bar of armor but Atlas aren't fun to fight : you just waste ton of time shooting the thing...

Top Bottom