• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Ugh is it just me or did they up the Cerberus awareness for warps and throws. Cant hit anything. Even if they don't see me coming from behind its like they have developed a spidey sense for warp and throw.

Also had the weirdest bug last night, joined a ongoing game, and I couldn't see my teammates. Only my score was displayed, but I heard shots and kills and got revived but never saw anyone on the map or that anyone got any kills etc.

Ugh is it just me or did they up the Cerberus awareness for warps and throws. Cant hit anything. Even if they don't see me coming from behind its like they have developed a spidey sense for warp and throw.

Also had the weirdest bug last night, joined a ongoing game, and I couldn't see my teammates. Only my score was displayed, but I heard shots and kills and got revived but never saw anyone on the map or that anyone got any kills etc.

I've had this feeling, too. Those fuckers kept dodging everything last time I played.

And I joined a game in progress and one of the players appeared as a corpse, just lying on the ground. Thing is, the guy could still move around and shoot, but his visible body was dead and remained where it was. Eventually he got his body back, only now it was floating six feet above the ground.

Anyone having major lag issue on PS3 ? We changed host 3 thrice in the game and playing was impossible. Enemies teleporting everywhere, hit never getting registered, power hitting ghosts...

Replicant

Yessss!!! 1 million earned and promoted 3 classes! Got some awesome random crews for some reason tonight. No matter how many Banshees they throw at us, we managed to clean them well.

Also, I hope other people read this. You don't actually need Rocket Launcher to deal with the Banshees in WGG. As long as there's someone behind the desk, the Banshee will attempt to jump towards that guy but she can't do it. So she'll always be in this stupid looping animation hovering over the desk over and over again. This is where the rest of the crews should throw all their ammos at her. If things get dire, yes, use Rocket Launcher but otherwise, don't waste your ammo just yet. Especially when you're just dealing with Banshees in anything up to and including wave 7. Save it for the multiple Primes and Banshees from wave 8 and upwards. AND when your team have hacking missions. Those missions always tend to go haywire without a few launchers.

Yessss!!! 1 million earned and promoted 3 classes! Got some awesome random crews for some reason tonight. No matter how many Banshees they throw at us, we managed to clean them well.

Also, I hope other people read this. You don't actually need Rocket Launcher to deal with the Banshees in WGG. As long as there's someone behind the desk, the Banshee will attempt to jump towards that guy but she can't do it. So she'll always be in this stupid looping animation hovering over the desk over and over again. This is where the rest of the crews should throw all their ammos at her. If things get dire, yes, use Rocket Launcher but otherwise, don't waste your ammo just yet. Especially when you're just dealing with Banshees in anything up to and including wave 7. Save it for the multiple Primes and Banshees from wave 8 and upwards. AND when your team have hacking missions. Those missions always tend to go haywire without a few launchers.

Yep, that works great but, be careful because sometimes she will come through the desk.

Ronabo

Ugh is it just me or did they up the Cerberus awareness for warps and throws. Cant hit anything. Even if they don't see me coming from behind its like they have developed a spidey sense for warp and throw..

Yeah I was playing my Human Sentinel on Silver and it was harder than normal to hit someone with a Warp or Throw. The bastards kept rolling.

CushVA

PC Version: anyone getting errors when trying to purchase packs (Premium Spectre)? It keeps taking my credits with nothing to show, except maybe 1 weapon.

Did they stealth buffed gold ? I couldn't extract a single gold game today. Actually, I could only get wave 10 credits once only. My squad mates weren't that bad either...

Gui_PT

Did they stealth buffed gold ? I couldn't extract a single gold game today. Actually, I could only get wave 10 credits once only. My squad mates weren't that bad either...

I think it's just full of idiots because of the weekend operation

I've been having a harder time than usual

X-Frame

I leveled up my Batarian Soldier's Ballistic Blades with Damage/Range/Damage, and now I feel like I should've taken Explosive at the last evolution for more crowd control. I do more overall damage the way I have it now, but I still think more CC is worth it.

I also went with a Carnage-spammer build on my Krogan Soldier and don't like it. I don't see how Carnage is worth the points. I'd much rather max Inferno Grenades, especially after their recent buff.

So I'll probably just hit 20 then promote again. Oh well.

AB12

Trying to promote my vanguard class, almost level 20, but have gotten the charge glitch twice.

Can't believe they haven't fix it yet.

rozay

Banned
I leveled up my Batarian Soldier's Ballistic Blades with Damage/Range/Damage, and now I feel like I should've taken Explosive at the last evolution for more crowd control. I do more overall damage the way I have it now, but I still think more CC is worth it.

I also went with a Carnage-spammer build on my Krogan Soldier and don't like it. I don't see how Carnage is worth the points. I'd much rather max Inferno Grenades, especially after their recent buff.

So I'll probably just hit 20 then promote again. Oh well.
Explosive blades stagger banshees and phantoms :)

Glacier Cerberus White is the new farming. 2 Asari adepts and 2 infiltrators is money. 22 minutes average, even with Banshees

Edit: after 2.5 months of grinding and wanting it on day 1, finally.
6603062d.jpg

Unlocked drell Adept, krogan Sentinel and geth Engineer yesterday. The adept's pretty cool, though I had a harder time racking up points than I did with my normal human Adept. Haven't tried the other two yet.

Still waiting to unlock any of the two batarians. I want to be a space communist. :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Me: "Yes, I think I shall screw around with my low level Batarian on Bronze. Time to search for games."
Game: "WHAT'S THAT? YOU WANT REAPERS ON SILVER? OKAY. ALSO I PUT YOU ON SOME SERVER A BILLION MILES AWAY SO YOUR LAG IS SHIT. NO WORRIES."

Me: "Yes, I think I shall screw around with my low level Batarian on Bronze. Time to search for games."
Game: "WHAT'S THAT? YOU WANT REAPERS ON SILVER? OKAY. ALSO I PUT YOU ON SOME SERVER A BILLION MILES AWAY SO YOUR LAG IS SHIT. NO WORRIES."

That would explain BioWare's apparent deafness to criticism.

"The ending sucks!" - "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT!"
"Dragon Age II sucked!" - "IT'S THE GAME WE WANTED TO MAKE!"
"We want more RPG elements!" - "OKAY, HERE'S MORE WEAPONS."

sophora

been getting matches with crazy crazy lag lately too, I think I have about 300k saved up for the DLC this week. You guys think they'll do DLC packs on the store this week or next?

X-Frame

Probably next week when the DLC launches. Last time it was a week late but only because they had issues with the Resurgence Pack.

Gui_PT

Please oh please oh please someone on the 360 come play with me

I've been trying to get a decent match for at least 30 minutes. People either stay on the lobby for 5 minutes or they die in the 3rd wave!!

Mindlog

For some reason I keep dying on the first wave (still finish with the top score if that means anything.) I blame Jumbo Equipment packs.

Bumped the difficulty down to Silver to get into a non White match and did something I never saw coming. I got a killstreak with 1 tech armor detonation. Scratch that off the list.

Weird, I have a neat experience with tech armor detonation and the this shows up.
Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer - Gold/Geth/Glacier beaten with only Tech Armor bursts

Guess I got lucky. First game on Silver vs. Cerberus and not a single Banshee to be found. Second game vs. Reapers and there weren't even that many Banshees.

Also, the Valiant is awesome. Fires so much faster than the Mantis. I do miss the damage of the Mantis though.

Nori Chan

my vanguard was on lvl 19 in the middle of a silver match and i got the glitch and i was the only one alive and i was falling for ages :\

i got the 3 promotions doe

Guess I got lucky. First game on Silver vs. Cerberus and not a single Banshee to be found. Second game vs. Reapers and there weren't even that many Banshees.

Also, the Valiant is awesome. Fires so much faster than the Mantis. I do miss the damage of the Mantis though.

Dps is less from the valiant but Damage per clip/3 second/10 seconds whatever is way higher.

Valiant is god like.

Valiant X would feel like shooting a reaper weapons through butter

Top Bottom