• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Dreamer RD

Rebellion-Pack-Wallpaper-Goddess.jpg

Awesome. Too bad I wasted all credits on pspacks. Gonna farm now with motivation.

The new Rebellion stuff sounds great. 4.2 million credits ready to burn.

klark.jpg

I'm fucking bad at this game tonight. Seriously, I keep getting my ass whupped on Silver. Not even my Biotic God can save me, fuckers keep evading my singularity.

Sai

Wow, somebody called those Phoenix guys being Cerberus defectors. Nice.

The new Turian Sniper sounds great. And I'm actually kind of looking foward to trying out the Vorcha.

Gonna have to do a lot of credit farming this weekend...

DreamMessiah

Neo Member
I'm fucking bad at this game tonight. Seriously, I keep getting my ass whupped on Silver. Not even my Biotic God can save me, fuckers keep evading my singularity.

The same thing happened to me last night. One FE out of 4 games on silver. It's especially hard when the wife is trying to get your attention... lol

BTW... Hello everyone!

Veezy

que?

Look at that motherfucker. Just, look at him. Vorcha don't give a give a single fuck.

So, I have a pretty rocking gaming PC, is it worth it to double dip and get ME3 for the PC if I already have it for PS3 to play the online more? I.E., is the support better between the two platforms, etc.

Mindlog

The same thing happened to me last night. One FE out of 4 games on silver. It's especially hard when the wife is trying to get your attention... lol

BTW... Hello everyone!
Yeah, if anyone wants your attention for the 20-30 minutes a map takes it can become a problem.

These days I play Gold as aggressively as I do Silver. I take lots of stupid risks thanks to Jumbo Equipment Packs.

The new wave objective (artifact recovery) and mod slot (permanent passives) have been confirmed by Bioware.

DreamMessiah

Neo Member
Silver definitely has less teamwork and strategy than Gold.

There's a pont where you think they're a piece of cake, but they can get messy because of the lack of teamwork.

I realized I was running around, throwing cluster grenades at everyone's faces, detonating here and there (drell adept) and nothing more. It was fun (it really was) but I wasn't helping my team at all. And the outcome was: 1 out of 4 missions completed.

Cat Party

There's a pont where you think they're a piece of cake, but they can get messy because of the lack of teamwork.

I realized I was running around, throwing cluster grenades at everyone's faces, detonating here and there (drell adept) and nothing more. It was fun (it really was) but I wasn't helping my team at all. And the outcome was: 1 out of 4 missions completed.

Yup, people like hang out in the open on Silver, as though they are untouchable. Geth Hunters, Phantoms, and Ravagers respond with "NOOOOPE."

I got the 'Hack the server' objective on round 10 on the reactor map. The server opened up in the middle of the reactor room. Needless to say, the endless wave of Banshees and Brutes pretty much prohibited us from getting even close.

DreamMessiah

Neo Member
My next prediction: Protheans as playable teammates coming out in the same DLC as Collectors for enemies.

I hope you're some kind of Nostradamus descendant, really.

Even if it doesn't make much sense in the story.

They could say The Alliance discovered 200,000 Protheans buried in some planet and they are ready to fight after a 50,000 years sabbatical.

Is that so hard to believe??

DreamMessiah

Neo Member
I got the 'Hack the server' objective on round 10 on the reactor map. The server opened up in the middle of the reactor room. Needless to say, the endless wave of Banshees and Brutes pretty much prohibited us from getting even close.

If there's something I pray for after wave 9 it is not to get a hacking objective at wave 10! Especially against reapers.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just did the Reactor map on Silver, i was a Geth Infiltrator with a shotgun and another player had a Quarian Infiltrator also with a shotgun... Both of us got over 70k points in the end while the other 2 players were below 12k.

Infiltrators with shotguns are nasty!

X-Frame

I hope you're some kind of Nostradamus descendant, really.

Even if it doesn't make much sense in the story.

They could say The Alliance discovered 200,000 Protheans buried in some planet and they are ready to fight after a 50,000 thousand years sabbatical.

Is that so hard to believe??

Yeah, they will have to stretch the lore a bit but I am okay with that. Mercenaries and Collectors should be so easy to put in as enemies.

Sort of disapoint to see that Phoenix are Cerberus defectors and not Protheans.

But in the same time I can't wait to try out new adepts with new powers

Reece

I've got a level 15 sentinel that I want to level up to 20 for this weekends event. Does anybody have any tips on some fun characters/specs to play with in that class? I think I have them all unlocked but I've just never played as a sentinel before.

Replicant

Well, well, well. I kinda lost interest in the game these past few days. But with this new sausage-fest DLC announcement, I'll make sure to farm Gold like no farmer has ever farmed before.

In addition to having Collectors and Protheans, I'd quite like the mercenary groups from Mass Effect 2: Blood Pack, Blue Suns and Eclipse. That would be a good excuse for fighting allied races like Krogan, Vorcha, Asari, Salarians, Batarians and Turians. I don't care about the excuse for having them in the game and against you. I just want some more variety in enemies.

The new wave objective (artifact recovery) and mod slot (permanent passives) have been confirmed by Bioware.

So what exactly are these?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finally I can upgrade Batarian Captain Falcon with Vorcha.

Cat Party

In addition to having Collectors and Protheans, I'd quite like the mercenary groups from Mass Effect 2: Blood Pack, Blue Suns and Eclipse. That would be a good excuse for fighting allied races like Krogan, Vorcha, Asari, Salarians, Batarians and Turians. I don't care about the excuse for having them in the game and against you. I just want some more variety in enemies.

That won't happen. There's a mission in ME3 where Shepard enlists them to fight with the Alliance. MP may bend some things from the campaign, but I don't see them doing that. Would make more sense if they had a new Merc clan working for Cerberus or something, not one of the old ones.

Samara

Wow, I just beat a gold map as a female human engineer. We were fighting geths, and holy shit: I came in second place with 78.000 points. Linking overload to another geth just destroyed them, and the geth prime is a complete idiot when you launch a orb next to him.

just feels good man

That won't happen. There's a mission in ME3 where Shepard enlists them to fight with the Alliance. MP may bend some things from the campaign, but I don't see them doing that. Would make more sense if they had a new Merc clan working for Cerberus or something, not one of the old ones.

You can choose to enrole the Geth in SP and it never stopped us to slay legion of Geths in MP.

Cat Party

You can choose to enrole the Geth in SP and it never stopped us to slay legion of Geths in MP.

They went out of their way to cover that, with some business about not all geth being free from Reaper control. Also, you are supposed to imagine you are in the midst of the battle with the MP, so the geth allegiance maybe hasn't been made yet. But at no point were the Merc clans ever fighting along side Cerberus. They avoid all that if they just say some new merc clan is here fighting with Cerberus. It's an easy out for them.

Anyone know what time the challenge goes live?

Welcome to the next N7 Weekend Operation, Operation SHIELDWALL, beginning this Friday, May 25 at 6:00PM PT until Sunday, May 27 at 5:00PM PT, on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. Please remember to set the “Upload Gameplay Feedback” setting to “On” in the online options to be able to participate in this N7 Operation.

6:00PM PST, 9:00PM EST, 8:00PM CST, 7:00PM(?) MST

Mindlog

*searches Random/Random/Gold - White/Geth/Gold - sigh - exit lobby
*searches Random/Random/Gold - waiting - loading flicker (will join game in progress)

I sighed again figuring I would join a White/Geth/Gold game. I end up in Wave 1 of Reactor/Cerberus/Gold and by the end of the wave another player left. It's my Human Claymore Infiltrator partnered with a Krogan Sentinel and Human Engineer. Mission complete - Full Extraction.

I also played one map of Glacier/Reaper/Gold. The team included an N7 37. That poor player got knocked around real good, but never stopped trying and generously used their two rockets. Mission complete - Partial Extraction. Geth Shotty Infiltrator took a Banshee warp to the dome and died right before extraction.

Two tries - two completions. I'm giving up trying to figure out random players by loadout. Gold is just weird sometimes. If you use your rockets when we desperately need them you're OK in my book.

Sai

Somebody thought Reaper/Gold/Glacier would be a good idea. By the time I noticed, it was too late to back out...

Eventually, two guys quit—including the party leader. Got up to wave 7 at least.

Cat Party

I landed in a lobby the other day that was set for Reapers Gold Condor. Is there a trick to that? I can't understand why anyone would choose that set up. Needless to say, I backed out immediately.

Tsukumo

*searches Random/Random/Gold - waiting - loading flicker (will join game in progress)

I'm getting a lot of Hydra base with salarian infiltrators teams. 360 here. People bug out of the map and snipe the entire wave. First time this happened to me I couldn't even figure out where the hell did they placed themselves. 50 plus minutes to get this thing done.
To tell you the truth, I had a lot of WGG where some "i'm the coolest" vanguard/infiltrator would try to play recklessly to show how much they "dominate", enough to upset the usual flow. There is always that guy who makes a mess so the map usually turns...interesting ^_^

Two tries - two completions. I'm giving up trying to figure out random players by loadout.

To me it's a matter of team-play. I'm not sure everyone playing this game understands xp and money get split evenly between all players. I was throwing warp at everything and turning each vanguard attack into a biotic explosion, until he probably felt robbed of his precious points and started wreaking havoc on another side of the map.
Sure enough we all died next wave.

Gold is just weird sometimes. If you use your rockets when we desperately need them you're OK in my book.

I feel the same way. Actually I always use a rocket every mission-objective related wave. Doesn't matter the reason, just for good sport.
The "slickest" I've seen was a group of german guys who would self immolate one of their own on a bunch of reapers so that the teammates could spam rocket launchers on banshees. Of course, at first they tried to have me doing it...
NEIN! NEIN! NEIN!

I sighed again figuring I would join a White/Geth/Gold game. I end up in Wave 1 of Reactor/Cerberus/Gold and by the end of the wave another player left. It's my Human Claymore Infiltrator partnered with a Krogan Sentinel and Human Engineer. Mission complete - Full Extraction.

I also played one map of Glacier/Reaper/Gold. The team included an N7 37. That poor player got knocked around real good, but never stopped trying and generously used their two rockets. Mission complete - Partial Extraction. Geth Shotty Infiltrator took a Banshee warp to the dome and died right before extraction.

Two tries - two completions. I'm giving up trying to figure out random players by loadout. Gold is just weird sometimes. If you use your rockets when we desperately need them you're OK in my book.

This is how it goes. WGG is home of bad players getting easy points.

Replicant

Yea, just had a couple of Banshees come in while doing Cerberus on Silver. I assumed that it was just going to be extra Banshees when fighting the Reapers.

Fuck, that was insane but we managed to make it out with Full Extraction. Not just one Banshee though. Starting from wave 7, they came out in pairing. At one point it was so ridiculous because there were 3 Primes and 2 Banshees all at once. Ugh.

Mindlog

In an inebriated state I was asked to demonstrate White-Geth-Gold farming. The Banshee was a fun diversion*, but more importantly I was happy to see the 3rd Prime finally show up. I cobra'd them just because (I always missile when I believe damage sponges exceed team damage output.)

After that I let them go to town on my account. If they keep playing at this rate I'll top 5 million before the DLC :D

Top Bottom