• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

rozay

Banned
People are going into platinum games with Strikers then quitting on wave 1 when nothing happens. Fucking hilarious. This means no more free money and nobody to snitch on though :(

Xevren

The folks trying to make out the Destroyer's Missile Launcher to be more than it is in this BSN thread is kind of both hilarious, and sad.

Not gonna lie, when I saw the ability list I had good hopes for an active ability for it. Instead we just get some shitty passive that kills your shields and is awesome at hitting walls. Just terrible.

Cat Party

Dudes, enough with the Krysae nerfing! I don't like how they give us awesome new guns to deal with the more difficult things they throw at us, and then they nerf the new guns because they are better than the old guns.

Sai

Not gonna lie, when I saw the ability list I had good hopes for an active ability for it. Instead we just get some shitty passive that kills your shields and is awesome at hitting walls. Just terrible.
Absolutely. I WANT to like it, but the trade-off simply isn't worth it.

If it could just hit the enemies you've targeted more consistently... Firing off more like a Concussive Shot would be a huge step in the right direction.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dudes, enough with the Krysae nerfing! I don't like how they give us awesome new guns to deal with the more difficult things they throw at us, and then they nerf the new guns because they are better than the old guns.

I think its nice to have a little variety in what guns people use. Otherwise you have everyone using the same one. Once more people will have the Piranha at X, its gonna be that way. :lol Maybe they would have left the Krysae alone if it was an ultra-rare.

Cat Party

I think its nice to have a little variety in what guns people use. Otherwise you have everyone using the same one. Once more people will have the Piranha at X, its gonna be that way. :lol Maybe they would have left the Krysae alone if it was an ultra-rare.

Why don't they make the other guns better? I can do GGW with my eyes closed but otherwise Gold is still hard for me. The fact that they keep making the enemies more difficult while making the weapons worse is frustrating.

Xevren

I have a bad feeling that the Piranha is going to get hit hard, I still can't believe it got buffed last week. This gun is a fucking monster.

rozay

Banned
Seems like those missing mods weren't cut permanently, and will be included in a future patch.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, just noticed it.
I'm pretty sure his post is just a lie as the mods were present at Comic-Con and appeared to be working fine, they probably just want to space out the release of gold items/hold them for the next content drop.

exYle

Because Fury is the only adept who gain melee bonuses so I tried to use her melee branch but is too risky in gold.

You really shouldn't be using her heavy melee (unless you're using it to teleport forwards!). If you're in a real grind, spam her light melee, which has the same damage reduction as the Slayer's light melee (which is to say, nigh invincible). If you're speccing heavy into Fitness, go with Health and Shield bonuses cause lil miss N7 is super squishy.

Cat Party

I'm pretty sure his post is just a lie as the mods were present at Comic-Con and appeared to be working fine, they probably just want to space out the release of gold items/hold them for the next content drop.

They've released plenty of stuff that appeared to work but didn't. I don't see why you'd be suspicious that they simply caught it this time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why don't they make the other guns better? I can do GGW with my eyes closed but otherwise Gold is still hard for me. The fact that they keep making the enemies more difficult while making the weapons worse is frustrating.

Good old Claymore and Carnifex are still pretty good at least. SMGs other than the Hurricane, which you have like 25% chance of getting once every 2 or 3 weeks lol, are pretty bad though i admit. They should buff their damage. Assault rifles other than the Harrier are almost in the same position, but not as bad thankfully...

Cat Party

Good old Claymore and Carnifex are still pretty good at least. SMGs other than the Hurricane, which you have like 25% chance of getting once every 2 or 3 weeks lol, are pretty bad though i admit. They should buff their damage. Assault rifles other than the Harrier are almost in the same position, but not as bad thankfully...

I've resigned myself to the reality that I will not get a Hurricane until I get my Eagle up to X. Half way there!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

The Krysae was OP as fuck

X-Frame

I have a bad feeling that the Piranha is going to get hit hard, I still can't believe it got buffed last week. This gun is a fucking monster.

Exactly what I said. It chews through bosses on Platinum, and with AP ammo and mods it takes down bosses in no time flat. I still don't have a Destroyer yet and I'm assuming it is even better.

I may try the Turian Soldier with it, or ReSpec the GI's Hunter Mode to take advantage of it but I also have a feeling it'll be nerfed very soon.

Mindlog

Krysae was my ace in the whole, 'I need to kill this Phantom' gun. Now I'm honestly taking an Acolyte to deal with stray Phantoms.

I haven't used a single shot sniper rifle seriously in a very long time. I've used the Indra because it's neat and the Valiant/BW got occasional use when I had the random urge to slowly pop heads. I use sniper rifles less than SMGs these days.

Black Widow VII - damnit
Wraith VI - GODDAMNIT

Amazing game of Platinum last night. I joined a game in progress with my QMI, but only Grenade Gear. Everyone is scattered all over the map. There's some idiot trying and failing to missile glitch. He leaves the game and somehow all the stragglers finish out the round and we meet up. It's my QMI (piranha/krysae X), a Fury (piranha III/acolyte), a Krogan Vanguard (Crusader ?) and a Salarian Engineer joins (Vindicator VII.) Full extraction. Blew my mind.

you weren't doing it right at all lol

krysae on a geth infiltrator was no contest the highest DPS class in the game before today (video featuring our own gaffer major williams!). with the nerf, the honor is probably going to go to the claymore, reegar or piranha. sniper rifles just can't compete in terms of damage anymore

This was actually after the Krysae Nerf, but before the Cloak nerf. DPS was awesome.

Now we are going to start trying Platinum Speed runs. I am hoping we can hit below ten minutes, but we will see. Running with 3 Geth Infiltrators stacking mines is hilariously easy, especially with the Piranha and the damage spread. Fastest time has been 12 minutes wiping on wave 10 - and that's not using all possible rockets. I think I only use 2 per game.

rozay

Banned
This was actually after the Krysae Nerf, but before the Cloak nerf. DPS was awesome.

Now we are going to start trying Platinum Speed runs. I am hoping we can hit below ten minutes, but we will see. Running with 3 Geth Infiltrators stacking mines is hilariously easy, especially with the Piranha and the damage spread.
You realize that's a surefire way to get the piranha nerfed, right? :p

I don't think a lot of people really understand how to use it and put it to the side after seeing how wide the spread is.

You realize that's a surefire way to get the piranha nerfed, right? :p

I don't think a lot of people really understand how to use it and put it to the side after seeing how wide the spread is.

That's why we're not posting videos any more lol. Just trying for our own giggles. We realize that posting videos will lead to more nerfs on any of the following:
- stacking 20% damage on mines
- Piranha damage
- Hunter mode speed/damage buff

They already hated what we were using before so we are NOT going that route again haha.

However, 12 minute platinum runs netting 137500 credits is nice. It's faster than when I have to go random and we have a missile glitcher (which runs typically at 20 minutes).

Oh wow, I didn't see the nerfs.

They are ALL nerfs... wtf. Except xp for character cards (big whoop).

I can't stand when they only nerf. It is mildly upsetting. I never use the Krysae, so no harm, no foul, but the stomping? Just not cool IMO. It was lame in the first place, I feel like they are just putting it in so that people will use more Medi-gel (the least awarded gear anyways).

Greed never looks good on anyone.

rozay

Banned
Oh wow, I didn't see the nerfs.

They are ALL nerfs... wtf. Except xp for character cards (big whoop).

I can't stand when they only nerf. It is mildly upsetting. I never use the Krysae, so no harm, no foul, but the stomping? Just not cool IMO. It was lame in the first place, I feel like they are just putting it in so that people will use more Medi-gel (the least awarded gear anyways).

Greed never looks good on anyone.
I would actually say the missile launcher charge up time being removed is a good thing-there have been plenty of sticky situations where I got fucked over by the launcher requiring a second or two before firing. At least the Typhoon can still penetrate Guardian shields.

I would actually say the missile launcher charge up time being removed is a good thing-there have been plenty of sticky situations where I got fucked over by the launcher requiring a second or two before firing. At least the Typhoon can still penetrate Guardian shields.

Or shoot you and the missile goes in another direction lol.

EDarkness

The game has been running like crap since the most recent update. I've had a bunch of game crashes in the middle of a match, and have had some extremely crazy issues where the game supposedly stopped, yet I can move around and the waves are continuing as normal. I die to something and get revived by something and die again. It's crazy. It wasn't doing this before the last DLC was released. There would be some lag and the occasional disconnect, but never strange issues like I have now.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I laughed when I read that missile launcher fix today, laughed thinking about all those garbage people affected by it that won't be able to get any credits now.

On the plus side, missiles firing that fast is much, much better for emergency situations.

The only thing I hated about the changes was reducing the piercing for the Typhoon, seeing as it's an Ultra Rare that weighs a ton - come on now.

Woorloog

Banned
FFS, another Fury card... It is a nice class but not my style so don't really care about its customization.
On the other hand, i finally obtained Batarian Sentinel. I still Quarian Engineer, Krogan Soldier, Geth Infiltrator, Batarian Soldier, Project Phoenix Vanguard, N7 Destroyer and N7 Shadow.
No luck with weapons, need Revenant and/or Typhoon.

Gui_PT

Well this sucks. I got almost all the rare items, so now whenever I buy a pack, instead of getting Ultra Rares, I get character training cards =\

Woorloog

Banned
Soloing Platinum with a destroyer (shows off how truly amazing a typhoon is, though it is level X :p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCeKBQF0Gms

vv6Gs.gif

Soloed platinum.
wat.

Sure, as he mentions in his comments, it took some hours to learn how to do it but still...

If Destroyer can solo Platinum, then soloing Gold shouldn't be much of an issue with it and suitable equipment?

X-Frame

Two games in a row with someone getting the invisible yet frozen Geth Hunter but. Can't kill him, had to quit. Very frustrating.

Xevren

Two games in a row with someone getting the invisible yet frozen Geth Hunter but. Can't kill him, had to quit. Very frustrating.

I've had that problem quite a few times and not just with hunters lately. A lot of glitches have been popping up for me. On the shadow I get the perma near death screen which is awful. Sometimes nearly all the game sound effects will just be mute for a game or two as well...really annoying.

Finally played as all the new classes, gotta say I really enjoy playing them all. Really surprised how much I like the Paladin.

X-Frame

I've had that problem quite a few times and not just with hunters lately. A lot of glitches have been popping up for me. On the shadow I get the perma near death screen which is awful. Sometimes nearly all the game sound effects will just be mute for a game or two as well...really annoying.

Finally played as all the new classes, gotta say I really enjoy playing them all. Really surprised how much I like the Paladin.

I like the Paladin a lot, but right after I spec'd him I found out that the Armor Boost evolution for Energy Drain does not work unless you are the host. And I rarely am, so now I have to use a respec card to fix that.

exYle

yes i was. i pointed the gun at the husk and shot him. it exploded after 3 shots.

The Krysae sometimes fails to register hits off-host, which is incredibly annoying. It also makes the nerf that much more crippling.

I just got a Demolisher. I have named her Boomstick. All you can eat grenade buffet, bitches!

Xevren

So what builds have people been using for the Demolisher here? I always tend to go for some fitness so I'm kind of juggling on what I want to do. Thinking of going 6/6/6/4/4. Really like it, just makes me wish I had more upgrades to my Grenade Capacity gear.

exYle

So what builds have people been using for the Demolisher here? I always tend to go for some fitness so I'm kind of juggling on what I want to do. Thinking of going 6/6/6/4/4. Really like it, just makes me wish I had more upgrades to my Grenade Capacity gear.

6/6/6/6/0

But you're literally paper-thin

Top Bottom