• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

You know what's fun? 3 people being forced into Round 2 of a Gold Reaper match (myself included), none of which have mics or anything, and succeeding with a full extraction. No better feeling.

EDarkness

I got the Demolisher a couple of days ago and, man, that class is rockin'. I'm thinking it's going to be my main once I settle in to a spec. I still haven't unlocked the other classes yet to really decide, but it's looking like this is where my home will be. Had some good runs today, too.

I got the Demolisher a couple of days ago and, man, that class is rockin'. I'm thinking it's going to be my main once I settle in to a spec. I still haven't unlocked the other classes yet to really decide, but it's looking like this is where my home will be. Had some good runs today, too.
damn u. its the one class that will finally replace my asari adept as my maine. spent 1.5million + and still havent unlocked it...

the class has so much potential. im gonna load mine out with a black widow and harrier.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Didn't play in nearly a week, meaning I only played the first two days since the DLC hit.

Spent about 1.5 mil then and got jack except for the Destroyer, which was second of my list of wants, and the Piranha (nice secondary) and the Acolyte.

All I wanted was a Shadow and a Typhoon, nothing else.

Finished two Platinum matches today, bought two PSP's and what do I get?

First package: N7 Typhoon
Second package: N7 Shadow

Do I feel great?

You better believe I do. I honestly don't want anything else right now, except upgrades to those weapons.

Edit: Third package got me an N7 Shadow again - I can even customize her up a little too.

Mindlog

I've been most effective when playing the Demolisher as a caster. My Platinum glass cannon Demolisher uses an Acolyte X with Ultralight Pistol Materials. Spamming Supply Pylon keeps those grenades flying.

Sadly, that also makes Demolishers a little too dependent on hard to get Gear. The higher your Grenade Capacity Gear the more fun the class becomes. I guess before your Gear gets high enough the pylon at least works as a belt feed.

Also the Demo... First package: N7 Typhoon
serenity now!
7mU34.jpg
Getting the Typhoon and Destroyer together is some crazy good luck.

ps Piranha has range.

Geez. What was his exact build, do you know?
The build is in the video.
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#54RPAPRS9@0AEFC

I guess people really are buying Bioware points to get the DLC faster. We should thank them for DLC continuing to be free.

I worry that they'll start charging for cooperative missions though.

and todays psp nets me.....a geth engineer! great! like I dont already have this on level 20! fuck sake! this and now a hornet 7!

these psps really are shit to me.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
For you guys playing, I just did some looking around, and saw that it was found with proof that the final evolution for Sword Mastery for the Shadow does not work for Shadow Strike, only for regular melee:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/13269665/3#13271109

So if you use it a lot, forget about wasting that last point for the Shield or Armor Damage, and put it into the passive tree.

Seriously? Another class with something broken in their tree? How many do we have now? Justicar, Krogan Vanguard, Shadow, what else?

Bisnic

Uh, what things exactly are broken for those classes? Need to know.

For the Justicar, there is one skill where you can either improved power damage or headshot damage. The improved power damage do not work so you're forced to choose headshot.

For the Krogan Vanguard, his skills that improve melee damage in the Rage tree do not work. Not that it really matter to me since i chose the health/shield ones for the perfect tank build.

For the Justicar, their is one skill where you can either improved power damage or headshot damage. The improved power damage do not work so you're forced to choose headshot.

For the Krogan Vanguard, his skills that improve melee damage in the Rage tree do not work. Not that it really matter to me since i chose the health/shield ones for the perfect tank build.
thats ridiculous, how can these.not have been fixed by now?

Bisnic

thats ridiculous, how can these.not have been fixed by now?

Don't ask me, but i think i heard that they try to fix as many things as possible before releasing a patch because of how expensive it is to release just one patch on consoles. And since there is a lot of things that need to be fix in this game... well, i hope its the real reason, becaus its the only one even acceptable.

How come the Vanguard charge glitch ain't fixed yet, it's been in the game since the demo...

They said in the last patch that they fixed it, but apparently they didnt bother testing that fix. :lol

Woorloog

Banned
They said in the last patch that they fixed it, but apparently they didnt bother testing that fix. :lol

I guess they fixed one possible cause (were there multiple ways to trigger the glitch?) for it but not the death+charge one.

Also, it looks like N7 Destroyer's Missile Launcher needs a big buff. No one is really using it and looking at it stats, it is bad. 150 base damage, with 50% shield penalty? Right...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The Typhoon is BOSS with the Destroyer - I am happy with it, it's complete except for leveling up the Piranha, since it's still level 1, but I only use it as backup anyways.

Shadow is a bit squishy, and gotta get used to the combos, but the trick with de-cloaking before using Electric slash to make recharge time only a second long is very nice.

Also, it looks like N7 Destroyer's Missile Launcher needs a big buff. No one is really using it and looking at it stats, it is bad. 150 base damage, with 50% shield penalty? Right...

Yeah seriously - the bad more than outweigh the good by way too much.

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah seriously - the bad more than outweigh the good by way too much.

I really want Destroyer and spec for the missile launcher, shoulder-mounted missile launchers are just plain cool.

Of course since RNG is once again screwing with me, BW will probably put out a balance patch before i can get Destroyer.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I really want Destroyer and spec for the missile launcher, shoulder-mounted missile launchers are just plain cool.

Of course since RNG is once again screwing with me, BW will probably put out a balance patch before i can get Destroyer.

In theory it's a great power to have since it's a free stun to whatever you're looking at, but I've read from too many people about how it goes off into walls way too often, plus it's automatic, so you can't control when it should fire and stun people. It needs a lot of improvements to be worthy of half your shields being cut.

X-Frame

If BW really wanted too they could release several more character packs and probably keep getting a lot of money from each one. All the races have their own specialized forces like STG and Asari Commandos that we could have a lot more if they wanted.

Cat Party

If BW really wanted too they could release several more character packs and probably keep getting a lot of money from each one. All the races have their own specialized forces like STG and Asari Commandos that we could have a lot more if they wanted.

If they wanted to make my money, they'd sell me a typhoon ;)

I'd imagine that now the Extended Cut has been released, if we do get more multiplayer DLC it'll be packed with single player DLC. A lot of people wanted to go take Omega back with Aria right? Turn that mission into a single player DLC, but also include free multiplayer DLC to help promote it with Omega maps and 2 characters from the 3 main merc groups (Blood Pack/Eclipse/Blue Suns). While they're at it, they should include a commendation pack of sorts for buying the single player DLC that will unlock one random new character or something. They get money from both fronts, and we still get more content. Everybody wins.

I have no idea how this would work with the Leviathan though.

exYle

I'd imagine that now the Extended Cut has been released, if we do get more multiplayer DLC it'll be packed with single player DLC. A lot of people wanted to go take Omega back with Aria right? Turn that mission into a single player DLC, but also include free multiplayer DLC to help promote it with Omega maps and 2 characters from the 3 main merc groups (Blood Pack/Eclipse/Blue Suns). While they're at it, they should include a commendation pack of sorts for buying the single player DLC that will unlock one random new character or something. They get money from both fronts, and we still get more content. Everybody wins.

I have no idea how this would work with the Leviathan though.

This is how I think they should bundle SP and MP DLC in the future:

MP DLC continues as it is: free maps, characters, gear, etc.
SP DLC will obviously have a paid SP section, but I think they should bundle the SP DLC with a MASSIVE MP complement: new enemy faction, or the rumoured different mission type (MMO raid or co-op objective mode).

The SP and MP DLC packs should release simultaneously. By only making the massive MP changes paid for, you significantly reduce playerbase splitting because it's easy to pair up people who aren't fighting the new enemies or doing the new missions, but if a player can't join a lobby because one player is using a character or weapon that is incompatible, then it makes joining games a huge grief for everybody.

Alternatively, they could release free compatability packs for characters and weapons but lock the DLC for those who paid, but that'd be a huge dick move.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Bought three packages some hours ago and got the N7 Fury, Black Widow III, Carnifex VII and Claymore IX, not too shabby especially since I don't really care about what I get now anymore since I have what I want now.

Played about six Gold matches since I got the Typhoon, and the talks were true - it's even more accurate than the Harrier, and it's fully automatic too, also with no need for a stability mod. I can take down boss characters solo in no time, with no mods. Incredible. Crowds just get eaten up, and you can hold down the trigger and get constant headshot damage the whole time you spray, getting the gold headshot medal in no time.

I'm still keeping the Harrier II for my Geth Infiltrator, but as it stands right now, I haven't even touched my GI since I got the Typhoon for the Destroyer - I can take much more and be more mobile for when the random members are lacking with it than the GI, where I get downed in three or so hits, and my cloak doesn't last nearly as long to save anyone.

Bisnic

Unlocked the N7 Destroyer... still as boring to play as the other soldier races. Makes me glad that this game isnt a simple 3rd person shooter and that there is more choices that makes you use other stuff than your guns.

I need to play the Shadow class more, being a Phantom clone feels good.

Bisnic

What? Destroyer is so much fun. Who needs cover? You're basically a one man army.

I did a Gold run with him yesterday and no... you have to take cover as much as any other classes. :p Without the tech, biotic or cloak fun. So he sucks for me, like all the other soldiers.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I did a Gold run with him yesterday and no... you have to take cover as much as any other classes. :p Without the tech, biotic or cloak fun. So he sucks for me, like all the other soldiers.

maybe you're doing it wrong.

you don't need cover because everything immediately in front of you dies in fiery anguish. rate of fire +30%, damage + 30% in devastator mode with the 25% bonus from n7 training passive tree? nothing directly in front of you can kill you

up devastator mode, never put a point in missile launcher, rush a spawn with a piranha/AP+damage and your multi-frags specced for damage/force and spread - and leave the spot with two killstreaks like a boss

my teammates don't even run from banshees anymore because i can kill one before they even get through the punch animation

Bisnic

maybe you're doing it wrong.

you don't need cover because everything immediately in front of you dies in fiery anguish. rate of fire +30%, damage + 30% in devastator mode with the 25% bonus from n7 training passive tree? nothing directly in front of you can kill you

up devastator mode, never put a point in missile launcher, rush a spawn with a piranha/AP+damage and your multi-frags specced for damage/force and spread - and leave the spot with two killstreaks like a boss

my teammates don't even run from banshees anymore because i can kill one before they even get through the punch animation

If 3 Geth rocket troopers + 2 Geth Primes (throw some invisible Geth who managed to sneak behind you while were at it) shoots at you from a distance at the same time and you're not taking cover, you wont stay alive, no matter how strong you are. :p

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If 3 Geth rocket troopers + 2 Geth Primes (throw some invisible Geth who managed to sneak behind you while were at it) shoots at you from a distance at the same time and you're not taking cover, you wont stay alive, no matter how strong you are. :p

You gotta work pretty hard to not notice 2 primes behind you lolz

Bisnic

You gotta work pretty hard to not notice 2 primes behind you lolz

Did i say behind? :p If you got 2 Geth Primes shooting 6 rockets in a row right in your face and they're not in range for your Piranha X or whatever, and that's without the other Geths around, if you dont take cover, you wont survive. Only Krogan Vanguards can really do that with 1800 health and shield, Barrier damage reduction and Biotic Charge getting your shield back to 100%.

Sai

How did you spec your Destroyer, Bisnic?

I do agree that you can't just run 'n gun, and do without cover, even if you spec it's Fitness and Devastator Mode trees for defense. But I find the Destroyer to be incredibly—uh... destructive(>_>) with the appropiate weapons. As long as you stay keen on where the enemies are coming from, you can mow down mobs of 'em in no time.

Bisnic

How did you spec your Destroyer, Bisnic?

I do agree that you can't just run 'n gun, and do without cover, even if you spec it's Fitness and Devastator Mode trees for defense. But I find the Destroyer to be incredibly—uh... destructive(>_>) with the appropiate weapons. As long as you stay keen on where the enemies are coming from, you can mow down mobs of 'em in no time.

I dont touch the Missile skill since i heard its pretty bad, maxed everything for weapon, grenade damage and health/shield. Sure he kills stuff very fast, but you have to be careful and watch your surrounding for rockets and other stuff if you dont want to be dead while you're busy being a killing machine. :p That's the whole point of me arguing since the beginning lol, they're strong but just not invincible and need to take cover like everyone else.

I only played him once, and it was on Geth Gold White with the usual camping on the lower floor(but outside rather than inside)... and i had to take cover every once in a while for my shield to regen because it only took 2 or 3 rockets to bring it to 0.

Oh my god. N7 Fury.
I can still hear Biotic Explosions ringing.

How do you use her? I tried but I wont see me using her in gold runs. Her melee is very weak and her biotic combos are not that powerfull than the asari or drell adepts and I have problems using her teleports.

I dont touch the Missile skill since i heard its pretty bad, maxed everything for weapon, grenade damage and health/shield. Sure it kills stuff very fast, but you have to be careful and watch your surrounding for rockets and other stuff if you dont want to be dead while you're busy being a killing machine. :p

I only played him once, and it was on Geth Gold White with the usual camping on the lower floor(but outside rather than inside)... and i had to take cover every once in a while for my shield to regen because it only took 2 or 3 rockets to bring it to 0.

Yeah, I have the same problem and yes, dont touch the missiles it only stunts the enemies but dont do some serious damage.

Xevren

Balance changes!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 24, 2012
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krysae Sniper Rifle
- Damage decreased from [476.0-595.0] to [429.0-548.0]
- Rate of fire decreased from [50] to [35]
- Recoil Increased from [5.0] to [10.0]
- Zoom Recoil Increased from [3.0] to [5.0]
- Total ammo dropped from [9-21] to [9-18]

N7 Typhoon
- Distance Penetration decreased from 100cm to 25cm

Cobra Missile Launcher
- Rate of fire decreased from 140 to 50
- Charge up behavior disabled to fix rocket glitch

- Fix for some uncommon gear not showing up in Spectre + Spectre Premium packs
- Increased XP bonus for common characters in Spectre + Spectre Premium from 62.5k to 250k XP
- Enemies in Gold and Platinum will stomp downed players now

Typhoon nerf, boooo. Glad Piranha hasn't been touched, at least yet anyway. Missile Launcher firing instantly is kinda neat.

Bisnic

I never saw that Missile launcher glitch, guess it wasn't possible on PC, but glad it is now fixed and at the same time no more need to charge it! Sucks that they nerfed the Krysae, but it was expected.

Speaking of the Destroyer, what's the best long range weapon to use with him? Piranha is obviously best at close range but what about long range? I suppose an assault rifle would be best for the improved rate of fire that Destroyers have + the gear that improves assault rifle damage and grenade capacity, but which one? Revenant has terrible accuracy, Striker maybe?

exYle

How do you use her? I tried but I wont see me using her in gold runs. Her melee is very weak and her biotic combos are not that powerfull than the asari or drell adepts and I have problems using her teleports.

Annihilation Field. It sets up biotic explosions for anyone within the vicinity, and Throw is the best Detonator power in the game. If an enemy hasn't died from one explosion, all you have to do is walk back and walk forward back into the Annihilation Field's radius. The sheer amount of BEs you can set up offsets the slightly weaker combo (as neither Dark Channel or AF have skill paths that allow for stronger BEs, so you have to take the Throw rank 5 evolution).
Distant, powerful enemies can be set up with Dark Channel instead. The best thing about DC is, if the enemy dies and DC is still in effect, it will jump to another enemy, priming ANOTHER biotic explosions.

...why are you using melee attacks on an adept, anyway?

Sai

Man, stop nerfin' the Krysae. :(

They're talking about the cover penetration for the Typhoon, right?

Speaking of the Destroyer, what's the best long range weapon to use with him?
The Typhoon was pretty much made for the Destroyer... But if you can't get it just yet, with the accuracy & ROF bonuses, the Revenant becomes like a pseudo-Harrier with a much larger ammo capacity.

Haven't tried it yet, but I imagine the Indra would work out pretty nicely with the Destroyer as well.

Striker maybe?
Ew.

Top Bottom