• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Omega |OT| Fuck with Aria [Out now]

DTKT

I bought Leviathan. How much better is this one?

It seems like it's worse. More combat, less focus on the story, no payoff outside of the DLC and zero impact on the story.

Buy it if you really want more Mass Effect combat, but avoid if you want story or interesting characters.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's not like Leviathan really had interesting characters, just some scientist who die in the first 5 minutes and her boring daughter. Well, at least there was the Leviathan at the end i guess?

Aria & Nyreen > These 2.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I didn't care for the contrived plot of Leviathan, but I think Omega seems alright. Although Nyreen kinda . . . you know at the end, which is weak.

Probably been asked and answered before but too lazy to search. Is Omega a big hub with side stuff like in ME2?

I am a fucking
optimist
i gueas...

Ixion

Finally played this and I agree with the general consensus. Enjoyable, but not worth $15.

I loved the music by the way.

Probably been asked and answered before but too lazy to search. Is Omega a big hub with side stuff like in ME2?

I am a fucking
optimist
i gueas...

No. There's a couple hub spots throughout the mission, but nothing like ME2's Omega.

Finally played this and I agree with the general consensus. Enjoyable, but not worth $15.

I loved the music by the way.

No. There's a couple hub spots throughout the mission, but nothing like ME2's Omega.

Thanks for the info. That was exactly why i was curious about the DLC. I think i will go with the Citadel first. Then might get this.

Woorloog

Banned
Finished Omega.
Disappointing ending, too abrupt, not enough rewards.
Mission design, combat encounters were good. Not quite worth the full price, i'll admit that but whatever.
Leviathan, Citadel and rest of ME3 with Extended Cut to go still, and then replay with another character, will post some RTTP ME Trilogy after finished.

spekkeh

Banned
It's not like Leviathan really had interesting characters, just some scientist who die in the first 5 minutes and her boring daughter. Well, at least there was the Leviathan at the end i guess?

Aria & Nyreen > These 2.
I guess what I liked most about Leviathan is that it wasnt all pew pew. There's already too much of that in the vanilla game. It gave some much needed diversity. Although they did rip off the Abyss.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I guess what I liked most about Leviathan is that it wasnt all pew pew. There's already too much of that in the vanilla game. It gave some much needed diversity. Although they did rip off the Abyss.

Citadel did a better job than Leviathan on that, but i agree with you. I wish Omega wasn't all combat. It would have been great to be able to go back to Afterlife once the Omega campaign was over with, just to dance(lol Shepard can't dance(unless its femshep + Garrus)) or chat with your crew and some Omega citizens. I mean, its not like it was too much to ask, you can go back to the new shiny neon Citadel once you'e done with the Citadel DLC campaign, so why not Omega too?

Top Bottom