• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Shouldn't that fantastic Google Doc that cripples every single notion of the ME3 ending being an "ending" be in the OP too?

Edit: Especially for people just beating the game and needing some well thought out shit to support their feelings that what they just witnessed was nonsense.

Nah no aliens, just:

tumblr_lzvhzrf0Bw1qepi4i.jpg

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
WTF is this? Some fan made "how it should end" scenario?
Well, I would be... extremely happy if this was how the ending was to go.

To think this probably took one person an afternoon to come up and put together in paint, and works with what we have seen before in ME2 and actually takes into account decisions we would make.

Bioware should be ashamed and the 3 default options they gave us regardless of what you did.

Hartt951

This thread is just too much awesome. I'm glad that so many people hated the ending that we can all find comfort together with amazing videos and our savoir marauder shields.

Seriously, the ending created like 6 new memes :lol

derFeef

To think this probably took one person an afternoon to come up and put together in paint, and works with what we have seen before in ME2 and actually takes into account decisions we would make.

Bioware should be ashamed and the 3 default options they gave us regardless of what you did.

uhm, its just a chart and not half of the game he made.

bigace33

Went back and beat the game again last night, this time paying more attention to detail and dialog, and I can pretty much confirm that the indoctrination "theory" is 100% what Bioware was aiming for. I repeat, the indoctrination theory is the real story behind the ending. Talking with Javik before the point of no return, he talked about how the Reapers would try and talk you out of destroying them (sort of), I read too many data pads that explained all the symptoms of indoctrination while on was on the final push missions. The whispers during the end game, the confusion of shepard...there is just too much evidence. This is not speculation, but pure facts. On a sour note I still lost Steve. I paragoned the guy several times and he till got dusted.

Went back and beat the game again last night, this time paying more attention to detail and dialog, and I can pretty much confirm that the indoctrination "theory" is 100% what Bioware was aiming for. I repeat, the indoctrination theory is the real story behind the ending. Talking with Javik before the point of no return, he talked about how the Reapers would try and talk you out of destroying them (sort of), I read too many data pads that explained all the symptoms of indoctrination while on was on the final push missions. The whispers during the end game, the confusion of shepard...there is just too much evidence. This is not speculation, but pure facts. On a sour note I still lost Steve. I paragoned the guy several times and he till got dusted.

And the main plot goes unresolved. Stop believing their lies /Memento

I TRY SO HARD AND GET SO FAR. IN THE END, IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I find it hilarious when ANYTHING gets posted on the mass effect facebook. 7 minutes ago this was posted: "DJ Mike Relm mashes up our Mass Effect 3 trailer for this great new remix!"

And, right on cue, the first comment is "how about remixing the ending to something that isnt complete and utter shit?" and the rest following are saying similar things. Nothing relating to the game can avoid the ending backlash, lol.

I find it hilarious when ANYTHING gets posted on the mass effect facebook. 7 minutes ago this was posted: "DJ Mike Relm mashes up our Mass Effect 3 trailer for this great new remix!"

And, right on cue, the first comment is "how about remixing the ending to something that isnt complete and utter shit?" and the rest following are saying similar things. Nothing relating to the game can avoid the ending backlash, lol.
That's hilarious lol. They can't escape the speculation

Also, Real Ending DLC must conclude with Garrus skateboarding in through a sea of fire and shooting Star Kid in the fucking face. With a Cain. In each hand. And foot.

SICK-NASTY

Anything else, anything else, and Bioware fails. Again.

Mass Deflection shields failing! Quick try to ask them another question about exploration or something!

GSR

I think for the ending they should have focused less on "synthetics will destroy everything" and more on the "we harvest advanced races so that younger ones may flourish." The Protheans are revealed in 3 to have been basically space Romans, ready to subjugate any lesser race they came across - only the Reapers stopped them. That reasoning for the Reapers at least doesn't have a giant fucking counterexample some four hours earlier if you pacified the geth and quarians.

bigace33

And the main plot goes unresolved. Stop believing their lies /Memento

Nah, the ending was poorly executed, but when I went back and really paid attention, Bioware did pretty much give us everything we wanted. We did get the shots of all the races fighting together, in a way, the war assetts did make a bit of difference in how the battles played out. I had a little more assetts this go round and saw some different war footage. We did get to catch up with all our characters. The only real thing that was missing was an epilogue or a where are they now type video ending. The ending still stinks, but I can see what Bioware was kind of shooting for. They were definitely the victims of time (the game was clearly rushed at the end) but the finally is not nearly as bad as you think if you just listen more to the hints that the game drops.

Jinjo

Linkin Park almost seem like lyrical geniuses. Like this song was made for the ending/Bioware.

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far I can go. And for all this there's only one thing you should know....."

*Cue chorus*

Zomba13

Linkin Park almost seem like writing geniuses. Like this song was made for the ending/Bioware.

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far I can go. And for all this there's only one thing you should know....."

*Cue chorus*

They are obviously time travellers who wrote that song after experiencing the ending and then went back in time to warn us. We all just laughed at it though :(

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
uhm, its just a chart and not half of the game he made.

Did I say otherwise?

I am referring to what we got, the writer whose endings were mapped out on a piece of paper with "lots of speculation" while referencing the Matrix, considering what we ended up with it is obvious that some amazing thought went into the ending and the choices we would make up to that point.

Derrick01

Banned
So this game is still up for GotY right, guys? Guys?

I'm assuming this year will have enough good games to make my top 10, in which case I don't think I could put this game on it at all. It dropped the ball so hard at the end that I wouldn't feel right putting it on a best of 2012 list.

It will probably win on gaf though because the masses have shown time and time again with MGS4 and ME2 that they don't care about quality and consistency.

It's amazing how Shepard managed to survive a reaper laser straight in her face. It's amazing how Joker managed to get of Earth and reach feck knows before being destroyed by the explosions... I guess Joker was that important.

I'm not sure what my favourite part of the endings were, it was either the part with blue explosions or the part with the red explosions, or either the part where James walked out of the ship or Garrus did.

Also no offence but I didn't really think synthesis is all it's cracked up to be.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So, fun fact. Even the BioWare forum guys hate the ending. It's all everybody is talking about there, too.

And those are the guys who love the series so much they wrote dissertations on Tali's sweat and how Krogan's give birth.

Top Bottom