• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

I just saw that first 21 min video. The guy playing sucks at it, but the game's awesome. And the one of the kidnappers calls Max "gordo" (fat) during the firefight lol. I'm Portuguese so I understand everything they say. Fuck it , I'm double dipping.

I just saw that first 21 min video. The guy playing sucks at it, but the game's awesome. And the one of the kidnappers calls Max "gordo" (fat) during the firefight lol. I'm Portuguese so I understand everything they say. Fuck it , I'm double dipping.

Damn, I don't know why they (R*) did't want to put English translations/subtitles in this...

I'm going to the midnight at my Gamestop. Can't wait! Also thanks for the crew invite.

Also, does anyone know how MP1 and MP2 play as Games on Demand on the 360?

Nibel

Why do people love to spoil themselves with those streams?
Curiosity shouldn't be stronger than the urge to experience the game yourselves.. oh well..

How do you play Max Payne having not seen Hard Boiled?

How do you watch action movies having not seen Hard Boiled?

HOW NOT HARD YET BOILED WATCHED?

rvy

Banned
Watching Hard Boiled for the first time today in preparation. My life has been so empty up until now.

1396806_o.gif

Hang your head in shame. Disgraceful.

Tattooth

I doubt there is, but is there any multiplayer gameplay out yet, or are the servers not up? That is the only footage I will watch, I can be strong!

geebee

Banned
Shocking to see so many Max Payne fans have been missing out on the movies that influenced it! I think I'll be watching Hard Boiled and The Killer this weekend to get me hyped even further.

MMaRsu

WOW wtf

I thought this was out on the 15th in the EU too...WTF MAN :(

I have already taken two free days WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Gotta work on friday :| :| :| :| :|

I know that feel GAF bros, so let's do this: I will answer any non-story-spoiler questions you may have. (Mods, if this is too iffy for your tastes, please let me know.)

How's the movement and gunplay feel? Fast and fluid? Bullet time and Euphoria as glorious as I dreamed?

Damn, I don't know why they (R*) did't want to put English translations/subtitles in this...

Because they want the player to feel as out of place as Max. If he can't understand the language, why should you?

MMaRsu

And ofcourse just like every other bloody R* game it will be heavily embargo'd, even though every store will already have them. FML

And ofcourse just like every other bloody R* game it will be heavily embargo'd, even though every store will already have them. FML

Every store already has them anyway at this point. I'm sure my CE is sitting in the GS cabinet down the street as I'm typing this. FML indeed.

MMaRsu

Every store already has them anyway at this point. I'm sure my CE is sitting in the GS cabinet down the street as I'm typing this. FML indeed.

Well yeah but I thought this was hitting tuesday not fucking friday, also I have taken two days off which now I'll have to switch around I'm not even sure I can do that :/.

S1kkZ

Well yeah but I thought this was hitting tuesday not fucking friday, also I have taken two days off which now I'll have to switch around I'm not even sure I can do that :/.

some stores will have it on tuesday (in germany at least). but if you ordered from amazon or gamestop, you will have to wait.

I pre-ordered from Newegg a couple of weeks ago cause they were running a deal where you save $10 if you pre-ordered through them. Has anybody ever pre-ordered from there before? If so, does stuff usually arrive release day?

AHA-Lambda

Not to be a lil bit of a party pooper, but to all of the people who are buying on PS3/360 to tide themselves over until the PC release; why not just rent the console version instead of wasting $60?

MMaRsu

some stores will have it on tuesday (in germany at least). but if you ordered from amazon or gamestop, you will have to wait.

Yeah I know some stores will have it on tuesday here in The Netherlands too, it just depends if there are big red stickers or tape all over the packages saying DONT SELL BEFORE 18 :p.

Let's hope not and that I'm able to pick that game up, OR switch up the days.. bah humbug the wait is unbearable.

I'm having a real tough time deciding between this, Diablo III and Dragons Dogma when thats out. I've been hyped on Max Payne 3 for a while.

Just go to a GameMania, they don't give a fuck about release dates and usually shelve stock on a tuesday.

Last holiday season Mediamarkt stopped giving a fuck too and broke street date days in advance. Probably to counter online sales.

Which is understandable because that 30 quid Amazon deal was too good.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I live dangerously like Max, so I'm going head first into the PS3 version. Then the PC version after my gpu upgrade.

I do wish that people who picked up an early copy get a PS3 version, but honestly I don't trust everyone's opinion on performance. The Darkness II demo thread was super misleading about the PS3 version, that game runs well and on par with the 360, when some people were saying it was terrible.
I'm sure it'll be fine, especially since R* actually had it playable before release but I'm just curious. I don't have a choice in the version I get anyway. Haha.

MMaRsu

Just go to a GameMania, they don't give a fuck about release dates and usually shelve stock on a tuesday.

Last holiday season Mediamarkt stopped giving a fuck too and broke street date days in advance. Probably to counter online sales.

Which is understandable because that 30 quid Amazon deal was too good.

No way dude GameMania is always very strict..I have a better chance at Dixons or FRS..

No way dude GameMania is always very strict..I have a better chance at Dixons or FRS..

LOL really? I got AC Revelations a week early from them. They even sold Modern Warfare 3 in the afternoon before release when they had a midnight launch. Guess the guys at that store don't really give a fuck. :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
too bad I know of zero Mom n Pop game shops here in Florida....
None where I am either. At least I have a midnight launch to go to Monday. I hope there's a separate line for Max Payne so I don't have to wait for all the Diablo people to get their heroin before I can go.

Top Bottom