• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

sweet thanks dude. that neil patrick harris .gif is so good.

I've added all you PSN users to my list and made you buddies so we can start organizing whenever.

I wonder if there are any other surprises in store. There's the Score Attack mode, plus a new New York Minute mode, a co-op mode upcoming, and Payne Killer (which is the MP version of New York Minute).

No no no =P

Designed as the multiplayer evolution of Max Payne 2’s "Dead Man Walking" mode - which put Max up against a continuously streaming onslaught of adversaries - Payne Killer begins as a traditional deathmatch contest, but the first killer and their victim become Max and Passos, gaining special weapons and abilities that give them a fighting chance against all the other remaining players now looking to supplant them. The primary objective for all other players becomes eliminating Max & Passos, earning points based on staying alive and dealing damage as well as landing lethal shots on either Max or Passos. Players that are Max or Passos score points by killing their would-be attackers. At the end of a match, whoever scores the most points is the victor.

No no no =P

Designed as the multiplayer evolution of Max Payne 2’s "Dead Man Walking" mode - which put Max up against a continuously streaming onslaught of adversaries - Payne Killer begins as a traditional deathmatch contest, but the first killer and their victim become Max and Passos, gaining special weapons and abilities that give them a fighting chance against all the other remaining players now looking to supplant them. The primary objective for all other players becomes eliminating Max & Passos, earning points based on staying alive and dealing damage as well as landing lethal shots on either Max or Passos. Players that are Max or Passos score points by killing their would-be attackers. At the end of a match, whoever scores the most points is the victor.

Right right right, Dead Man Walking. I got the two confused.

Ridley327

I looked it up on the steam forums, can't register retail copies :(

Seems like the same situation that happened with LA Noire; the retail version was also not Steamworks.

I guess that Rockstar is only going to use it for, well, Steam releases, which is strange since the rest of Take Two use it for retail.

ultim8p00

Banned
Goodbye cruel world!

barney-goodnightqkjcd.gif

Edit: There is no way in hell that my OT is worse than the Assault on Dark Athena OT. That was nothing but shirtless pictures of Vin Diesel: http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=357168

Most of the links are now broken though.

Not to be an asshole man. The pics are actually really nice. It's because you used like 3 different banners for the thread. It's too cluttered and it feels like a "forced" funny.

Simo

lololol no time. That's why I've been trying to put it off on someone else :p

Well what the hell man! lol I guess if nobody else steps up I could create it, though any help on suggestions for the crew emblem and design will be appreciated. Hopefully the Crew update goes up at 12am EST tonight.

Simo

Quite a nice little read. Cheers!

Excited for the launch trailer this Thursday so I began re-watching Rockstar's other launch trailers for GTAIV, L.A Noire and Red Dead and forgot about this absolutely fucking awesome trailer made by one of GAF's very own that I think I watched more times before Red Dead's release than any other trailer:
The Essence of Red Dead Redemption

....I think I'll go play me some Red Dead for now!

Fjordson

Oh man, I remember that. I think I remember it being posted in the Red Dead OT sometime around release (was just a lurker, I didn't even have a GAF account back then lol). The Morricone music is unsurprisingly perfect.

Well what the hell man! lol I guess if nobody else steps up I could create it, though any help on suggestions for the crew emblem and design will be appreciated. Hopefully the Crew update goes up at 12am EST tonight.

Only right the thread about a game with a drunk pill popping main character would be so unorganized.

NEOGANG IS ALREADY IN TURMOIL. DA INMATES RUN DA ASYLUM.

Quite a nice little read. Cheers!

Excited for the launch trailer this Thursday so I began re-watching Rockstar's other launch trailers for GTAIV, L.A Noire and Red Dead and forgot about this absolutely fucking awesome trailer made by one of GAF's very own that I think I watched more times before Red Dead's release than any other trailer:
The Essence of Red Dead Redemption

....I think I'll go play me some Red Dead for now!

I think that is my favorite game this generation. I can't wait for the next game in the read dead series.

i'll be jumping in when the PC version hits. i'll be joining the NeoGAF posse online and hopefully i can sharpen my skills back up to the point where i'm not repeatedly screwing the team's pooch.

UrbanRats

Oh man, I remember that. I think I remember it being posted in the Red Dead OT sometime around release (was just a lurker, I didn't even have a GAF account back then lol). The Morricone music is unsurprisingly perfect.
That was the first time i started to post on GAF more frequently (i mean the Red Dead thread).
Good times, with Goldrusher and all the others.
I think i had this avatar though:
ibnbDCJEv0Eqat.jpg

This has got to be the UGLIEST OT in the history of GAF. Max Payne 3 deserves better than this.

Probably the worst I've seen, it's not simple and clean, not over the top goodness, just a mess in the middle that's not even clever when trying to be. Not trying to be an ass either, just me saying "great OT man!" would be a lie.

Really looking forward to this game, can't remember the last time a trailer hyped me up this much.

Whats the plan guys, single player or multi-player first?

Single player for me, im afraid if i jump into the mp too fast i'll never get around to the story, happened to me in COD, and BF3. Though Max Payne has a different pedigree when it comes to story...

Single player for me, im afraid if i jump into the mp too fast i'll never get around to the story, happened to me in COD, and BF3. Though Max Payne has a different pedigree when it comes to story...

Story first because multiplayer will spoil story locations. Don't care about that in most shooters, but this ain't most shooters.

Fjordson

Story all the way through first. Then get into some MP.

That arcade mode stuff also sounds cool. Might be jumping into that after the story.

Yeah, im sure i'll go with the sp to start, but man there is something about the mp that really has me pumped, i just get that feeling that its going to be something special. I could tell Rockstar where headed in the right direction with the presentation in the Red Dead mp, and it seems like they have put a ton of effort and polish into Max Payne 3's mp.

Any footage or articles ever come out from that mlg event?

KiNeSiS

Banned
I will not support switching discs in this gen.
In fact backing up my games on my hd loader in the ps2 gen made me lazy & disappointed in this gen.
It would have been nice if instead of retail online pass codes every game came with a a single use license to unlock the full game to burn onto the hard drive.

I will buy the ps3 version of Max Payne for the free multi & it being on a single disc alone.
I am hoping for the full frame rate & no funny stuff.

I will not support switching discs in this gen.
In fact backing up my games on my hd loader in the ps2 gen made me lazy & disappointed in this gen.
It would have been nice if instead of retail online pass codes every game came with a a single use license to unlock the full game to burn onto the hard drive.

I will buy the ps3 version of Max Payne for the free multi & it being on a single disc alone.
I am hoping for the full frame rate & no funny stuff.

2 Discs is the main reason that I will buy it on PS3

Gav47

Is the soundtrack being released day and date with the game? Anyone know were it'll be available online?

Is the soundtrack being released day and date with the game? Anyone know were it'll be available online?

Well, it'll be released digitally something like, a week or two after launch I believe. For people who bought the CE, I think it's still up in the air, we don't know yet.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Just preordered. It's going to be hard to wait for the PC version, so I'll probably jump out of this thread until I get my copy.

tenz0r

Is there a Max Payne retrospective video anywhere online (I read the summary in the OP, but it would be nice to see it in video format)? I'm looking to get caught up with the series before May 15th. I finished Max Payne 1 & 2 when they were released a long time ago, but don't have enough time between now and May 15th to play through both of them.

Is there a Max Payne retrospective video anywhere online (I read the summary in the OP, but it would be nice to see it in video format)? I'm looking to get caught up with the series before May 15th. I finished Max Payne 1 & 2 when they were released a long time ago, but don't have enough time between now and May 15th to play through both of them.

I saw one last week, let me see if I can hunt it down for you. I think Gamespot made it.

Simo

Multiplayer first but mostly because myself and friends are going to the midnight release and their main draw is multi, so I don't want to be a dick and get home and jump into single player first when the guys are going to be playing multi. That and getting to play with Rockstar that night is sweet!

Well, it'll be released digitally something like, a week or two after launch I believe. For people who bought the CE, I think it's still up in the air, we don't know yet.

Released digitally May 23rd with the TV commercial song "TEARS" released on the 15th. Special Edition owners get a code to redeem on the 23rd to download the OST with no extra charge.

Gav47

Released digitally May 23rd with the TV commercial song "TEARS" released on the 15th. Special Edition owners get a code to redeem on the 23rd to download the OST with no extra charge.
Thanks for the info, can't wait to hear TEARS in its entirety.

Radec

Great OT.

I wonder though, If Player A activates Bullet Time and he aimed at Player B. Player C is watching Player A and Player B going head to head, what would Player A and B look like ? Are they slowed down or just normal people shooting each other ?

Top Bottom