• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

I am looking forward to reading reviews about the single player. I'm a bit wary because it is linear, but if it is fun and supports interesting deviations on replay (due to AI, multiple paths through the environment, etc.), and is a decent length (15 to 20 hours) then I'm on board. Just not into the MP.

Great OT.

I wonder though, If Player A activates Bullet Time and he aimed at Player B. Player C is watching Player A and Player B going head to head, what would Player A and B look like ? Are they slowed down or just normal people shooting each other ?

Player C moves at the same speed as Players A and B when Bullet-time is engaged. So Player C moves slow as well. Only Player A's aiming speed remains faster to make up for the slowing down of time. Everyone else aims slowly.

ezekial45

Banned
Great OT.

I wonder though, If Player A activates Bullet Time and he aimed at Player B. Player C is watching Player A and Player B going head to head, what would Player A and B look like ? Are they slowed down or just normal people shooting each other ?

If I understand correctly, Player C will be in BT as well. BT is line of sight. When Player C looks at Player A, he'll enter it with them.

I am looking forward to reading reviews about the single player. I'm a bit wary because it is linear, but if it is fun and supports interesting deviations on replay (due to AI, multiple paths through the environment, etc.), and is a decent length (15 to 20 hours) then I'm on board. Just not into the MP.

Definitely man. The great thing about Max Payne is that even if the story is a bit cheesy, the shooting is so damn fun... I can't tell you how SATISFYING it is to fly through the air and shoot at doods. I spent HOURS just going through and blasting guys away, finding new ways to enter a room like a BADASS and just shoot everything and everyone. I am so stoked for this game... I'm ready to bring back some childhood memories.

PS:
Max Payne for the Xbox was my first "M" rated game... I convinced my older sister to buy it for me, and when we were checking out, the nerd behind the counter said "Are you SURE you want to buy this? Max Payne stands for MAXIMUM PAIN; its pretty violent." I was like "wtf man nu uh." Ended up getting it anyways. Victory for 13 year old me.

Mindlog

I'm not all that pumped by the game, but that soundtrack contribution by Health is ripping my shit in half.

For those that are familiar with the expression.

Player C moves at the same speed as Players A and B when Bullet-time is engaged. So Player C moves slow as well. Only Player A's aiming speed remains faster to make up for the slowing down of time. Everyone else aims slowly.

I think it also matters who's on whose team. If Player A and Player C are on the same team, Player C also enjoys the normal shooting speed and reload times. If Player C is on the same team as Player B, then he's penalized and has slower shooting speed and reload times. At least, that's how I understand it. There's a blue haze around your screen if you're under positive bullet time influence, red if negative.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
how bout you post the new screenshots? pff
LazyGAF :p

RSG_MP3_ARCADE_NYMINUTE_003.jpg

RSG_MP3_ARCADE_SCOREATTACK_004.jpg

RSG_MP3_ARCADE_NYMINUTE_001.jpg

RSG_MP3_ARCADE_SCOREATTACK_002.jpg

RSG_MP3_ARCADE_NYMINUTE_002.jpg

RSG_MP3_ARCADE_SCOREATTACK_005.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol, article was already posted, but those look great. That looks like it'll be a really fun mode. Plus, for the people worried about too many cutscenes, this mode just skips them.

Yeah but you guys only posted the article and not the new screens :/

Anyway, yep those look so good. Also the new modes sound very interesting.

lucius

I have the same view really want to hear about single player and if there is decent replay value. I doubt I will touch multiplayer much, just has me worried many of the previews seem to be multiplayer focused.

Despite this being on two discs I am still getting the 360 version over the PS3 one. Knowing Rockstar this generation that just seems to be the safest bet. GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption were vastly inferior on the PS3. I much rather swap discs for a mere 5 seconds.

Uhhhhhhhh, yeah, good luck creating the GAF logo. Was messing with the creator for a while and realized I suck. Site's pretty slick though. Hope the in game integration is done well.

I just hope they put the soundtrack up for sale on Steam, like the Bastion OST. I fucking hate iTunes and would like for my purchase to be available for download at any time so buying it on Steam and having it as a game bonus on my account would be the best choice for me.

Fjordson

Sweet. Requested to join.

And yeah, no chance I would be able to make the GAF logo with this lol. My skills are sorely lacking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Unless I'm misunderstanding how this is going to work in-game, it wouldn't make much sense to mix and match console owners, would it? Unless it's one big GAF Crew and the game will sort it out automatically.

Me confuzzled.

One would assume so. That was a big reason for the social club in the first place. To link the community together while still making it obvious who's on what system.

One would assume so. That was a big reason for the social club in the first place. To link the community together while still making it obvious who's on what system.

Hmmmm, well the "Xbox 360 Crew" thing can be changed so whatevs. This will all be cleared up soon enough.

Lord Phol

Max Payne 2 is one of the best optimized PC games I have ever played, wonder if it will be the same with this one. Nonetheless looks interesting, will probably get on the PC!

Blutonium

Fuck it, I'm going to double dip. There's no way in hell I can wait untill june 1st while you bastards are off having a blast.

JambiBum

Alright I made a GAF logo as best as I could using the emblem creator. Once I get accepted to the crew I'll upload it. If someone can make something better then go on ahead.

Top Bottom