• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Clutched at the Top 10. I'll take it.

KENTA's gonna be great you guys. So is Devitt.

I can feel it.

Also, some people got some next level problems with that Paige shop. Jaysus.

EDIT: Also the first to crack the second page also. Yay me....

tumblr_n3qs59feZz1ra2rkho1_500.png

Vince, have no fears, Lambda got content for years.

60 Pride events, 23 K-1 MAX events and close to 50 K-1 WGP events in the back pocket. Straight Shooters will remain one of top 2 draws at Legit Shook for years.

Quick show of hands - we had a few CHIKARA fans here before the company's 'demise', I'm interested to see how many are still left standing. So, who's going to be watching the Season 14 premiere iPPV on May 25th?

New Japan wouldn't want to put any ROH guy over one of their top performers, so that's why Liger's getting the title shot. He's a respected veteran and, even if he is past his prime, this is still the biggest match of Cole's career thus far.

I expect Tanahashi vs Bennett to surprise a lot of people.

Yeah, I figured that is the reason but I still want to watch it. And I'm sure that Tanahashi vs Bennett will be great. Just wanted to see a different matchup. But really, I don't know who I would face him. Maybe Strong? Hero?

The card looks solid all around. Can't wait!

What If WWE wanted to do a "One Night Only" ppv for WCW, who would you have book it and what matches would you see with surviving talent?

Using only talents that I think could pass a physical.

Multiman Cruiserweight opening match featuring the likes of Juvi, L.A. Park, Noble, Elix Skipper, Disco Inferno, and Chavo. If you can use guys who barely were in WCW, throw in Chris Daniels and AJ Styles

Finlay V Regal

Rey V Psicosis

Jericho V Malenko

Goldberg V Big Show

Steiner Bros V Nash and whatever NWO member can still go

DDP V Booker T

Muta V Sting

somedevil

Here is all the WWE pay per views to WrestleMania 31:

* May 4th – Extreme Rules, IZOD Center in East Rutherford, NJ
* June 1st – Payback, Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL
* June 29th – Money In the Bank, TD Garden in Boston, MA
* July 20th – Battleground, Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa, FL
* August 17th – SummerSlam, Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
* September 21st – Night of Champions, Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN
* October 26th – Hell In A Cell, American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX
* November 23rd – Survivor Series, Scottrade Center in St. Louis, MO
* December 14th – TLC, Quickens Loans Arena in Cleveland, OH
* January 25th – Royal Rumble, Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA
* February 22nd – Elimination Chamber, Fedex Forum in Memphis, TN
* March 29th – WrestleMania 31, Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, CA

So is Kenta going to the WWE or is he going to sign with New Japan?

Quick show of hands - we had a few CHIKARA fans here before the company's 'demise', I'm interested to see how many are still left standing. So, who's going to be watching the Season 14 premiere iPPV on May 25th?

Im going to watch it. got good vibes from NPWD

need to support WrestleGAF superstar Archibald Peck ;p

Yeah, I figured that is the reason but I still want to watch it. And I'm sure that Tanahashi vs Bennett will be great. Just wanted to see a different matchup. But really, I don't know who I would face him. Maybe Strong? Hero?

Strong would have been a good match, ROH would've been fine with him doing the job as well, considering he's no longer signed to them - there's a distinct lack of Chris Hero on both of the ROH/NJPW cards. I presume that's to do with Hero's relationship with NOAH - perhaps the same goes for Strong.

somedevil said:

No one really knows - he had a try-out at WWE earlier in the year and has said he's leaving NOAH to compete in the "big leagues", but rumour has it amongst Japanese fans that he's actually signing for New Japan. Personally, I'd prefer to see him in New Japan.

slightconfuse said:
Im going to watch it. got good vibes from NPWD

need to support WrestleGAF superstar Archibald Peck ;p

Damn right! Archie won the Avatar Rumble on his way to reviving CHIKARA, it's only fitting that representatives of WrassleGAF are ready to bear witness to CHIKARA's return.

Hasney

Watching Wrestlemania Rewind now it just reminded me that Mayweather/Big Show was much better than it had any right to be.

Speaking of "we're so much better treated than you it's not even funny but we'll laugh anyway because fuck you, here's a look at EA UFC's career mode.

I want a WWE career mode where you either start at the indies where you connect with the crowd but it's hard as fuck, or you choose Vince's wet dream mode where you have all the striations and it's really easy but lack the overness.

NXT has to be theme for next year right? Jared I know you're reading this but get your asses to the 2k scanning offices and make some damn phone calls.

Ithil

Here is all the WWE pay per views to WrestleMania 31:

There would be no reason to leave NOAH if he were going to NJPW, they have had a talent exchange going for a good while now.

somedevil

Which one is crazy steve?

Its most likely the clown and it seems during there matches they have the sin cara mood lighting and there theme music plays during the whole match.

There would be no reason to leave NOAH if he were going to NJPW, they have had a talent exchange going for a good while now.

If he goes to NXT he needs a new finisher because everyone steals from him and he has to learn to be less stiff.

Speaking of "we're so much better treated than you it's not even funny but we'll laugh anyway because fuck you, here's a look at EA UFC's career mode.

I want a WWE career mode where you either start at the indies where you connect with the crowd but it's hard as fuck, or you choose Vince's wet dream mode where you have all the striations and it's really easy but lack the overness.

NXT has to be theme for next year right? Jared I know you're reading this but get your asses to the 2k scanning offices and make some damn phone calls.

if the graphics are 2025, a career mode like that is 2040 the soonest.

strobogo

Banned
same way husky harris goes to bray wyatt!

cant wait for knux to sing "you are my sunshine"

Idk, I can totally buy Husky Harris getting involved with a cult and eventually taking over, being driven crazy from the heat and alligator poop. I can't figure out how Knux goes from biker to super carny dude. He's the same guy. Husky and Bray aren't acknowledged as the same guy.

Marvel

could never
Before, it was at No Way Out and Floyd just gave him 6 punches before Big Show even knew what the fuck was going on.

Ahh yeah I remember now, watching it on youtube. Shoe looked like he was gonna kill him after lol.

Sephzilla

The last 2 WWE games have been heavily nostalgia oriented. Given that trend and Yukes desire to recycle assets, I wouldn't be surprised if WWE 2k15 is some kind of Monday Night Wars theme.

Hasney

Ahh yeah I remember now, watching it on youtube. Shoe looked like he was gonna kill him after lol.

He was, he was saying in the show that he was ready to kill him as a switch just filipped after his nose was gone. HHH calmed him down and let him know he'll be all over the news now.

Just looked at the finish, I think Floyd caught him solid with the brass knucks too. Looks like he only slightly pulled it, but still solid connection.

XenoRaven

Idk, I can totally buy Husky Harris getting involved with a cult and eventually taking over, being driven crazy from the heat and alligator poop. I can't figure out how Knux goes from biker to super carny dude. He's the same guy. Husky and Bray aren't acknowledged as the same guy.
I don't know if this counts but Bray alluded to the fact that he is possessing the body of Husky Harris on his Twitter.

The last 2 WWE games have been heavily nostalgia oriented. Given that trend and Yukes desire to recycle assets, I wouldn't be surprised if WWE 2k15 is some kind of Monday Night Wars theme.
That's a good idea... or they could put in a John Cena Road to Greatness mode like they had for Lebron in NBA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Please no more Flair. Just let it go.

Ithil

Raquel Diaz requested her release last time, maybe she did this time too. The other three aren't surprising since they had done nothing with them.

I thought Oliver Grey had lots of potential but I guess they didn't feel it was being realised.

Sephzilla

That's a good idea... or they could put in a John Cena Road to Greatness mode like they had for Lebron in NBA.

A Monday Night Wars themed WWE 2k15 could potentially include a built in better version of the invasion angle.

FANTASY TIME
In my mind, I would have booked the WCW invasion of WWE decently similar to how it played out in real life. Except more WCW talent would be involved that way so many WWE talents wouldn't have to defect. Then it would lead to the Invasion PPV, everyone would be brawling, and then the lights go out, the lights come on, the nWo shows up, and it becomes WCW/WWE vs nWo.

Top Bottom