• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Commit to something stupid and you can make it gold. Bryan is a real master of this and BNB is doing it too.

GOAT "turn something stupid into gold" award

i6vMVuOki0NpR.gif

because there's no positive Sony news happening right now. Driveclub got fucked. Multiple levels.

Locked 30fps isn't ideal, but I haven't let that stop my enjoyment of a racing game before. Let's be honest, the only thing that's really been fucked with is some fanboys.

I read posts like "once word of this gets out to the public, there's going to be a ton of pre-orders cancelled" and wonder which world some of these gaming side folks live in.

Locked 30fps isn't ideal, but I haven't let that stop my enjoyment of a racing game before. Let's be honest, the only thing that's really been fucked with is some fanboys.

I read posts like "once word of this gets out to the public, there's going to be a ton of pre-orders cancelled" and wonder which world some of these gaming side folks live in.

They live in this magical world where they think anybody cares.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit was 30 FPS and the game was fun. Gaming side lives in their own bubble. John racerfan doesnt car about that shit

Sephzilla

The fact that the WCW side of the invasion lacked Nash, Hall, Hogan, Macho, Sting, Goldberg, Luger, and pretty much everyone else near the top of the card killed the Invasions momentum. I think the only reason ECW was even brought into the angle was to mask how few stars they actually brought over from WCW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I was more referring to the PS+ version of Driveclub sure sounds stripped down to a demo as opposed to "buy what parts you want" - definitely differs from what was promised long ago.

Some of them have a special ability to spin good news into shitty news and bad news into the death of videogames forever.

I was more referring to the PS+ version of Driveclub sure sounds stripped down to a demo as opposed to "buy what parts you want" - definitely differs from what was promised long ago.

Yeah that is some bullshit. Went from "Free full game at launch of PS4" to a year late and 60 dollars short.

Sephzilla

They truly believe it's frame rate and possible DRM that killed the XBone, not the $100 price difference.

The DRM definitely would have if Xbox didn't yank it out last minute (despite saying it couldn't be yanked out / turned off). The $500 price point and forced Kinect didn't help.

Carnby

The single episode of Raw that made me stop watching wrestling for 10 years.

ECW vs WWF starts. At the end of the episode it is revealed that Steph was behind ECW. That's all I remember, but the reveal was so bad that I never thought about watching WWE again until 2010.

Was there an angle that killed your interest in WWE?

ECW vs WWF starts. At the end of the episode it is revealed that Steph was behind ECW. That's all I remember, but the reveal was so bad that I never thought about watching WWF again until 2010.

Did you swallow down those thousand years of anger?

Sephzilla

ECW vs WWF starts. At the end of the episode it is revealed that Steph was behind ECW. That's all I remember, but the reveal was so bad that I never thought about watching WWF again until 2010.

The invasion becoming a McMahon family war definitely sucked. WCW should have been led by Bischoff. ECW lead purely by Heyman.

jred2k

The day I realized that most people ranting in some of those threads were under 20 was the day I stopped putting any stock in the discussions there. Most of those people are completely isolated from the world at-large they actually believe something like resolution is a major determining factor in if a game is successful.

ECW vs WWF starts. At the end of the episode it is revealed that Steph was behind ECW. That's all I remember, but the reveal was so bad that I never thought about watching WWE again until 2010.

HBK not winning the title at Wrestlemania 23. Killed my interest dead.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is what you do, Sunny? Just come here and tell lies?

Why would someone do that?

Isn't it though? I thought it really changed, no? Was hoping it would be the full game somehow to force MS' hand into doing the same on Bone in some form.

I only really liked Motorstorm Apocalypse (although that's the one people seem to mostly hate), I wasn't a huge fan of the previous two. The stuff they had going on in that game was pretty crazy.

strobogo

Banned
Same here. Stro should be ashamed. Also, where you at BillRiccio? Seems like he's not around as much since CHIKARA went temporarily kaput.

I stand by everything I said. Aiii's obsession with AJ is legitimately unsettling as he always knows where she is and what is going on in her personal life. But my real issue is that his obsession bleeds into all the other women in wrestling and any positive (real or ironic) causes him to pop up to insult the woman and/or the people saying something positive about women besides AJ.

And then he gets aggressively defensive and has zero self awareness of how much of a creep and/or serious dick head he comes off as while doing it. Now, a lot of it is sort of half halfheartedly good hearted ribbing, but a lot of it isn't.

I stand by all of it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Why would someone do that?

Isn't it though? I thought it really changed, no? Was hoping it would be the full game somehow to force MS' hand into doing the same on Bone in some form.

They said it was the full game only as far as modes and features but with less cars and tracks which is what it turned out to be. Gaming side being gaming side turned it into something it never was and as usual, end up disappointed.

Phatmac

Think I stopped watching wrestling when the Mix became champion and that wrestlemania when Micheal Cole fought King or whatever. Awful times.

ROH OH

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE) Investor Alert: Investigation over Possible Securities Laws Violations

[San Diego, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/30/2014 -- An investigation on behalf of investors of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE) shares over potential securities laws violations by World Wrestling Entertainment and certain of its directors and officers in connection certain financial statements was announced.

If you purchased shares of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE), you have certain options and you should contact the Shareholders Foundation at mail@shareholdersfoundation.com or call +1(858) 779 - 1554.

B]The investigation by a law firm focuses on possible claims on behalf of purchasers of the securities of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE) concerning whether a series of statements by World Wrestling Entertainment regarding its business, its prospects and its operations were materially false and misleading at the time they were made.

[/B]World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. reported that its annual Total Revenue rose from $484.01 million in 2012 to $507.97 million in 2013 while its respective Net Income fell from $31.43 million to $2.76 million. Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE) grew from $7.72 per share in late 2012 to as high as $31.39 per share on March 20, 2014.

On April 7, 2014, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. announced that it has changed the location of its Annual Meeting of Stockholders to be held on April 25, 2014. Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE) declined from over $31 in March 2014 to as low as $19.65 per share on April 11, 2014.

On April 28, 2014, NYSE:WWE closed at $19.51 per share.

Those who purchased shares of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE), have certain options and should contact the Shareholders Foundation.

The DriveClub PS+ edition is basically the same, they've just clarified the wording - they've gone from telling you that "some assets" like cars and tracks wouldn't be available in the free version, to telling you exactly how many cars and tracks are included in the free version. The core of the gameplay is still there, which was the whole purpose of the PS+ edition in the first place - get as many people as possible online and racing in what is setting itself up to be a very social racing game.

The height of the McMahon/Helmsley shit in 2001/2002 is what caused me to quit. Didn't come back to watching WWE until 2006 or so.

strobogo said:
I stand by all of it.

I can't say I've noticed much of what you're talking about, but then again I mentally check out whenever people start discussing AJ outside of a wrasslin' context. My advice is everyone should chill.

Also, where's G-Fex been lately?

njean777

The xbox one app is not so good. The ps4 one has time stamps and better fast forwarding. Xbox one does not have good fast forwarding or time stamps for now.

I stopped watching when I hit high school and college so around 2003. I never even saw the rock Hollywood heel turn at all and it was news to me that he did turn heel then. I just started watching it again this year.

XenoRaven

I stand by everything I said. Aiii's obsession with AJ is legitimately unsettling as he always knows where she is and what is going on in her personal life. But my real issue is that his obsession bleeds into all the other women in wrestling and any positive (real or ironic) causes him to pop up to insult the woman and/or the people saying something positive about women besides AJ.

And then he gets aggressively defensive and has zero self awareness of how much of a creep and/or serious dick head he comes off as while doing it. Now, a lot of it is sort of half halfheartedly good hearted ribbing, but a lot of it isn't.

I stand by all of it.
My only issue is when you go on the offensive when he's just minding his own business. It comes across as you trying to start shit as opposed to just being annoyed with his behavior.

The guy says a lot of dumb shit that deserves to be called out, but he's got a place here and should be able to read the thread and post day-to-day stuff without being harassed. And that goes for more than just you.

Rapstah

Mason Ryan, Oliver Grey, Danny Burch and most surprisingly Raquel Diaz were released from NXT today.

Shit, Mason Ryan. That dude was rumoured to take Reigns' place when the rumoured idea was for them to break up at or shortly after the Rumble.

strobogo

Banned
The DriveClub PS+ edition is basically the same, they've just clarified the wording - they've gone from telling you that "some assets" like cars and tracks wouldn't be available in the free version, to telling you exactly how many cars and tracks are included in the free version. The core of the gameplay is still there, which was the whole purpose of the PS+ edition in the first place - get as many people as possible online and racing in what is setting itself up to be a very social racing game.

The height of the McMahon/Helmsley shit in 2001/2002 is what caused me to quit. Didn't come back to watching WWE until 2006 or so.

I can't say I've noticed much of what you're talking about, but then again I mentally check out whenever people start discussing AJ outside of a wrasslin' context. My advice is everyone should chill.

Also, where's G-Fex been lately?

He told me in a personal messaging system outside the confines of The NeoGAF that he was really shocked that, "dingus" didn't get over like he had anticipated. He began to realize that he was perhaps losing his touch and this left him legit shook. He's taking time to recharge his batteries in comic and Star Wars threads, hoping it will inspire him to use a new word that he can parlay into a lucrative t-shirt deal. We wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
This is kind of why I think the angle should have morphed into WWE/WCW versus the nWo. I know it's cliche and comic book-ish, but the "two foes uniting to fight a common enemy" thing would have worked perfectly in this scenario since it would avoid having either WWE or WCW win the feud.

Plus instead of talent jumping from WWE to WCW, they could have went nWo since the nWo in its original state was pretty much ex WWE stars. I could really write a detailed ultimate dream version of how I think the angle should have went down, but I don't want to post a wall of text here for everyone to have to scroll past.

What do you mean "pretty much?" It was the Outsiders (whose whole gimmick was they were, well, outsiders) with Hulk Hogan joining up. What I mean is, the outsiders morphed into the nWo.

I'm trying to eat while finishing the last OT and I keep scrolling past pictures of feet you disgusting fucks.

Anyways, great job on the OT Cure. We finally have a decent title ^_^

Top Bottom