• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Is there a word for the kind of arguing where you sort of give your opponent his weakest point to seem like you're reasonable, and then act like now that you've agreed to what your opponent thinks, it's time for him to agree with you?

Mick Foley always came across like he was doing that for WWE's corporate opinion and never really stopped even as he got fired.

I love Mick Foley though, don't get me wrong.

Bro, I'm not arguing i'm just being facetious of course we all have the right to have an opinion of our own and was just being observant of the sudden spike in backlash of Mr. Foley. I own't even consider it a backlash it was like two dudes. Das it. EDIT: I can't read for shit, you're talking about Mick lol

Dan BIlzerian and Ray J on my Total Divas? Shits ramping up here on season 2.

HOLY FUCK the monotone in Eva is just too blatant. She needs a patch update stat.

strobogo

Banned
He can use his parkour to save her!

But will he make it on time?

john-morrison-parkour-training-o.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Bro, I'm not arguing i'm just being facetious of course we all have the right to have an opinion of our own and was just being observant of the sudden spike in backlash of Mr. Foley. I own't even consider it a backlash it was like two dudes. Das it.

Just looking for an excuse to use this gif.

8P9wz8L.gif

Sblargh

Banned
Is there a word for the kind of arguing where you sort of give your opponent his weakest point to seem like you're reasonable, and then act like now that you've agreed to what your opponent thinks, it's time for him to agree with you?

Mick Foley always came across like he was doing that for WWE's corporate opinion and never really stopped even as he got fired.

I love Mick Foley though, don't get me wrong.

I don't think it has a specific name, it's just general rhetoric to act like that.

Edit: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2014/5...-week-superstars-schedules-about-to-get-crazy

Damn, they work almost the entire month without a pause during this european tour.

Hasney

I think you just gave him his next movie idea. The Doing Well: A woman falls in love with a wishing well, but little does she know that the well is killing her when they have sex by poisoning her with heavy amounts of lead.

Then Mike Knox has sex with it.

Alucard

Banned
Anyone else feel a void in wrestling since last Thursday? Feel like we need more of The Menagerie right now. I already miss them.

dream

Internally, a lot of eyes are on Adam Rose, since his debut was viewed as a failure and we're told that's a bigger story that people are letting on, although I don't know why. However, we just heard that everything major was changing today, but all we heard is the changes have to do with Daniel Bryan.

I mean, wow. If this company really was expecting "Adam Rose" to be anything more than a Eugene-level bottom-of-the-card novelty, they have completely lost the plot and need to move NXT out of "Full Sail University."

Rapstah

Spoilering this in case someone considers Meltzer Payback scoops spoilers:
On Raw tonight, they will be pushing the 6/1 Payback PPV top matches. As of this morning, there was a John Cena & Usos vs. Wyatt Family match scheduled.
A Smackdown main event for the PPV?

strobogo

Banned
I wish I could use a Steadicam while on a Segway, then you get shit like this:

Steadicam Segway @ Eurovision

Also holy shit that Popcorn Time thread is pissing me off

You mean the people who actually give no fucks about piracy and likely pirate shit every day even if just through Youtube or various video sites but want to pretend that they're pointing dudes out to the feds/mods for some reason any time something comes up? Those are the same people on gaming side who will do the same shit if someone posts a picture from a gaming website.

Meltzer scoops? That was my idea! It was the start of the combining of WWE and Total Divas Universes and the ULTIMATE CRISIS.

I mean, wow. If this company really was expecting "Adam Rose" to be anything more than a Eugene-level bottom-of-the-card novelty, they have completely lost the plot and need to move NXT out of "Full Sail University."

i always say it, and i'll say it again, but they're nuts if they think NXT gimmicks will get over with kids in Cena shirts and adults with full time jobs.

You mean the people who actually give no fucks about piracy and likely pirate shit every day even if just through Youtube or various video sites but want to pretend that they're pointing dudes out to the feds/mods for some reason any time something comes up? Those are the same people on gaming side who will do the same shit if someone posts a picture from a gaming website.

It's fucking irritating as hell. They clearly just wanted a GOTCHA moment and it really kills discussion.

I mean, real talk, I'm technically assisting in content creation, what with filming/stage/lighting and such. I can still have a legitimate discussion on piracy, because it's usually a question of price vs convenience. Which is easier to use? It's an important question.

But nope he said the name of the program WE GOTTA GET IM

somedevil

Nope just doing the same match they did on Smackdown Friday. Also, these Daniel Bryan rewrites can either fix last weeks disaster or lead us to another Katie Vick I fear. Brie better not be at RAW after last week and if she is Bryan is an idiot for allowing to the person that Kane chases every week to be there.

Showaddy

Hot damn this is absurd.
I mean Cena really isn't going to take a pin this whole feud is he? Getting to walk out of a cage and pinning the Uso's is Cena paying his dues for that clean burial at Mania isn't it?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'd fire the person who thought it was a bright idea to send him up so quickly too.

Alucard

Banned
Sounds like Meltzer means that Cena match is going to be on Raw and not the PPV. Right?

And Cena's never taking a pin in this feud, bros.

What's the point of having the same matches over and over again? Everything that's on Smackdown is going to be on Raw the following Monday.

All this Wyatt/Cena hoopla makes me wonder how in the hell did they manage to get Bryan to ever pin Cena for the title ever? That whole clean or not clean is another discussion I'd rather not have.

Bionic

Bean

Alucard

Banned
All this Wyatt/Cena hoopla makes me wonder how in the hell did they manage to get Bruan to ever pin Cena for the title ever? That whole clean or not clean is another discussion I'd rather not have.

Bionic

Bean

As clean as it'll ever get with Cena. Hated how he kept checking with the doctors for his elbow.

All this Wyatt/Cena hoopla makes me wonder how in the hell did they manage to get Bryan to ever pin Cena for the title ever? That whole clean or not clean is another discussion I'd rather not have.

Bionic

Bean
Because people don't watch cage matches to see pinfalls, perro.

Start thinking with your brain instead of your cock.

Top Bottom