• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

The Devitt episode of Art of Wrestling is well worth a listen - Devitt's a soft spoken kinda guy, but has some good stories about how he got into the Japanese wrestling scene;

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

Colt mentions that Gabe had the chance to book Devitt for ROH - I remember Devitt was on a US tour back in 2006 and was hoping he'd turn up in ROH, but no 'big' indy promotion booked him. Colt says he recommended Devitt to Gabe, who just said "that's a stupid name" and totally dismissed him. Now, he's the biggest Jr. Heavyweight star in the world and Gabe'd absolutely piss his pants at the chance to get him booked on EVOLVE or DGUSA.

Also, I liked the story he told about his time in Mexico - apparently Volador Jr. beat the crap out of him the first show he wrestled. He also made the mistake of taking a flat back bump from a top-rope dropkick on a Mexican ring, lol.

New page...DONTAKU!

NJPW, "WRESTLING DONTAKU", 2013.05.03
Fukuoka International Center

iVj7hs5YqfN6j.jpg

17:00 JST | 10:00 CEST | 09:00 BST | 03:00 EDT | 00:00 PDT

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25 to watch live and/or on-demand for a week after broadcast.

Road to Wrestling Dontaku - 04/20/13
Road to Wrestling Dontaku - 04/21/13

0. Yuji Nagata, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Maximo vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo)
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) (c) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)
2. Fale Triumphant Return Match: Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan vs Devitt Army (Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale)
3. IWGP & NWA Heavweight Tag Titles: K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr) (c) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka) vs Muscle Orchestra (Strong Man & Manabu Nakanishi)
4. NEVER Openweight Title: Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tomoaki Honma
5. Special Singles Match: Togi Makabe vs Yujiro Takahashi
6. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata
7. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Karl Anderson
8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Shelton Benjamin
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Minoru Suzuki

tm24

Also, I liked the story he told about his time in Mexico - apparently Volador Jr. beat the crap out of him the first show he wrestled. He also made the mistake of taking a flat back bump from a top-rope dropkick on a Mexican ring, lol.

Volador Jr does not fuck around!

Volador Jr does not fuck around!

Yeah, apparently the boys were pissed because Devitt came in as the New Japan jr. champ to great fanfare, but then couldn't wrestle for a week because he got the shits, lol - so when he finally got in the ring, Volador Jr beat the crap out of him, Devitt took it and didn't complain, so there was no problem after that.

So it's basically confirmed that this "Silas Young" cat gave Bob Ryder a blowie?

Well, he did wrestle at least one match in TNA, but I guess he didn't do a good enough "job".

Best non-AJ fan art?

My personal favourites;

ibcqVsE5rbObjX.jpg

i3D5NTW6AhdHd.jpg

Every time I read the word, "Dontaku", in my head I hear it being yelled by Terry Bogard's voice as though it's one of his signature attacks.

The Evolve tripleshot is looking pretty awesome. EITA and Tomahawk coming up along with Brian Cage and Shane Strickland making their Evolve debuts should shake things up. It's going to be a fun weekend.

EVOLVE 20
Thursday, May 30th
Orlando Armory
2809 Fernhill Ct.
Orlando, FL 32806
8pm Belltime

EVOLVE 21
Saturday, June 1st
Edge Concert Hall
(fomerly known as Plush)
845 University Blvd N.
Jacksonville, FL 32211
8pm Belltime

EVOLVE 22
Sunday, June 2nd
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL 33605
8pm Belltime

EVOLVE Champion AR Fox
-Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano
-Open The United Gate Champions The Young Bucks
-Chuck Taylor
-Samuray Del Sol
-Jon Davis
-Anthony Nese
-EITA (EVOLVE debut)
-Tomahawk T.T. (EVOLVE debut)
-Caleb Konley
-Brian Cage (EVOLVE debut)
-Tommy Taylor
-Lince Dorado
-Shane Strickland (EVOLVE debut)
-Plus more will be added!!!

Kaladin

Just days after winning the top spot at the box office with their action feature Pain & Gain, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Mark Wahlberg are back at it.

The duo are teaming up for a half-hour dramedy pilot set up at HBO about the lives of retired athletes living in Miami, The Hollywood Reporter has learned, with Johnson attached to star.

The untitled Miami athletes project hails from Stephen Levinson (Entourage), who will pen the script and executive produce alongside Mark Wahlberg, Johnson, Dany Garcia and Peter Berg, the latter of whom will direct the pilot. A search is under way for a showrunner, with HBO looking to film the pilot in the fall.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dwayne-johnson-star-hbo-dramedy-450412

Key word: retired.

There needs to be a $5 Wrestling team at King of Trios. Dynamite, Freight Train, and ...

Jake Manning, if he can resolve his differences with Train before KOT. Or Jimmy 'The Snake' Roberts. Would be marvellous to see the whole locker room spill out and get DDT'd.

mechashiva said:
The Evolve tripleshot is looking pretty awesome. EITA and Tomahawk coming up along with Brian Cage and Shane Strickland making their Evolve debuts should shake things up. It's going to be a fun weekend.

Awesome, good to see Brian Cage in EVOLVE - I'd love to see him vs Samuray.

tm24

Yeah, apparently the boys were pissed because Devitt came in as the New Japan jr. champ to great fanfare, but then couldn't wrestle for a week because he got the shits, lol - so when he finally got in the ring, Volador Jr beat the crap out of him, Devitt took it and didn't complain, so there was no problem after that.

His second trip was much better

ibdDGO9tF8L0wx.jpg

he knew the best way to get accepted that time

EDIT: Oh god, Devitt's twitter

Prince Devitt ‏@fergaldevitt 30 Apr
Real Sumo style Yokozuna Devitt on the way to @njpw1972 Dontaku to stomp on @herocaptainnjpw's little willy! pic.twitter.com/Lf6bifINEo

Prince Devitt ‏@fergaldevitt 30 Apr
Stan Hanson said 'Hey Prince, your about as Real as they come..not many fella's made like you anymore'. pic.twitter.com/8R6XvPewTJ

Jake Manning, if he can resolve his differences with Train before KOT. Or Jimmy 'The Snake' Roberts. Would be marvellous to see the whole locker room spill out and get DDT'd.

Yeah I settled on Jimmy too after thinking about it.

Awesome, good to see Brian Cage in EVOLVE - I'd love to see him vs Samuray.

Bookitgabe

Also, GAF, I expect heavy funding for this project from you guys on the One Man Kru, cd/DVD when it goes live.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/584384870/1036695747?token=f1799f33

Regardless of Silas Young's previous "job" history, I am now going to sign him to PWG in my TEW game and have B-Boy job to him before firing his ass. Same with Drake Younger.

Oh wow, this looks awesome - WSU are doing a mixed tag team tournament on iPPV on Saturday the 11th, plus, because LuFisto was injured at the SHIMMER iPPV, the main event is now going to be Jessicka Havoc defending the WSU title against Sami Callihan!

inYuDTpGxDbC3.jpg

http://www.rfvideonow.com/czw/ - $14.99 or $19.99 with the CZW iPPV.

. WSU World Championship: Jessicka Havoc (c) vs Sami Callihan
. Queen & King of the Ring - Round 1: Athena & AR Fox vs Ezavel Suena & Latin Dragon
. Queen & King of the Ring - Round 1: Neveah & Jake Crist vs Cherry Bomb & Pepper Parks
. Queen & King of the Ring - Round 1: Christina von Eerie & MASADA vs Addy Star & Matt Tremont
. Queen & King of the Ring - Round 1: Kimber Lee & Drew Gulak vs Mickie Knuckles & Devon Moore
. Non-Tournament Match: Allysin Kay & Sassy Stephie vs Marti Belle & Lexxus

CVE & MASADA vs Addy & Tremont sounds like it could be really awesome, but I'll definitely be ordering this for the main event.

Regardless of Silas Young's previous "job" history, I am now going to sign him to PWG in my TEW game and have B-Boy job to him before firing his ass. Same with Drake Younger.

Aw, I like Drake. I just wish he'd stop trying to kill himself. B-Boy's always been awful, though.

Kaladin

I wish I could be here to enjoy the WSU/CZW double shot but I'm going to be enjoying some live music on the 11th.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, this looks awesome - WSU are doing a mixed tag team tournament on iPPV on Saturday the 11th, plus, because LuFisto was injured at the SHIMMER iPPV, the main event is now going to be Jessicka Havoc defending the WSU title against Sami Callihan!

http://www.rfvideonow.com/czw/ - $14.99 or $19.99 with the CZW iPPV.

. WSU World Championship: Jessicka Havoc (c) vs Sami Callihan
. Queen & King of the Ring - Round 1: Athena & AR Fox vs Ezavel Suena & Latin Dragon
. Queen & King of the Ring - Round 1: Neveah & Jake Crist vs Cherry Bomb & Pepper Parks
. Queen & King of the Ring - Round 1: Christina von Eerie & MASADA vs Addy Star & Matt Tremont
. Queen & King of the Ring - Round 1: Kimber Lee & Drew Gulak vs Mickie Knuckles & Devon Moore
. Non-Tournament Match: Allysin Kay & Sassy Stephie vs Marti Belle & Lexxus

CVE & MASADA vs Addy & Tremont sounds like it could be really awesome, but I'll definitely be ordering this for the main event.

Aw, I like Drake. I just wish he'd stop trying to kill himself. B-Boy's always been awful, though.

Shit, this looks great, like really great, but I don't know if I'll be able to watch it.

gifcam is the worst thing to happen to the internet.

even more worse than tumblr gifs.

god save us all.

Yeah, it wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to resize the gifs within the program, but that combined with the shitty framerate haven't convinced me. Obviously, it's useful for capturing live streams or games, but I still prefer to record with fraps and make the gif the usual way, even if it is a few more minutes work.

Aiii

So not worth it
Come on now, they are not THAT bad.

The fad will blow over, the program will be optimized and by the time GIF's are obsolete it's gonna be perfect!

Come on now, they are not THAT bad.

The fad will blow over, the program will be optimized and by the time GIF's are obsolete it's gonna be perfect!

They're bad because the majority of NeoGAF doesn't know how to make good gifs, let alone gifs in general. Those people will latch onto Gifcam because it cuts out all the work required to actually make gifs look good, and they'll lazily make tons of bad ones.

It's not like it takes a lot of work to make them, either. Some basic knowledge of programs like GIMP/Photoshop/Jasc/Avidemux/etc is enough to make something that doesn't look like a tumblr reject.

jred2k

Its crazy, the :lol emoticon got banned because people would just post that and add nothing to a conversation. Now we have people doing the same thing, but adding MBs of bandwidth. I've probably seen that nicholsonyes.gif more times than I saw the laughing smiley.

jmdajr

Its crazy, the :lol emoticon got banned because people would just post that and add nothing to a conversation. Now we have people doing the same thing, but adding MBs of bandwidth. I've probably seen that nicholsonyes.gif more times than I saw the laughing smiley.

I probbaly use 10gb of data on my phone a month, and it's mostly because of GIFs I'm sure.

I have unlimited though, so I give no F's.

They're bad because the majority of NeoGAF doesn't know how to make good gifs, let alone gifs in general. Those people will latch onto Gifcam because it cuts out all the work required to actually make gifs look good, and they'll lazily make tons of bad ones.

It's not like it takes a lot of work to make them, either. Some basic knowledge of programs like GIMP/Photoshop/Jasc/Avidemux/etc is enough to make something that doesn't look like a tumblr reject.

Exactly. People now just throwing up anything and everything. The framerate as Bootaaay has mentioned is the worst.

The Devitt episode of Art of Wrestling is well worth a listen - Devitt's a soft spoken kinda guy, but has some good stories about how he got into the Japanese wrestling scene;

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

Colt mentions that Gabe had the chance to book Devitt for ROH - I remember Devitt was on a US tour back in 2006 and was hoping he'd turn up in ROH, but no 'big' indy promotion booked him. Colt says he recommended Devitt to Gabe, who just said "that's a stupid name" and totally dismissed him. Now, he's the biggest Jr. Heavyweight star in the world and Gabe'd absolutely piss his pants at the chance to get him booked on EVOLVE or DGUSA.

New page...DONTAKU!

NJPW, "WRESTLING DONTAKU", 2013.05.03
Fukuoka International Center

iVj7hs5YqfN6j.jpg

17:00 JST | 10:00 CEST | 09:00 BST | 03:00 EDT | 00:00 PDT

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25 to watch live and/or on-demand for a week after broadcast.

Road to Wrestling Dontaku - 04/20/13
Road to Wrestling Dontaku - 04/21/13

0. Yuji Nagata, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Maximo vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo)
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) (c) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)
2. Fale Triumphant Return Match: Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan vs Devitt Army (Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale)
3. IWGP & NWA Heavweight Tag Titles: K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr) (c) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka) vs Muscle Orchestra (Strong Man & Manabu Nakanishi)
4. NEVER Openweight Title: Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tomoaki Honma
5. Special Singles Match: Togi Makabe vs Yujiro Takahashi
6. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata
7. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Karl Anderson
8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Shelton Benjamin
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Minoru Suzuki

listening to now

somedevil

With the recent speculation that The Shield might have a fourth member, one of NXT's top wrestlers made an interesting tweet that could be a hint that he's affiliated with the group. Several days ago, Shield member Seth Rollins tweeted:

"Tearing down that wall. Brick by brick by brick. We don't need no thought control. #BelieveInTheShield #raw"

NXT star Sami Zayn (formerly known as El Generico) responded:

"@WWERollins I believe in the Shield."

Introducing the newest shield member. I don't think it would work unless they give him a cool mask to put on to have on member masked.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
GTA 5 is the Tetsuya Naito of video games. It's been gone for a while, but it's going to change everything when it's back. It comes out in September which is probably when Naito will be back. Wake up hitsujiple

GTA 5 is the Tetsuya Naito of video games. It's been gone for a while, but it's going to change everything when it's back. It comes out in September which is probably when Naito will be back. Wake up hitsujiple

*yawn*, wake me up when Red Dead Redemption II is announced. GTA5 needs to be a radical departure in terms of mission structure and gameplay for me to even consider giving a shit, no matter how pretty it looks.

Aiii said:
I might hate Miz more than I hate Cena.

Miz is pretty bad, but I think the thing I hate about him the most is the fact that he makes me fear that WWE want him to be the next Cena. I could easily see them just pushing and pushing him as a face, regardless of the crowd reactions, until they find a way to make him marketable.

Ithil said:
He hasn't even debuted in NXT, not a chance is he gonna suddenly show up on WWE TV.

Perhaps he's going to bypass NXT altogether? I wouldn't be surprised if WWE thought he was already good enough because Generico is seriously one of the most versatile wrestlers in the world.

Sokantish

I hope its as good as Saint's Row! Or at least San Andreas

Top Bottom