• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Red Dead is boring. 'I hate that Roman wants to hang out, but I totally love riding around on a horse with my camera pointed at the ground to find some dumbass animal for some dumbass challenge that gets me a new hat and not much else'

Bully is the GOAT along with PS2 GTAs

Red Dead is boring. 'I hate that Roman wants to hang out, but I totally love riding around on a horse with my camera pointed at the ground to find some dumbass animal for some dumbass challenge that gets me a new hat and not much else'

Red Dead Redemption's my game of the generation, easily. The best thing Rockstar have ever created, so I'm going to have completely disagree with you on that one.

Also, it speaks to the brilliance and immersive quality of the game's world that I wanted to complete everything on offer and, unlike GTA4, it didn't ever once feel like a chore.

ZeroRay

Red Dead Redemption's my game of the generation, easily. The best thing Rockstar have ever created, so I'm going to have completely disagree with you on that one.

Also, it speaks to the brilliance and immersive quality of the game's world that I wanted to complete everything on offer and, unlike GTA4, it didn't ever once feel like a chore.

I enjoyed riding around the countryside on horse more than anything. Used the stagecoach literally only a handful of times.

Can't say the same thing about not using the taxi's in GTA4 XD.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only piece of media I enjoy that takes place in the Wild West is Wild Wild West.

Shameful shameful shameful

Related; I highly recommend that anyone who has seen Wild Wild West listens to the podcast "How Did This Get Made" for Wild Wild West. It's so obvious that the main character was written to be white and they couldn't figure out how to fit in racist remarks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I feel the exact opposite. The brilliance and immersive quality of the game's world(Liberty City) that I wanted to complete everything on offer and, unlike RDR, it didn't eve once feel like a chore.

and Bully, Vice City, THE WARRYAHS, and San Andreas is the best things Rockstar have created.

I only like Westerns with black cowboys.

django-gifs-13.gif

I enjoyed Uncharted 2, but it got kinda ridiculous towards the end. If I had to name my top three games this gen, I'd go with Red Dead, Demon's Souls & Mushihime-sama Futari.

They did similar with d.bry if I remember correctly.

Yeah, he still went to NXT (when it was actually on TV in the US), but skipped FCW.

Ambrose didn't show up on NXT at all.

He was in FCW for a fair bit, though.

He was on the first season of NXT. Miz was his pro iirc

Daniel Bryan spent less time in developmental than most people that come through.

Of course he spent the first couple of years on television being told "Good night Bryan. Good work. Sleep well. We'll most likely fire you in the morning"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I enjoyed Uncharted 2, but it got kinda ridiculous towards the end. If I had to name my top three games this gen, I'd go with Red Dead, Demon's Souls & Mushihime-sama Futari.
[
Man, I don't know.
Sleeping Dogs, New Vegas, and Yakuza 4 I guess. But GTA 5 could easily topple Sleeping Dogs for me.

Man, I don't know.
Sleeping Dogs, New Vegas, and Yakuza 4 I guess. But GTA 5 could easily topple Sleeping Dogs for me.

Sleeping Dogs was a TON of fun, but I still haven't finished it, or any of the DLC. Really got to replay that soon. Never got around to Yakuza 4, for some reason, even though I played through both 3 & Kenzan in Japanese with a translation guide. I enjoyed exploring New Vegas, but I felt that Fallout 3 was the better game, overall.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been out of the loop, what's the theme or which movie/genre is the basis for GTA 5?

I don't think it's been overly evident yet.

There has been a couple 'Breaking Bad'-y scenes, but they seem like coincidences at best, especially compared to past 'homages'.

Ithil

*yawn*, wake me up when Red Dead Redemption II is announced. GTA5 needs to be a radical departure in terms of mission structure and gameplay for me to even consider giving a shit, no matter how pretty it looks.

Miz is pretty bad, but I think the thing I hate about him the most is the fact that he makes me fear that WWE want him to be the next Cena. I could easily see them just pushing and pushing him as a face, regardless of the crowd reactions, until they find a way to make him marketable.

Perhaps he's going to bypass NXT altogether? I wouldn't be surprised if WWE thought he was already good enough because Generico is seriously one of the most versatile wrestlers in the world.

Sure, but they test them in front of crowds and whatnot. Just from house shows seems really unlikely to me. Even surefire guys like Ambrose had long stays in FCW before they were considered ready for WWE TV.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You mean, the worst piece of media to take place in the wild west is your favourite western? And how can anyone not like The Good, The Bad & The Ugly? You disgust me :|

My parents have the trilogy on BR. It's just a matter of me sitting down to watch it.

McNei1y

Red Dead, Mass Effect 2, and Modern Warfare/Saints Row would be my top of this gen. I can't think of another game that I played for so long and enjoyed it.

somedevil

Sure, but they test them in front of crowds and whatnot. Just from house shows seems really unlikely to me. Even surefire guys like Ambrose had long stays in FCW before they were considered ready for WWE TV.

I don't think he will get called up because everyone is talking about Wyatt coming up soon. I find it funny since that WWE article about a 4th shield member that when Generico made that tweet people think he might be the "4th member."

I don't think he get called up because everyone is talking about Wyatt coming up soon. I find it funny since that WWE article about a 4th shield member that when Generico made that tweet people think he might be the "4th member."

Adding a masked assassin is the next logical step for a team of super-villains, he could be their Storm Shadow.

gurudyne

Had to laugh at the "NO MORE BO!" chants Bo Dallas was getting throughout the 3-way tag match. I don't remember him getting that same sort of hate before he got called up...

I'm concerned they know he's bad, but they're going to give him push after push to get him over with the crowd. Or at least accepted. Hence the RR entry and the Barrett match. Some might say those were failures, but to development, they probably "just weren't enough." More weird stuff is on the way, which will lead us into:

AMBROSE: People say to us, 'What does the Shield mean by justice?'
REIGNS: The truth is, it was never about justice!
ROLLINS: We answer to a HIGHER! POWER!

(MASKED MAN unmasks to reveal)
BO: Hi its me.

Ithil

I don't think he will get called up because everyone is talking about Wyatt coming up soon. I find it funny since that WWE article about a 4th shield member that when Generico made that tweet people think he might be the "4th member."

Wyatt has got to be coming up soon. They seem to be winding down his stable's feud in NXT, and he just had a main event match against Jericho aired this week.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next NXT tapings are his last as an NXT only guy, and they start doing his vignettes soon leading to a debut.

I'm concerned they know he's bad, but they're going to give him push after push to get him over with the crowd. Or at least accepted. Hence the RR entry and the Barrett match. Some might say those were failures, but to development, they probably "just weren't enough." More weird stuff is on the way, which will lead us into:

AMBROSE: People say to us, 'What does the Shield mean by justice?'
REIGNS: The truth is, it was never about justice!
ROLLINS: We answer to a HIGHER! POWER!

(MASKED MAN unmasks to reveal)
BO: Hi its me.

That's what gets me. Why do that? If they know he's shit, just cut your losses. They have tons of people that are good.

Bryan was in FCW for a bit though. He had a match with Kaval http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-h6_oe6lTg . Generico has been at NXT but the house show parts only not the televised parts. They will definitely have him go to the televised parts first then do dark matches before he debuts. Nobody really gets to bypass developmental at all anymore unless your a returning wrestler. The people i can see calling up from NXT is Wyatt, Paige and Ohno. The rest will probably be there for a couple more months before they call up anybody else

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sleeping Dogs was a TON of fun, but I still haven't finished it, or any of the DLC. Really got to replay that soon. Never got around to Yakuza 4, for some reason, even though I played through both 3 & Kenzan in Japanese with a translation guide. I enjoyed exploring New Vegas, but I felt that Fallout 3 was the better game, overall.

Sleeping Dogs is basically the game I always wanted because I grew up watching so many kung fu movies and wanted an awesome game. And GTA is my favorite series, so I basically got both at once. And it's made by the Bully director which I loved so yep. And it has The Verge radio in it which I also love. It's like it was made for me.

You are crazy about liking 3 over NV though outside of 3 being more 'fresh' but NV pretty much took the 3 template and turned it into something awesome. And I generally liked 3 at the time.

Ithil

Loooool, that would be an amazing reveal. He comes across as so awkward in everything he does, I really don't know what they see in him and pairing him with Adrian Neville isn't going to get him back over with the fans.

It sure as shit isn't working. This episode of NXT was hilarious because everything PAC did, the crowd loved, everything Bo did, they hated (with good reason). They see right through that attempt to leech Neville's overness for Bo, and separate their cheers and boos for them.

Bryan was in FCW for a couple of months, by his own request, since he wanted to get the ring rust off before NXT. I think NXT was counted as his developmental time. But since then, I think only Sin Cara has come right to the main roster without any developmental time, and ...yeah, not a good idea.

Loooool, that would be an amazing reveal. He comes across as so awkward in everything he does, I really don't know what they see in him and pairing him with Adrian Neville isn't going to get him back over with the fans.

I nearly died witnessing his little promo about the Bo Barrage on NXT about two weeks ago before his match against Barrett, he couldn't have come off as less of a threat and I could barely make out what he was saying.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I played Sleeping Dogs on console but I want to experience it on PC. Any good deals? Preferably a multi-pack with all the DLC.

Peep the buy/sell/trade thread, it can be had for cheeps.

looks universes better on PC, feels amazing. Console version is a suckfest compared (I loved it on console, married it on PC)

Also whaaat Boots?! New Vegas is about 20 universes better than FO3. FO3 was good, but all it had over NV was the setting. Obsidian are gods of storytelling. Maybe you just don't GET the WILD WEST, pardner!

Top Bottom