• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

strobogo

Banned
Lol look at this joker trying to steal Sunny's birthday thunder.

batista-laugh-o.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Raw wasn't awful at all.

Raw was pretty good actually. The pacing was great, two great matches and a bunch of decent ones. Segments were short and to the point and Heyman and Jericho together is pure gold.

Even The Miz was tolerable.

jmdajr

Raw wasn't awful at all.

Raw was pretty good actually. The pacing was great, two great matches and a bunch of decent ones. Segments were short and to the point and Heyman and Jericho together is pure gold.

Even The Miz was tolerable.

Yeah some decent matches. No HHH but hey, can't be prefect.

I thought it was more than decent. He's got a great drop-kick and moves well in the ring. He even nailed a pretty good Perfect-plex- its too bad they neutered the move by having Cena kick-out but it looked bad-ass.

Cena is the only guy who gets to wrestle an Indy style. All finishers he uses the joy stick to auto kick out of.

strobogo

Banned
Of course John Cena is going to kick out of the Perfect Plex. I mean come on, he can't even win with the Perfect Plex on NXT and Superstars and all of the sudden you guys really think that is a move that is going to put Cena out? Yoshi Tatsu and Justin Gabriel kick out of that move.

Sokantish

Watching RAW now, just finished the Hell No vs Shield match. Pretty awesome match, and I love Daniel Bryan more than ever! Dean Ambrose was pretty good too

Penguin

mouserat

Neo Member
hi guys, I cannot express how long I've been lurking and reading this thread just waiting for my account to be validated. some days I had to write my reply to posts on a small piece of paper and light it on fire just to get it out my system.

hopefully this also means the girl who makes the cute comics was also caught up in the same validation wave and will help break up this sausagefest.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
hi guys, I cannot express how long I've been lurking and reading this thread just waiting for my account to be validated. some days I had to write my reply to posts on a small piece of paper and light it on fire just to get it out my system.

hopefully this also means the girl who makes the cute comics was also caught up in the same validation wave and will help break up this sausagefest.
Let's get this out of the way. Are you a Kane fan?

Still, Randy stayed with the company and, by 1994, was appearing less in the ring and more at the announcer’s table. “What frustrated Randy was he felt he never had a match as good as the Steamboat match,” Lanny says. “He was bored with announcing and thought Shawn Michaels could have that kind of match with him. Randy wanted to do a two-year program building up to a match with Shawn at WrestleMania 12 in 1996. Randy would lose, retire and go back to the announcer’s table.”

Randy was just short of 42 when he presented his proposal but still felt capable of using his physicality to enrapture a crowd. But, his brother claims, the Macho Man was informed that the World Wrestling Federation was in the midst of a “youth movement.”

Wow. I never knew that.

Toki767

Savage/Michaels would've been pretty cool. Though if that happened we never would've gotten the Iron Man match. They should've given it to us at WM 11.

Welcome, new blood! *shakes hand*

And happy birthday Sunflower & slightconfuse :)

I watched the 2nd episode of the Kevin Steen show earlier - this time the guest was Adam Cole (plus, a late appearance from Freight Train!) and he had a great interview with Kevin, talking about how he got started in his young career and his successes in CZW, ROH & PWG. Best part has to be the stories of his training at CZW and Kevin's reactions to some of that shit, like his first day of training consisting of being duct taped to a ringpost and chopped repeatedly by the trainers, or DJ Hyde rushing out to the ring to beat the shit out of Mia Yim (without her knowing) so he could get heat from how over she got after a brutal TLC match with Greg Excellent.

Here, have a .gif of Freight Train eating a doughnut in his PJ's;

ibdYRsHTKzuQ0s.gif

mouserat

Neo Member
seems like the Heyman/Jericho/Punk segment from last night was unanimously praised, which I don't get. I know we're supposed to be happy because, yay, IWC sanctioned matchup for Payback, but I thought their exchange was laboured and stunk of desperation; like, they can't actually have Punk back yet because he's busy getting less in shape and watching live sports, but they are too afraid of how empty the product seems without him. seemed like a last minute segment which Heyman and Jericho couldn't prepare for. they're both so good at telling a story but l thought last night just fell totally flat, super forced and the reason for the match is tenuous at best, disingenuous at worst.

Jericho: 'Where's CM Punk? Our catchphrases clash! I want to fight him again for... reasons!'

seemed like a really cheap way for WWE to have their cake and eat it too. now you won't stop watching because Punk is confirmed coming back, but he still has the same amount of time off (as if he wasn't going to wrestle in Chicago...). he should have been coming back out of nowhere to a crazy big pop and into an exciting new angle to REFRESH the horrible stale product, not just gradually slotting back in to the upper midcard to have a match we've seen before (it will still be good) for no particular reason.

Wait, petrol? Are you a fellow Brit like myself?

born and bred! but from the top part. the part with the tartan skirts, blood sausage, rolling hills, endemic alcoholism and knife crime.

Dear Sunflower,

Happy birthday. I hope you give someone a Batista bomb. And then like wrestlers better than Batista. Someone like Matt Hardy.

Forever yours,

- FallingEdge

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dear Sunflower,

Happy birthday. I hope you give someone a Batista bomb. And then like wrestlers better than Batista. Someone like Matt Hardy.

Forever yours,

- FallingEdge

Was Batista a poor wrestler, or was he the master of the big man domain?

(also thank you, went to the gym :( )

Here, have a .gif of Freight Train eating a doughnut in his PJ's;

ibdYRsHTKzuQ0s.gif

Dude. You just embarrassed the hell out of anyone else who wanted to hand out birthday wishes. I mean, how the hell are we supposed to compete with THAT? Steal Bautista's sunglasses from his heel title run, have them dipped in solid gold, and get them delivered to Sunflower via a nude 80's-era Sunny look-alike?

Well, fuck...happy birthday anyway, Sunflower and slightconfuse...I GUESS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dude. You just embarrassed the hell out of anyone else who wanted to hand out birthday wishes. I mean, how the hell are we supposed to compete with THAT? Steal Bautista's sunglasses from his heel title run, have them dipped in solid gold, and get them delivered to Sunflower via a nude 80's-era Sunny look-alike?

Well, fuck...happy birthday anyway, Sunflower and slightconfuse...I GUESS.

If you don't think I would be on Cloud Nine after that you need to reassess the situation.

That would be...the greatest thing ever

Randy misunderstanding how far they wanted to take the youth movement is rumoured to be why he was fired.

He was not fired. The WWF didn't do guaranteed contracts until they signed Brian Pillman. His proposed feud with Shawn Michaels getting shot down is obviously what prompted him to see if WCW was interested. Vince wanted Savage to stay as a commentator, but Savage still wanted to wrestle. Vince even did a thing on Monday Night Raw saying goodbye to him in 1994 after Savage signed with WCW. It used to be floating around on YouTube.

Top Bottom