• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

somedevil

edit, good impact on Luke Harper's lariat this week;

i8KTNgiQGSXjM.gif

Now, if only Regal can teach the other commentators that it's a lariat, not a clothesline.

yeah yeah yeah

jred2k

Has anyone else noticed that Rene Young is pretty good? She comes across as very natural in her presentation style, probably the best 'broadcast journalist' sort WWE have had in a long while.

She seems to genuinely enjoy wrestling and getting to interact with the wrestlers. She hosted a post-Raw analysis show for a while in Canada too so shes familiar with the product.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The more I see the lariat there the less I like it - he almost completely stops after the rotation.

Since Boots is the Lariat Librarian - any Lariats where the person jumps away from the victim, facing the crowd, then turns and springs back and nails em? Weird request, I know.

strobogo

Banned
You could tell the GAF Dave Meltzer was an imposter because he detested women's wrestling. He could have at least kept up the gimmick and waffled on about how All Japan Women's Wrestling was awesome and Hokutu vs Kandori was the best match he ever saw live. You know what? I don't think I ever saw him star rate a single match, either.

Huh, that's pretty impressive. Only 5 years off Hansen's record - he signed a contract in 1981 for a single tour of All Japan, but worked for Giant Baba for 20 years straight until his retirement in 2001. </hansenfacts>

I think the more obvious proof was that Evad Meltzer hated tag team wrestling.

Luke Harper's lariat is bunk. He might as well not even do the spin and he usually has pretty light impact anyway.

Kaladin

At least he set up the lariat with his superior big boot this time. When he does the sequence, with someone who can sell it, it's good.

Since Boots is the Lariat Librarian - any Lariats where the person jumps away from the victim, facing the crowd, then turns and springs back and nails em? Weird request, I know.

Not in Stan's war crate, at least, but someone somewhere could've used a variation like that, I guess. Stan's 3 were the full Western Lariat (complete with elbow pad readjustment and HEEEWWWWWWWWW!! holler), his quick, outta-nowhere Lariat and the legendary, bur rarely seen, LARIATOOOO of DOOM off the top turnbuckle.

strobogo

Banned
Not in NXT. He never puts any stank on it. As I was catching up with NXT, the first time I saw him win a match with that I couldn't understand why this dude just won a match with a weak clothesline. Then he did it on the next show and Regal/terrible dude made it sound like this devastating move despite harder lariats in the SKIRTS matches.

Yeah for any canadians who watch sports, Renee is very familiar. She was one of the people on The Score and she was always a wrestling fan. Still liked her better when she was Renee Paquette though lol. Name changes are annoying when TV personalities do it.

Adam Cole signs a new contract with ROH;

Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC is happy to announce that former ROH World Television Champion, ADAM COLE has signed a new contract with ROH.

When signing Cole had this to say "Resigning with Ring of Honor is exciting for me on many levels. Getting to continue my journey in the best wrestling company in the world has my motivation and drive at an all time high. If you want to be the best, you prove it in Ring of Honor. And that's exactly what I plan on doing."

Good for him - I guess the WWE try-out didn't pan out for him, but at 23 he's immensely talented and only a few years into his career. I'm certain he'll be in the WWE one day.

Emma looks like Kenneth the Page

Man, now I can't un-see it. FFS.

strobogo

Banned
Sorry guy, I finished up 30 Rock a few days ago and that's all I can see when I watch NXT. That goofy mother fucker's face. GOD DAMN IT why does Vader have a kid that looks like Miz?

Kaladin

Adam Cole signs a new contract with ROH;

Good for him - I guess the WWE try-out didn't pan out for him, but at 23 he's immensely talented and only a few years into his career. I'm certain he'll be in the WWE one day.

Adam Cole needs more time in the indies before he's ready for WWE. He'll get there eventually....give it a couple of years.

Ithil

I'm not going to name names, but there's a person notorious for whining that's currently banned and I really hope it's permanent because gaming side has been a lot better without them.

I had enough of that guy after he bitched and moaned and declared how terrible Hitman Absolution would obviously be for about a year, then it came out and shock, he didn't like it.

Pointless negativity.

somedevil

How are they going to tape two episodes of Impact and start one at 9pm EST live? It will run the taping till 1am if they tape them in order.

It was not really "live" anymore before the time change. They really started at 7pm and then put the show on at 8pm on Spike and called it live. So most likely they can start the show at 7:30 or 8 pm now for the time change.

strobogo

Banned
Literally the only good thing about Bo is that he rocks the cowboy boot styled wrestling boots. That's actually initially what made me take a liking to Husky Harris. Everything else about him sucks.

Holy shit, Pettengill is the host of the In Your House set! Lol a "Bob Holly couldn't drive a go kart" sign in the first 10 rows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DWG3 is dope as fuck (so was 2) but WO3 is the kingu

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yep. Once I got Achilles in my team it was like 'how am I supposed to go back to bullshit Dynasty Warriors and its girly men now?'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, -I- liked him and I look forward to his return in GWF 2.0.

SWERVE

Top Bottom