• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm not going to name names, but there's a person notorious for whining that's currently banned and I really hope it's permanent because gaming side has been a lot better without them.

Regarding the Colt/ disco inferno match? Colt should smash disco. I didn't know disco still wrestled..lol

My buddy went to Vegas earlier this year and while at a strip club he saw Disco managing the floor of the place. I was also unaware that Disco still put on the bell bottoms.

My buddy went to Vegas earlier this year and while at a strip club he saw Disco managing the floor of the place. I was also unaware that Disco still put on the bell bottoms.
That's pretty cool he's still likes to put on the attire. I met Rikishi in Vegas last year. He looked in great shape.

KissVibes

Banned
Do you guys think we're on the verge of the divas division actually becoming respectable any time in the near future, or will it always play second fiddle to the men's division, with female wrestlers told not to upstage the men or spend too much time in a match?

It'll always be second fiddle to men's wrestling. It would be interesting to see Smackdown become more female-focused if the roster is ever deep enough. I hope they drop the "Diva" name. They're superstars. They fight for women's titles. They should do more intergender wrestling too as the roster fills out with credible talents.

LET'S SMASH ALL GENDER BARRIERS!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Fighting games. With the exception of Dragonball Z Budokai 3 they've always bored me. I always looked at them as incredibly shallow experiences compared to other games since you're always in a tiny area just fighting 1 guy. While I realize that that's the entire point, it's boring after a few minutes.
Agreed.

It's a shame Derrick had to be such a bastion of negativity, he occasionally had some good points if I say so myself and he'd at least elaborate on them, far far worse out there in gaming. Odd that he still played all the stuff he'd complain about, maybe he just wanted more excuses to complain....hmm, maybe that's why I still watch Raw!
Hang on, did he just diss platformers in that post Panda quoted? the line has been crossed!

I know I'm repeating myself every time I watch a Ricochet match, but guys, Ricochet is seriously amazing;

iUy3cIqrEbbn2.gif

The match with Devitt was real fun, Ricochet was surprisingly over as hell with the crowd, while Devitt and the BULLET CLUB were garnering a ton of heat. The post-match promos from Devitt & Co. were freaking AWESOME. I loved watching them bully the journalists in the back.

Here is a good theory/explaination of what's going on in CHIKARA right now and why you pretty much have to buy it on Sunday.

http://olewrestling.com/chikara-wrestling/never-compromise-is-going-to-be-huge.htm

This is an amazing explanation of the whole Archibald Peck time travel storyline.

http://olewrestling.com/chikara-wrestling/the-end-of-archibald-peck.htm

Apparently someone is offering answers.

http://olewrestling.com/chikara-wrestling/chikara-answers.htm

There's also a podcast the Ole Wrestling guy has done talking about his CHIKARA theories;

"Rich Kraetsch talks with Vince Morales of OleWrestling.com about what very well may be the end of CHIKARA as we know it this Sunday at Never Compromise. The guys discuss Archibald Peck's involvement, time travel theories, where Mike Quackenbush falls in, why there are no tickets available for future events, how the Wrestling Is promotions are involved and much more!"

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2013/05/30/chikara-insanity-vince-morales-olewrestling-com/

Pavaloo

Wait, all this time, the Dave Meltzer that posted here was he the same as the guy from the wrestling observer website? Seriously?
He's the Derrick that hates Kane.

Fuckin' LOL

Yeah, speaking of game side: I just can't go over there now. Everybody's been wronged and is out for blood. CONSOLE WARS

jred2k

I think Derrick thought people really wanted to know what he had to say about a game or he just craved attention. He always seemed kind of annoying, but he really jumped the shark that one time he created a LttP thread like two weeks after a game came out cause he didn't want people to miss the chance to see his opinion in the OT.

You could tell the GAF Dave Meltzer was an imposter because he detested women's wrestling. He could have at least kept up the gimmick and waffled on about how All Japan Women's Wrestling was awesome and Hokutu vs Kandori was the best match he ever saw live. You know what? I don't think I ever saw him star rate a single match, either.

I can't believe Kane has wrestled with one contact in for 15 years now.

Huh, that's pretty impressive. Only 5 years off Hansen's record - he signed a contract in 1981 for a single tour of All Japan, but worked for Giant Baba for 20 years straight until his retirement in 2001. </hansenfacts>

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You could tell the GAF Dave Meltzer was an imposter because he detested women's wrestling. He could have at least kept up the gimmick and waffled on about how All Japan Women's Wrestling was awesome and Hokutu vs Kandori was the best match he ever saw live. You know what? I don't think I ever saw him star rate a single match, either.

Huh, that's pretty impressive. Only 5 years off Hansen's record - he signed a contract in 1981 for a single tour of All Japan, but worked for Giant Baba for 20 years straight until his retirement in 2001. </hansenfacts>

Contact not contract. As in that little white eye.

NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XX - DAY 4", 2013.05.30
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,480 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2nzb5

01. Best of the Super Jr - Block A: Taichi vs Hiromu Takahashi
02. Best of the Super Jr - Block B: TAKA Michinoku vs Brian Kendrick
03. Best of the Super Jr - Block B: BUSHI vs Tiger Mask
04. Best of the Super Jr - Block A: Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs Titan
05. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan vs BULLET CLUB (Karl Anderson & Bad Luck Fale)
06. Best of the Super Jr - Block B: Alex Koslov vs KUSHIDA
07. Best of the Super Jr - Block A: Rocky Romero vs Alex Shelley
08. Best of the Super Jr - Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi vs Kenny Omega
09. Best of the Super Jr - Block A: Prince Devitt vs Ricochet

Day 1-3 also hosted on the site/uploader?

Sorry, at work atm and can't watch =/

I thought it was obvious from the beginning. Real Dave doesn't have the time to troll or play videogames.

Edit: Oh and thanks Bootaaay for the full Final Burning show and BosJ Day 4.

Has anyone else noticed that Rene Young is pretty good? She comes across as very natural in her presentation style, probably the best 'broadcast journalist' sort WWE have had in a long while.

*edit, good impact on Luke Harper's lariat this week;

i8KTNgiQGSXjM.gif

Now, if only Regal can teach the other commentators that it's a lariat, not a clothesline.

I thought it was obvious from the beginning. Real Dave doesn't have the time to troll or play videogames.

Shit, I don't read gaming side beyond the OP's. It's just like youtube - watch the video, but don't scroll down and read the crazy in the comments.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Of course it takes 2 years for the planet to orbit before he hits the lariat but hey.

Top Bottom