• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Sephzilla

or they could just...you know...remind people of the history that Kane and Undertaker have via promos and buildup

i know that's foreign to a lot of young bucks around here, but back when i was watching they had these things called "packages" that let you know how important a match was

WWE very rarely acknowledges anything that extends further than 6 months prior, unless it's a rematch from Wrestlemania.

What would happen in real-life, WWE would try to make you forget that Kane has lost to Taker at Wrestlemania already kind of like how they tried to ignore that Biker Taker beat HHH at Wrestlemania already.

Kane/Taker is often the exception to WWE's forget everything about the past rule, their 2010 feud was billed as Kane's master plan built for over a decade to finally usurp his superior brother waiting for the sign of Taker's weakness (apparently WM26 was the trigger) so he could take him out for good and reign supreme as the devils favourite demon which was of course was made up on the fly as opposed to actually planned but WWE took things right back to the Kane's debut and then some for this feud, Paul Bearer and all that jazz, the feud was like one big celebration of Kane/Taker.

On one hand it was great that Kane actually got to win every match instead of the usual, though there was always a screwy reason why Taker lost.
NoC: Taker still reeling from his Vegetated state
HiaC: Bearer Heel Turn
Bragging Rights: Nexus bury Taker because reasons, it's never mentioned again, Taker turns up a few months later like nothing happened.
So that feud ended on a bum note, unfortunately Taker had a minor injury for the whole feud so the matches which tend to be hit or miss between the bros veered on the side of miss all feud long (though NoC wasn't that bad, it tried to be an Attitude Era brawl in an era where it just didn't work as well).
If Taker can get mad depressed over beating HHH at WM then i'm sure he can be miffed about Kane potentially leaving the sibling rivalry with the last laugh, Kane meanwhile can aim to go that one step further to not just head out on top but take the streak with him to truly "defeat" Taker. Bang, we have a final feud that can coast on history alone as well as making some semblance of sense to be renewed.

Or we could have Bork/Calloway in a battle of best pure striker in WWE history where i'm supposed to accept that Old Man Mark can out brawl the Borkster, I actually have an easier time believing that he's an undead fella with supernatural powers.
Cena/Taker is long overdue as an actual match but you can smell the shitty build from here, Cena respecting the hell out of the streak whilst simultaneously smirking the shit out of it, "it's not even a real streak, the results are predetermined, Mark's just using pyro effects!"
If it happens then Troll Cena is the best thing that could happen to it

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane/Taker is often the exception to WWE's forget everything about the past rule, their 2010 feud was billed as Kane's master plan built for over a decade to finally usurp his superior brother waiting for the sign of Taker's weakness (apparently WM26 was the trigger) so he could take him out for good and reign supreme as the devils favourite demon which was of course was made up on the fly as opposed to actually planned but WWE took things right back to the Kane's debut and then some for this feud, Paul Bearer and all that jazz, the feud was like one big celebration of Kane/Taker.

On one hand it was great that Kane actually got to win every match instead of the usual, though there was always a screwy reason why Taker lost.
NoC: Taker still reeling from his Vegetated state
HiaC: Bearer Heel Turn
Bragging Rights: Nexus bury Taker because reasons, it's never mentioned again, Taker turns up a few months later like nothing happened.
So that feud ended on a bum note, unfortunately Taker had a minor injury for the whole feud so the matches which tend to be hit or miss between the bros veered on the side of miss all feud long (though NoC wasn't that bad, it tried to be an Attitude Era brawl in an era where it just didn't work as well).
If Taker can get mad depressed over beating HHH at WM then i'm sure he can be miffed about Kane potentially leaving the sibling rivalry with the last laugh, Kane meanwhile can aim to go that one step further to not just head out on top but take the streak with him to truly "defeat" Taker. Bang, we have a final feud that can coast on history alone as well as making some semblance of sense to be renewed.

Or we could have Bork/Calloway in a battle of best pure striker in WWE history where i'm supposed to accept that Old Man Mark can out brawl the Borkster, I actually have an easier time believing that he's an undead fella with supernatural powers.
Cena/Taker is long overdue as an actual match but you can smell the shitty build from here, Cena respecting the hell out of the streak whilst simultaneously smirking the shit out of it, "it's not even a real streak, the results are predetermined, Mark's just using pyro effects!"
If it happens then Troll Cena is the best thing that could happen to it
Exactly.

Ithil

i7Y0uMn1bW9qE.gif

We need RAW to get Borked.

Ithil

Is it normal to use other people's catchprases when they aren't related at all to the promo?

It would be like Stone Cold cutting a promo on the Rock and suddenly going "and WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT? HEAD!"

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I turned it off. I can't handle this shit.

I cannot stand watching this fucking douchebag on my TV any more.

later

Top Bottom