• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
build the shield up for months, then job them out to a solo Cena on a Raw where the match isn't even a main event

i'm out

fuck this

I may come in this thread to hang out some because you guys are cool, but fuck WWE.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I like how they keep chipping away all the "big deal" ness of beating the Shield. Instead of them being undefeated, now Ambrose has lost a singles match, so they're only undefeated as a team, then they're only undefeated as a team overall because they've lost men in elimination tags. Then they're only undefeated as a team overall in full pinfalls, as they've lost team matches by DQ.

So.....any impact of "beating the Shield" is gone.
It's better to do it this way than the predictable squashing of the Shield that will inevitably happen.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
build the shield up for months, then job them out to a solo Cena on a Raw where the match isn't even a main event

i'm out

fuck this

I may come in this thread to hang out some because you guys are cool, but fuck WWE.

HSLuX.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God

i'm out

fuck this

We get one or two of these posts every RAW.

You're not going anywhere.

Ithil

It's better to do it this way than the predictable squashing of the Shield that will inevitably happen.

The best way to do it was some team, not a guy but a team, that really needs it, beats them, and until then they're completely undefeated. None of these stale main event guys like Cena or Orton. Maybe a face team from NXT comes up.

Better than "the Shield are technically undefeated if you apply these four or so parameters".

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The best way to do it was some team, not a guy but a team, that really needs it, beats them, and until then they're completely undefeated. None of these stale main event guys like Cena or Orton. Maybe a face team from NXT comes up.

Better than "the Shield are technically undefeated if you apply these four or so parameters".
Yeah, but that face team isn't coming. RAW is already crowded enough. They don't need another face team. And would they just be some random team, or would it be a new stable?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
We get one or two of these posts every RAW.

You're not going anywhere.

i'm not one of you guys who has been watching for ages

I was casual enough that hearing the Rock was coming back brought me back, then I caught Punk's pipe bomb that hooked me. Punk isn't on TV, and in any case they job him and everybody else to Cena no matter what. Why on Earth should I watch something that's just going to frustrate me? The endgame of every single person's career is to lose to John Cena. Why should I give a fuck?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
i'm not one of you guys who has been watching for ages

I was casual enough that hearing the Rock was coming back brought me back, then I caught Punk's pipe bomb that hooked me. Punk isn't on TV, and in any case they job him and everybody else to Cena no matter what. Why on Earth should I watch something that's just going to frustrate me? The endgame of every single person's career is to lose to John Cena. Why should I give a fuck?
I'm not saying you should. Hell, you shouldn't. Stop watching.

I'm just saying you won't stop.

Ithil

Yeah, but that face team isn't coming. RAW is already crowded enough. They don't need another face team. And would they just be some random team, or would it be a new stable?

I've always thought the Shield, given how they're operated, should only have been beaten by another stable that's as well coordinated as a team as they are. The whole thing behind the Shield is they win because they work together, not because they cheat or whatever, and no group of random super faces thrown together could stop their team effort.

Cena throwing them all around while they fumble about like goons makes zero sense given the last 5-6 months of the Shield's TV and PPV time.

ecurbj

I like Big E. His theme is catchy as Hell too. It's a shame he is heel on RAW and SmackDown but face on NXT.

FIVE, FIVE FIVE!

I wonder if they'll turn Ziggler/Big E face after the concussion. I think there might be an opportunity especially if Swagger wins the contender's match.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I've always thought the Shield, given how they're operated, should only have been beaten by another stable that's as well coordinated as a team as they are. The whole thing behind the Shield is they win because they work together, not because they cheat or whatever, and no group of random super faces thrown together could stop their team effort.

Cena throwing them all around while they fumble about like goons makes zero sense given the last 5-6 months of the Shield's TV and PPV time.
You want sense? You want good entertainment? Go read a Dostoevsky novel.

You're in the wrong place.

somedevil

Just enjoy the fact that they will be getting all the titles on Sunday and they actually pinned Cena clean which is a rarity.

I just hated couldn't they have Ryback cost him the match instead of Cena trying to relive his Nexus dominance again.

gurudyne

I wonder if they'll turn Ziggler/Big E face after the concussion.

I hope not. The last thing we need is Ziggler's teary-eyed confession that he was doing it for the WWE Universe the whole time followed by every subsequent promo being about how he wants to live up to our belief in him. Better he just ignore the heel/face stuff entirely like Kane and DBry have been. Do your own thing, be a character instead of a standard polar opposite of random dude #8.

Top Bottom