• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

What can't be followed in this thread? Mark is pretty much the only 'insider' term used around here.
What can't be followed in Popgaf? I understand things just fine in there. They talk about ratings/chart numbers just like we talk about ratings/PPV buyrates. They show twitter feeds just like we do. They talk about silly "Stans" like we talk about silly "marks." Same things but with a different topic.
It was also a tumblr gif
And look how much it was used!

...maybe Plywood was wrong.

I finally made gifs of my favorite Vince moment. They're terrible but its a start!

vincehuuip.gif

vince2w4uu5.gif

somedevil

We sure she's not a Hulkamaniac from way back?

Well she is a big Mark for him now. Just look at the Aces and Eights storyline. They beat up all the faces like Storm, Park, Hardy, Magnus and Joe. Now its up to 114 year old combined ages of Sting and Hogan to stop their threat! Bully was no match for Hogan's punches and Sting took out 8 of them by himself with just a bat!

Ithil

Is Kofi Kingston able to do flips? It seems from seeing him for years, that he can jump, but that's all, just jump straight up and flop to the ground.

Is Kofi Kingston able to do flips? It seems from seeing him for years, that he can jump, but that's all, just jump straight up and flop to the ground.

Wildcats don't flip, they pounce!

But this is an interesting observation, he probably can flip but just favours the big leaps instead.

strobogo

Banned
via Imgflip GIF Maker

So gross. I think I'm going to stick to watching Shield, D-Bryne, Punk, and Claudio matches that get more than a few minutes. I enjoyed Taker vs Ambrosia and Shield vs Kane/Dragon/Cean. I didn't see Brothers of Yestruction vs Shield. Was it better than this week's main event?

somedevil

Some News and Notes:

A key WWE official was claiming within the business world that the show did 750,000 buys in North America, which would be a small increase over last year, if that number ends up being accurate. It would be the second largest domestic total of the year, trailing the Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz fight three weeks earlier. It will greatly trail the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Robert Guerrero fight this coming weekend, which will almost certainly be the biggest PPV event for the entire year.

Mattel’s WWE action figures are now the No. 1 action figure property in the U.S.

Some notes on ratings for Saturday Morning Slam and Main Event. For total audience, Saturday Morning Slam numbers were 1,085,000 viewers on 3/16, 1,092,000 viewers on 3/23, 949,000 on 3/30, 965,000 on 4/6 and 1,055,000 on 4/13. Interesting that the day before Mania numbers were smaller than usual. For Main Event, it was 1,343,000 on 3/20, 1,231,000 on 3/27, 1,140,000 on 4/3 (the show before Mania which in this case was almost all repeated material), 1,341,000 on 4/10 and 1,220,000 on 4/17. So Main Event these days, with an hour of basically throw-away matches and no angles, is doing along the same lines as what Impact does for total viewers, and ahead of the last season of Ultimate Fighter on FX. Of the three networks, FX is the strongest, followed by Ion and Spike would be third, since Ultimate Fighter this past season did well below the network average (although TUF did big numbers in Males 18-34 in particular), Main Event does right at the network average (0.8 rating on a network that generally averages an 0.8 in prime time), while Impact does well above the network average. Ion is available in more homes than Spike. But not a ton more, as 101.4 million U.S. homes get Ion and 98.6 million that get Spike and FX is just below that.

Its sad that basically Impact is a 3rd tier WWE Show. Main Event basically gets or beats impact viewer numbers.

edit: Raw Ratings Breakdown:

In the segment-by-segment, Ricardo Rodriguez vs. Zeb Colter vs. Big E Langston opened at a 3.10. Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes lost 10,000 viewers. Brie Bella vs. Naomi lost 136,000 viewers. An interesting note is the script for the show called for Nikki to be the one wrestling and Brie being the one who switched in for the pin, and the announcers called it Nikki and not Brie when they were talking about the match coming up next. The Shield interview, with 3MB coming out as well as Kane & Daniel Bryan coming out, gained 431,000 viewers to a 3.31 quarter at 9 p.m. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston lost 326,000 viewers. Backstage stuff as well as the promotional video building the Brock Lesnar vs. HHH match showing HHH pedigreeing Paul Heyman lost 175,000 viewers. Jack Swagger vs. Zack Ryder and the Mark Henry tug-of-war segment with Tensai and Brodus Clay gained 270,000 viewers. The reason the announcers brought up and were talking about a bullrope match and not a tug-of-war, is because the script listed this as a bullrope match. However, they must have been clued in on tug-of-war since they did their tug-of-war research and had notes, so I’m guessing they were told tug-of-war, did their research and notes, then were told later it was changed to a bullrope match (explaining why they talked about it and why it was in the script), and then it ended up a tug-of-war. Henry vs. Sheamus in a tug-of-war gained 102,000 viewers at 10 p.m., which is weak for the slot, which did a 3.21 quarter. Alberto Del Rio vs. Antonio Cesaro lost 408,000 viewers. The Fandango vs. Great Khali dance contest gained 44,000 viewers. John Cena & Bryan & Kane vs. The Shield in the main event gained 513,000 viewers, which is an average overrun, ending at 3.32.

Basically the major gains were for the Shield and Hell No and Cena match. Also Del Rio can't draw for some reason.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The only wrestling toys I ever bought were Kinnikuman/M.U.S.C.L.E. toys.
PNWGKEG.jpg

mo8qsQ7l.jpg

Greatness.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I finally made gifs of my favorite Vince moment. They're terrible but its a start!

http://abload.de/img/vincehuuip.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/vince2w4uu5.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I was there!

it was the RAW tapings right after the Raw where DX invaded WCW

I'm actually in that gif!

Sokantish

She falls into that position all too well, almost as if from muscle memory... she must do a lot of yoga.

Plywood, I'm not sure but I think you were implying something else. Something that Aiii would not tolerate! You better back off, BROTHER.

Top Bottom