• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

ObdM2oUm.jpg

Striker

Seems to be the consensus. I don't agree, though. He's okay.

His body has definitely taken a beating in the final years of his career, but he was easily the best heel in the company (Jericho too when he returned) for, I don't know, the longest time. There hasn't been really a good one in quite a while, either. One of the many issues of the company now.

And everything being so formulaic and laid out to a tee.

Zach

His body has definitely taken a beating in the final years of his career, but he was easily the best heel in the company (Jericho too when he returned) for, I don't know, the longest time. There hasn't been really a good one in quite a while, either. One of the many issues of the company now.

And everything being so formulaic and laid out to a tee.
I thought Jericho was much better. Almost great at times, really. Which I was not expecting.

Anth0ny

I like it. Dude is a wrestling artist

Know what NJPW called Katsuyori Shibata?

"The Wrestler" Katsuyori Shibata... no one bitched about that

The Wrestler is fucking badass!

I actually don't mind "The Artist". But it becomes annoying when the PR spouting robots at commentary beat it the fuck to death in a week, then keep on beating it for the rest of time.

No one bitched about Shibata because they weren't saying The Wrestler Katsuyori Shibata every fifteen seconds. In WWE it feels like they aren't allowed to say Nakamura's name without saying the artist known as.

Jabronie

These wcpw dudes got Takahashi for the Japanese bracket? Damn.

Hope they book Scurll vs Pentagon when the main tournament or whatever starts, I need that in my veins.

Pikma

Banned
This UK tapings thing looks like the cheapest most rushed shit WWE has ever produced

Fucking plastic chairs lmao

somedevil

NXT chicago card as of now:

Itami vs Roode
Asuka vs Ruby vs Nikki vs Ember?
AOP vs DIY ladder match
Uk title match

It needs one more match plus someone in the stands they just signed. Hojo maybe?

When writing about Hojo's announcement, Meltzer mentioned that Shirai hasn't signed with WWE "at this point".

Seems like there's still some jockeying going on.

Could you imagine if the Takeover crowd shot was both of them?

When writing about Hojo's announcement, Meltzer mentioned that Shirai hasn't signed with WWE "at this point".

Seems like there's still some jockeying going on.

Could you imagine if the Takeover crowd shot was both of them?
Is there a chance the delay of the tournament is because they're still trying to get Shirai?

They never delayed the tournament for Ibushi though. It was always planned to happen when it did.

They pushed it back multiple times (not for him though, you're right). Before it got officially announced I had heard about it like three-four years back. First it was a show like 205 Live, then it was a tourney, then it was a TUF-style show, then a tourney, etc etc etc

I had that thought for a moment, but man I can't remember the last time WWE let a talent dictate their own schedule like that.

That would speak volumes about how much they want her though.
I could see it especially since I'm about 98% sure if they got her, she'd be the automatic lock to win the whole thing.

WWE are banking on this if the rumors of a women centric show are true. They'll want as many stars as they can get.

Stardom would be ridiculously fucked if WWE gets the women they want from them. IIRC Hojo, Shirai, Storm, Tessa, and I think Kris Wolf were on a prelim list for the tournament.

I'm fairly certain they'd go after Mayu if she wasn't about to retire.

Top Bottom