• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Sephzilla

I honestly don't understand how the Sonic franchise is still going on. The games have been garbage for ages.

By ages, I mean Sonic was never really that good in the first place and was only elevated because of Sega's marketing to make him seem like the Mario rival. The Genesis Sonic games were alright but they weren't Mario 3 or Mario World

Also during Nitro, a really strange thing happened with Brian Pillman that may finally lead to the end of him in WCW. During a tag match, Pillman and Sullivan stopped selling for each other and eventually tagged out. When they got back in, the match completely fell apart as the two seemed to be shooting on each other. At one point, Sullivan went to gouge Pillman's eyes when Arn Anderson jumped in to separate it, shouting "Not the eye!" Pillman kept not selling things and eventually walked out on the match. Backstage afterward, Pillman and Sullivan reportedly had words, with Pillman complaining that Sullivan wasn't selling for him. Pillman has been dangerously close to getting fired for weeks now for his erratic behavior.

There was an incident at the hotel in Orlando where all the WCW wrestlers were staying, when a man held a woman hostage in a hotel room and later threw her out and barricaded himself in. The SWAT teams showed up and evacuated the entire hotel, including many of the wrestlers. They eventually tear gassed the guy out. What's notable about the incident is that Brian Pillman (of course) stayed in character outside the hotel the whole time and kept trying to get back in so he could apprehend the suspect himself. After police got the guy and brought him out, Pillman kept trying to get close and was giving the guy the 4-finger Four Horseman signal as they put him in the police car.

Pillman pls.

Heroman

Banned
I honestly don't understand how the Sonic franchise is still going on. The games have been garbage for ages.

By ages, I mean Sonic was never really that good in the first place and was only elevated because of Sega's marketing to make him seem like the Mario rival.
Seph, you know this is wrong.

hqdefault.jpg

900 numbers were reserved for any phone service that would charge money back to the phone bill

That Sting pic could just be from a sex hotline.

By ages, I mean Sonic was never really that good in the first place and was only elevated because of Sega's marketing to make him seem like the Mario rival. The Genesis Sonic games were alright but they weren't Mario 3 or Mario World
The same can be said for Mario.

Seph please, don't go down this route.

joker3782

Neo Member
So am I the only hyped for Sonic Forces? Been a big fan of the Sonic franchise, even after 06 made me go off the series for a bit. I don't mind original the character do not steal being added as I like the gameplay shown so far. I never found the friends annoying (apart from Charmy and Big), just the way they played was annoying (mainly talking about the 3D games here). I guess the problem with Sonic is that since they've constantly changed up the gameplay style from game to game, you won'the please everyone as you got subsets of fans liking one style and hating another. I don't get the "Sonic should die, he'said been shit forever" arguement as there have been good sonic games released around the bad one (colours, generations and the handheld ones like rush being some of my recent favourites).

Also the music in the Sonic games are some of the best in the business. Whenever a Sonic game is bad, at least the music is holding up their end.

In your mind, maybe. But they're not fun. Sonic was fun.

Sonic 2 is better than both Mario 2s

Sounds like someone wants to challenge for the World's Wrongest Man title at the next GWF.

So am I the only hyped for Sonic Forces? Been a big fan of the Sonic franchise, even after 06 made me go off the series for a bit. I don't mind original the character do not steal being added as I like the gameplay shown so far. I never found the friends annoying (apart from Charmy and Big), just the way they played was annoying (mainly talking about the 3D games here). I guess the problem with Sonic is that since they've constantly changed up the gameplay style from game to game, you won'the please everyone as you got subsets of fans liking one style and hating another. I don't get the "Sonic should die, he'said been shit forever" arguement as there have been good sonic games released around the bad one (colours, generations and the handheld ones like rush being some of my recent favourites).

Friend, I refer you to my post upthread regarding th Sonic Cycle.

In audio form: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xaZo81-wuS0

I've never been able to wrap my head around Sonic either. The only ones I enjoyed were Colors and Generations and I still think Colors is a classic, actually.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Sonic is one of my favourite gaming franchises. Sonic Forces looks like utter garbage. The Mega Drive games are underrated GOAT tier games(especially 3&K which is straight up the best 16 bit platformer fight me) and Sonic Mania will restore the series to glory. Sonic Team are probably beyond help at this point though. Fucking fire Sonic Team already Sega.

Kaladin

Sonic is the Dean Ambrose of gaming franchises

No, Dean Ambrose would imply that Sonic has never been over and is constantly underperforming. Sonic had a good first run, and even has flashes of it's greatness every now and then, but for the most part runs somewhere between mediocre and ok. Sonic is Seth Rollins.

Top Bottom