• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

A great story can make people care about a match at a higher level. That's obvious.

But you can have a great match without a great story. Nakamura is over enough already (especially when the PPV is in a hot town like Chicago), that the crowd will be super into the match no matter what.

I'm just saying. Nakamura's main roster, in ring debut has had a shit build.

If this was a loser leaves town/goodbye Ziggler forever stip, imagine how much more people would care.

I'm just saying. Nakamura's main roster, in ring debut has had a shit build.

If this was a loser leaves town/goodbye Ziggler forever stip, imagine how much more people would care.

I mean the build to Nakamura's first NXT match was literally "hey look, Nakamura's coming!"

He didn't even physically show up at all before the match.

And that went just fine.

I mean the build to Nakamura's first NXT match was literally "hey look, Nakamura's coming!"

And that went just fine.

It was also against Zayn, who was beloved on NXT and everyone knew it was his last NXT match before the callup.

This is against Ziggler and the build contained a promo about Nakamura being Michael Jackson.

For the record, I'm not saying the match will be bad. It will probably be fine. It is just disappointingly handled.

It was also against Zayn, who was beloved on NXT and everyone knew it was his last NXT match before the callup.

This is against Ziggler and the build contained a promo about Nakamura being Michael Jackson.

That's outside of their control now though. The damage is done on Dolph. No amount of build in six weeks would make people care about him in any significant way.

My point is that the match will almost certainly be a great match. Could it be better? Yeah, every match could be better. But it'll be really good irrelevant of the build.

I'm gonna guess Rusev shows up after Orton retains and attacks him. Cuts a promo next Tuesday in rage of how he was going to take matters into his own hands since Shane wouldn't comply.

somedevil

C__pWBNVwAAQlzl.jpg

ha

It's funny too because Metalik ended up just looking better than Dar and the crowd was getting into him and then they pinned him, which anyone with a brain could have predicted.

At least they are hyping Cedric's return next week.

But they'll probably feud him with Dar again because they have no original ideas.

I am remembering why I stopped watching 205 Live.

Top Bottom