• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Friends, that Hojo/Iwatani match was fantastic. Better than anything on Takeover other than the UK match. Highly, highly recommend you seek it out. Some gifs.

81CS1HT.gif

YEiwl2v.gif

Adree

I find it amusing Meltzer is telling people to broaden their horizons when the only time he watches british wrestlers it's on New Japan or ROH.

Pikma

Banned
"I can't praise enough your match because it was in WWE and great matches exist out of WWE and Mexico has hotter crowds"

His fucking argument makes no sense

That shit in PWG with the Bucks as guest referees would have gotten 5 stars, no doubt in my mind

Adree

If nothing else that Takeover made me a fan of Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate. Outstanding match with the best possible crowd heat you could ever hope for.

Striker

I was watching Vengeance 2006 yesterday which happened like two weeks before he and Sabu got caught in the car. He had a pretty good match with Edge and of course was the WWE Champ.

Then again he was in the middle of the card while DX main evented so maybe he wasn't doing so good.
DX main evented against the Spirit Squad.

They gave no shits unless Cena or H's had the belt.

Dave's excuse is that he would watch more indie wrestling, but subscribers primarily want WWE shit so he has to watch all of that first.

It is annoying though, especially when he does stuff like ignoring Progress Brixton in favour of some WCPW shit just because they had JR and Berty.

Adree

Dave's excuse is that he would watch more indie wrestling, but subscribers primarily want WWE shit so he has to watch all of that first.

It is annoying though, especially when he does stuff like ignoring Progress Brixton in favour of some WCPW shit just because they had JR and Berty.

Those 5 hour MMA ppvs probably cut into his time quite a bit as well.

I love pro wrestling and watch a stupid amount but I could never do what guys like Meltzer do.

Edit- Dave saying indie stuff more over than WWE. Gargano and Ciampa carried the only match with people from performance center who werent from the indies.

Takeover was kinda lame. UK match was the best match on the show, but it wasn't OMG MOTY or anything. Dunne needs to chill with the Daniel Bryan cosplaying...it's a bit much. Hideo and Finn have very similar movesets. They have way too many rock themes. The last Takeover was much better than this one.

Takeover was kinda lame. UK match was the best match on the show, but it wasn't OMG MOTY or anything. Dunne needs to chill with the Daniel Bryan cosplaying...it's a bit much. Hideo and Finn have very similar movesets. They have way too many rock themes. The last Takeover was much better than this one.

Huh?

I thought it was a pretty damn solid show today. Both Dunne vs Bate and Roode vs Itami were fantastic matches and will probably be two of the best WWE matches this year. The ladder match was good too. Womens match was decent but had a bad finish.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Takeover was fantastic. UK match was 5 stars, tag match was amazing as always, Strong vs Young was pretty great too and both other matches were solid. Finish to the womens match was garbage though, and I do wish AOP wouldn't have climbed the ladder so quickly for their finish. Ciampa heel turn totally got me and it was amazing. Had me thinking DIY were about to get called up. Was chanting DIY and clapping at my tv screen as the logo came on then BAM. Perfectly acted from both. I was shocked. Ciampa actually getting heel heat and these days that's not an easy thing to do.

Zach

Dunne vs. Bate was easily worth the price of my ticket tonight.

Absolutely incredible match that had the whole arena jumping out of their seats.

Out of the three events I've been to (WM 27, NXT house show at Center Stage last year, and tonight), that's probably the best live match I've ever seen.
Glad you had fun. You're gonna look like a real buffoon, though, when Nakamura and Ziggler change wrestling as we know it tonight in the universally-acclaimed Match of the Century.

Rewatched Dunne/Bate this morn. Excellent match. These two are special. If they were taller... mamma mia!

Rating:
4 and 3/4 Meltzers

Awesome to see Dunne & Bate getting so much love from the wrestling world. If I'd said a year ago that those guys had the potential to put on the best match on an NXT TakeOver card, the majority of WrassleGAF would have laughed at the idea, called them vanilla midgets, or just shat on the UK wrestling scene in general.

Top Bottom