• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Will you be serious, British Monsoon?!

YBbLT53.gif

Lyng

Glad you had fun. You're gonna look like a real buffoon, though, when Nakamura and Ziggler change wrestling as we know it tonight in the universally-acclaimed Match of the Century.

Rewatched Dunne/Bate this morn. Excellent match. These two are special. If they were taller... mamma mia!

Rating:
4 and 3/4 Meltzers

I dont quiet know if your beeing sarcastic or not, but I honestly believe Ziggler vs Nakamura could be a fantastic match

Foggy

Awesome to see Dunne & Bate getting so much love from the wrestling world. If I'd said a year ago that those guys had the potential to put on the best match on an NXT TakeOver card, the majority of WrassleGAF would have laughed at the idea, called them vanilla midgets, or just shat on the UK wrestling scene in general.

Time is a flat circle. It'll happen when they get into NXT proper or the main roster.

Zach

I dont quiet know if your beeing sarcastic or not, but I honestly believe Ziggler vs Nakamura could be a fantastic match

I was kidding about Nakamura/Ziggler changing the landscape of wrassle forever. It'll probably be a 3-star non-essential-yet-fun-in-the-moment match.

Meltzer's Twitter inundated with 5* questions, comments and beef.

All of these people are in too deep. It's kinda sad.

Awesome to see Dunne & Bate getting so much love from the wrestling world. If I'd said a year ago that those guys had the potential to put on the best match on an NXT TakeOver card, the majority of WrassleGAF would have laughed at the idea, called them vanilla midgets, or just shat on the UK wrestling scene in general.

I dunno about the majority.

Wrasslegaf is a much better place then it was a year ago for sure though.

Slizz

I was kidding about Nakamura/Ziggler changing the landscape of wrassle forever. It'll probably be a 3-star non-essential-yet-fun-in-the-moment match.

Some one even did the "If it was Okada...."

Him responding to some of them with seemingly a bit of anger is even worse I think, though this guy picked an industry with the craziest fans and has been at the forefront of it for decades.

At a certain point fuck the stars and enjoy a match. I'm gonna rewatch Bate/Dunne at some point today and enjoy it again.

NXT thoughts:

Chicago crowd was awesome. Goes to show too that if you have a babyface that is actually over (Johnny Wrestling), then the crowd will support them when their partner heels on them.

Every match on the card was good, and the uk match was outstanding. I also really enjoyed the finish of Roode/Itami, great psychology with Roode rolling out after the GTS and the double ddt. Supercollider spot was outstanding as well. Moment of the night was probably when Bate sped up the airplane spin, the crowd loved that.

Good luck building Asuka as a heel when she just pinned two women clean. I think Moon pinning her would be a mistake now, let Hojo do it.

Zach

I just think it's dumb to not let the guy like what he likes. Even if his fave wrasslers or venues or whatever get a bump in the ratings. I mean, oh well. He can rate things however he wants. And so can you.

Dude should just stop rating matches. People wouldn't know what to do with themselves. >_>

And yeah, everyone should watch Dunne/Bate again. It holds up after two watches. Really good match that I felt was pretty logical (in the make-believe world of wrassle), which I always appreciate.

I just think it's dumb to not let the guy like what he likes. Even if his fave wrasslers or venues or whatever get a bump in the ratings. I mean, oh well. He can rate things however he wants. And so can you.

Dude should just stop rating matches. People wouldn't know what to do with themselves. >_>

The vocal saltiness of these nitwits probably helps him get subs.

Beefy

NXT thoughts:

Chicago crowd was awesome. Goes to show too that if you have a babyface that is actually over (Johnny Wrestling), then the crowd will support them when their partner heels on them.

Every match on the card was good, and the uk match was outstanding. I also really enjoyed the finish of Roode/Itami, great psychology with Roode rolling out after the GTS and the double ddt. Supercollider spot was outstanding as well. Moment of the night was probably when Bate sped up the airplane spin, the crowd loved that.

Good luck building Asuka as a heel when she just pinned two women clean. I think Moon pinning her would be a mistake now, let Hojo do it.

That Asuka match ending was a massive botch.

Zach

Maybe I wasn't watching closely enough, but I still don't have a prob with Asuka and the finish. Seemed fine that she squashed a couple jabronez.

(Even though it wasn't even a squash. >_>)

Slizz

Asuka was the one that botched it. You can kinda see when she tries to get through the ropes she gets stuck for a split second, they change camera, then she runs the ropes.

Beefy

Maybe I wasn't watching closely enough, but I still don't have a prob with Asuka and the finish. Seemed fine that she squashed a couple jabronez.

(Even though it wasn't even a squash. >_>)

She mistimed it badly, nothing wrong with the her winning.

Lyng

oh yeah of course it wont change the landscape. But Ziggler is one of the better wwe wrestlers, from a technical perspective. So I think it might be a 4 star match.
I am very confident only AJ vs Owens will be a better match from this card.

Beefy

His personality or his in ring work?

I think he is quiet boring on the mic and his gimmick is annoying and forgetable, but I like his in ring work quiet abit.

His racist gimmick also the fact he is a Trump supporter and he wears American trousers as he slaps about minorities. It's weird.

Orange ref was the show stealer of the Takeover. ****** out of 5 beating Bate and Dunne by a star.

That's Drake Younger. Watch some of his matches.

UK scene has definitely blown up the in the past 3 or so years. Crazy to see.

Zach

She mistimed it badly, nothing wrong with the her winning.
Oh yeah. I remember the ref having to slowly count. Eh, it happens. Unfortunately it happened again with Ellering being slow in the main. Kind of a sloppy event overall, yeah? Without the British Monsoon match, it would've probably been the worst NXT especiale.

Overall I think people put way to much value in Dave's ratings.

Edit: Boots WTF is this clown wrestling you're watching?
Yeah, I just hate that they need him to validate their thoughts. Did you love the match? Cool move on. Did Dave rank something high so you should check it out? Sure. But this thought that he didn't like your favorite march as much as you did is such a silly thing.

Beefy

Oh yeah. I remember the ref having to slowly count. Eh, it happens. Unfortunately it happened again with Ellering being slow in the main. Kind of a sloppy event overall, yeah? Without the British Monsoon match, it would've probably been the worst NXT especiale.

Didn't he dislocate his thumb?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just rewatched Dunne v Bate to see if it held up....yup, that was absolutely bonkers still. And the crowd was ridiculous.I counted at least 3 standing ovations, 5 just simple "UK" chants, and for the last 5 mins of the match, people werent even sitting down anymore, that is crazy man.

Foggy

Day 3 of BoSJ uploaded
Fun match with ACH/Kanemaru
KUSHIDA doing the JOB to Tiger Mask
Decent match with Bushi/Desperado
Decent match with Taguchi/Volador

Oh and I guess this happened this morning
DAVwP5BVoAEByeW.jpg

just rewatched Dunne v Bate to see if it held up....yup, that was absolutely bonkers still. And the crowd was ridiculous.I counted at least 3 standing ovations, 5 just simple "UK" chants, and for the last 5 mins of the match, people werent even sitting down anymore, that is crazy man.
What made it even better was that it was a clean finish too!

Dave himself says he just rates matches based on what he feels at the time. I am interested in his opinions and enjoy reading and listening to him because he has been around the business for so long but these things are so subjective it would be hard to care if he really underrated or overrated anything.

People have different preferences too. He seems to prefer NJPW and PWG style kinda matches over WWE style. Which is fine. And it is fine for people to prefer WWE over other styles too. Shit aint hard.

Anyway, I hope Nakamura and Ziggler match will be good but I dont think it will be what a lot of people want. Nakamura is over for so many reasons he doesnt have to kill himself in the ring anymore.

Foggy

DAVzvLQXgAEK_dK.jpg

Yes I want this

Catching up on last night's DDT. Between DDT, AJPW, BoSJ, and NXT, the last 24 hours have been pretty fine.

And Zero1

Top Bottom