• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Carny of the year is Youtube.

If they de monetize the M rated games like COD or GTA5, I can't feed my family.

Looks like it's WWE games and MOBAs in your future.

Seriously though, that sucks, I know a lot of folks that are getting fucked by YouTube. Not like you can just pack up and move to Twitch easily too.

Anth0ny

My main focus on my channel is GTA and Red Dead, so I can only pray those games don't get effected.

I'd still like to cover COD even if it's not monetized... would still get a lot of eyeballs on my channel and subs, and surely they'd fall in love with my irresistible charisma and humor all the same.

Fox318

Honestly people should flee to twitch. At least Amazon can integrate ads to buy products without any fears from advertisers.

ElRenoRaven

Speaking of Wrestle Circus, another great event this past Sunday. Here is the match of the night -

OI4K vs Shane Strickland, Dezmond Xavier and Lio Rush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP23XzlDFgo&t=94s

Yup. Every damn match on the card was pure fun. I'd say it was their best event yet. WIth it up people would be idiots not to take advantage of that deal and get a free month. All their events since January are up on VOD and worth watching. There is always something for everyone on their cards. Best thing is they use the same company CZW uses so if you already have log in stuff for CZW that works there. Then all you gotta do is subscribe while entering that code. Then bam a free month you have. If you like you stay subbed. If you don't then cancel. Easy peazy lemon squeezy. I really like that because I only need one log in and one credit card between both companies streaming services.

Beefy

Honestly people should flee to twitch. At least Amazon can integrate ads to buy products without any fears from advertisers.

Youtube community caused the backlash shit. So many, child abusers, paedos, racists, bigots, sex abusers etc etc on YT.

Anth0ny

The only problem with Twitch is the time commitment. I don't know if I can sit there and stream for like 6 hours a day. Youtube is a bit more flexible. I can sit down and edit a video for 3 hours from 11pm-2am.

Also, I like doing breakdowns of trailers, gameplay, analysis, guides... it's all possible on Twitch, but Youtube is a lot easier.

So it's not an easy transition, unfortunately. I'm gonna stick with youtube for now, see what happens.

Fox318

Youtube community caused the backlash shit. So many, child abusers, paedos, racists, bigots, sex abusers etc etc on YT.

I don't know if you can blame the "community" on that. The internet was always like that. Now we just have a platform where anyone can post everything. When the Pewdepie shit happened I think that was the beginning of the end.

Yea Youtube is a dead platform for gaming content at this point.

Yup.

Look for people like the Yogcast to start moving off the service now unless they make major changes.

Right now it isn't worth being a youtube creator without a Patreon support account.

C_AcAMuUwAARrJe.jpg

495 dollars!

Beefy

I don't know if you can blame the "community" on that. The internet was always like that. Now we just have a platform where anyone can post everything. When the Pewdepie shit happened I think that was the beginning of the end.

It is when no one likes to call the shit out. You have guys like H3H3 who shits on every one but his mates. YT has become so damn toxic that Google are shitting themselves over what to do. I blame both YT and the people with huge followings on it.

somedevil

Story on Lacey Evans on WWE:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/art...utm_source=m.facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Interesting stuff on her life story. She was taking care of her brothers at 22 due to the family having a history of drug use.

Plus the reason she dresses the way she does:

WWE.COM: You often use #LadyofNXT to describe yourself on social media. What’s the meaning behind the hashtag?

EVANS: I love that, as a lady, I’ve accomplished what I have. As a business owner, a veteran, a wife, a mother, a wrestler and a motivator, I love what a lady stands for. Being a woman, raising a little lady and knowing that a lady can be powerful, classy, educated and hard-working. #LadyofNXT stands for showing my daughter and women all over the world that we have no limits, that we are capable of anything. We can take care of business, cook a meal, clean a house, raise babies, handle weapons, protect our family, be a force to be reckoned with and still put on a dress at the end of the day with class, dignity and manners.

Nekofrog

Banned
I remember in the late 90s not having a ton of exposure to Japanese wrestling but being aware of it. The biggest thing was how cool these Japanese wrestler names were that I had never seen any matches our pictures of.

There used to be this text based wrestling promotion simulator game in the late 90s and early 2000s, can't remember the name, but you had a budget and could hire wrestlers from every promotion, and matches were Auto generated text that you could skip to get to the star rating. This is where I read cool names like Hayabusa, Jushin liger, the great muta, etc. If you put a cool sounding Japanese name against another Japanese sounding name (or Chris Benoit) you were guaranteed a 4 star minimum match usually, without even knowing who the guys were.

It is when no one likes to call the shit out. You have guys like H3H3 who shits on every one but his mates. YT has become so damn toxic that Google are shitting themselves over what to do. I blame both YT and the people with huge followings on it.

Yep and this ties right into gaming culture too, gamergate should have died a quick death and yet it really never even died at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I always find it weird how they use a lot of the female talent as jobbers under their real name before they get names and angles.

I remember some totally random tag match where Alexa Bliss wrestled Nikki Glencross, super babyface.

As far as I know I don't think he held a title before the AWA.

Did he hold something in Japan?

Brock is the only one who's first fake sports title was the WWE title

Two NWA titles in the south in the late 70s

I remember in the late 90s not having a ton of exposure to Japanese wrestling but being aware of it. The biggest thing was how cool these Japanese wrestler names were that I had never seen any matches our pictures of.

There used to be this text based wrestling promotion simulator game in the late 90s and early 2000s, can't remember the name, but you had a budget and could hire wrestlers from every promotion, and matches were Auto generated text that you could skip to get to the star rating. This is where I read cool names like Hayabusa, Jushin liger, the great muta, etc. If you put a cool sounding Japanese name against another Japanese sounding name (or Chris Benoit) you were guaranteed a 4 star minimum match usually, without even knowing who the guys were.

Was it EWR or TNM 7.... TNM 7 was my favorite

Pikma

Banned
Not sure about the other categories but I can confirm Twitch is filled with racist and homophobic pieces of shit

With Daria it's weird given that Daria was something of a character instead of just being randomly tossed into matches before the name change occurred.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
With Daria it's weird given that Daria was something of a character instead of just being randomly tossed into matches before the name change occurred.

She had like one segment. I mean, they weren't going to let her be Daria anyways since they don't own her real name.

Beefy

Not sure about the other categories but I can confirm Twitch is filled with racist and homophobic pieces of shit

All needs a clean out but YT, Twitch etc are scared to piss off their big earners. It's why people like Pewdiepie can get away with saying Nigger all the time.

My roommate moved out today and didn't even shake my hand. He'll never make it anywhere in this business if I have anything to do with it.

somedevil

I always find it weird how they use a lot of the female talent as jobbers under their real name before they get names and angles.

I remember some totally random tag match where Alexa Bliss wrestled Nikki Glencross, super babyface.

Still makes me laugh that some review I believe Agnew and Braden called Kimberly Frankele a bad name for a wrestler when it was her real name.

Tall4Life

Canon or bust! Make it a Thunder, I don't care! Let the B+ champ headline against Ultimo Menome!

Excuse me, I have made the B+ title prestigious, it will not be defended on some throwaway show against one of your butt buddies. Show some respect.

Top Bottom