• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Angry Balor is way too silly for me
KuGsj.gif

WrestleMania 2000 is not that bad.

It's got the tag team ladder match.

It's got the EuroContinental match.

It's got a great game named after it.

somedevil

I feel like Finn last NXT match will be that title match with Joe and his last tour is the oversea one after that.

Then I believe he is getting called up.

Zach

I just remembered that new-look Randy Savage interfered in a match, like, months ago (in my chronological viewings, guys, c'mon) and he hasn't been around since. So that's weird.

That is really smart thinking. Do you know any good podcast that covers Japanese wrestling? I saw some on iTunes, but not sure about them.

Voices of Wrestling has a NJPW podcast and a Dragon Gate podcast, while the Fight Network (the Live Audio Wrestling folks) has a more general Japanese wrestling podcast.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I honestly don't get why a couple of people in this thread think its an alltime bad show. It's not even the worst attitude era mania!

This is so hilarious, if you followed the sheets or knew who was in the Kliq, Earl was a member. So obviously the feud with Huntet makes no sense, also, he was the same ref in the screwjob. They don't even try to keep consistency with these things.

And just last year Shane fast counted for Taker against Austin but no one said shit about it.

OH wait and the fucking refs wslked out due to bullshit like being assaulted and not gaving full control over their matches.

At least with Armstrong they kept the consistency over the years. Kinda cool when you think about it. Also, in Jericho's book, his reaction is gold. Vince is like, you'll get it one day but we're taking it from you. That's enough to make you quit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like Finn last NXT match will be that title match with Joe and his last tour is the oversea one after that.

Then I believe he is getting called up.

The chance of him winning the title back is pretty slim, I imagine. Nakamura is going to rip it from Joe at the Brooklyn show.

NoRéN;203283064 said:
You are suddenly completely in charge of WWE and get to do the following:

- Bring back 5 wrestlers who were future endeavored (must still be active wrestlers)
- Hire 5 wrestlers from anywhere in the world (we'll ignore contracts, etc)
- the cost is you have to get rid of 10 WWE superstars currently active

Curious to see the responses and I need something to read during cardio.

Bring back:
Aja Kong
John Morrison/Johnny Mundo
Gail Kim
Kurt Angle
Matt Sydal

Hire Away
Yuji Hino
Kazuchika Okada
Zack Sabre Jr.
Meiko Satomura
Akira Tozawa

Future Endeavor'd
Tamina
Rosa Mendes
Viktor
Primo
Epico
Konnor
D-Von Dudley
Adam Rose
Ryback
Jey Uso

The euro match wasn't all that good.

It should've been Benoit v Angle for the IC title and Jericho should've won yhe euro title earlier so he and Eddie could tear it up, then Chyna screws him.

That ppv was backwards trash.

Anth0ny

main problem is it takes place in the GOAT year

it should have been the GOAT mania

we had to wait a year for that

The euro match wasn't all that good.

It should've been Benoit v Angle for the IC title and Jericho should've won yhe euro title earlier so he and Eddie could tear it up, then Chyna screws him.

That ppv was backwards trash.

I don't remember the match, but I like the idea and how Angle lost both titles without getting pinned or submitting. Eddie/Jericho and Benoit/Angle would've been better but still.

main problem is it takes place in the GOAT year

it should have been the GOAT mania

we had to wait a year for that

It could never be the GOAT without the GOAT though, and that's the bottom line.

I don't remember the match, but I like the idea and how Angle lost both titles without getting pinned or submitting. Eddie/Jericho and Benoit/Angle would've been better but still.

It could never be the GOAT without the GOAT though, and that's the bottom line.
The idea and opponents are good but everyone looks lost in the match

Taz has the ecw title on Raw lol. The best thing about the radicalz is they all held gold at the sane time for only 10 seconds.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's because, like usual, WrassleGAF struggles to discuss anything that isn't WWE

What we should be talking about is Halloween Havoc 2000

Catching up on the last month of NXT, and Eric Young is such a dumb goober. Almost as bad as Aries.

I enjoyed that Asuka/Eva Marie match, though, especially with Graves on commentary.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's because, like usual, WrassleGAF struggles to discuss anything that isn't WWE

What we should be talking about is Halloween Havoc 2000

Oh man. WCW was everything.

Catching up on the last month of NXT, and Eric Young is such a dumb goober. Almost as bad as Aries.

I enjoyed that Asuka/Eva Marie match, though, especially with Graves on commentary.

Yeah, Young is just...blech. Both Aries and Young are folks I could do without. At least they get a pittance with the royalties from here, though.

I love how WrestleMania 2000 is one of the Constant WrassleGAF Topics.

Oh my gah, Public Enemy is in the WWF?!

It doesn't last long

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The first Starcades are so, so much better than the first Wrestlemanias. It's not even close either.

Without a doubt. Those were huge, prestigious events. Early Manias are painful, tbh. It wasn't until around Mania IX (and that's being generous) that they were a good event.

Fox318

The first Starcades are so, so much better than the first Wrestlemanias. It's not even close either.

yup.

Imagine if the cable companies told vince to fuck off with trying to kill starrcade and they didnt go to Chicago?

WCW would probably still be around today

As some who was 4 when WM 2000 happen, why is it view as being bad?
Oh god look at the card. There's only one singles match in the roster.

The main event has set up what we have now in wwe. If you watch that ending, you'd think it's 2016. Also, the build up, no natch was announced until two weeks until the ppv.

Nothing was solved. I'll tell you more later but it's baaaaad.

Top Bottom