• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Evolution/HHH's Reign of Terror did more to hurt mainstream wrestling than the McMahon-Helmsley era did. Though the McMahon-Helmsley era certainly was the drizzling shits.

Yknow I don't think any booking did

Chris Benoit did it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
meltzer worship is really fucking weird and creepy

ystIF3k.jpg

Aja Kong vs Faby????

also need Akebono vs Canek

In slightly related news, Hashimoto's kid is actually pretty solid. He's taking a hard road by hanging around BJW getting the ever loving shit beat out of him.

BJW's probably the best place for Daichi, he really shouldn't have wasted his time with IGF and just gone freelance instead - would've been cool if he'd gone to the NJ dojo, but New Japan will almost certainly have interest in him in the future just as Hashimoto's kid anyways.

Daichi Hashimoto's hanging with the strong BJW hosses and learning how to use his kicks to effectively pace the match. And now that BJW is linked to AJPW, Hashimoto gets access to those experiences too. With some seasoning, he could go places.

Caught up with Lucha Underground today.

Cage in a Cage was a lot of fun, and Taya adds a lot to Johnny Mundo's shtick. Taya should be getting the push instead of Sexy Star.

That elimination trios match was great, and it's one of Lucha Underground's stand-out match of the year. If I had to pick LU's best match of the year, I'd still pick Aztec Warfare II because that was the perfect amalgamation of wrestling and storytelling, but the trios match is a definite contender.

I hope the story with The Mack/Marty The Moth/Mariposa/Sexy Star is blown off with that No Mas match. Mariposa and Sexy Star had a decent plunder match, which helps to hide a lot of Sexy Star's weaknesses. I guess El Rey can air "fuck" without a problem.

Cage vs. Mascarita Sagrada was a lot of fun and a good way to use Famous B.

Sinestro de la Muerte feels like a waste of time until he can show that he can actually go in the ring. He didn't impress me when he was in the Disciples, and he didn't do anything in the Cuerno match.

Dragon Azteca Jr. needs to lose that Geico Gecko head dress. It looks ridiculous.
4N5XFRXT

GEICO-Gecko-B.jpg

While we're at it, give Prince Puma's head gear back to the high school trophy case from which it came.

Starting the trios title match and the Matanza vs. Muertes Graver Consequences match after my a lunch break.

I'll say this much: it was pretty easy to shotgun three episodes of LU consecutively. I couldn't imagine binging on WWE programming, even NXT, like that.

Nekofrog

Banned
I think Evolution/HHH's Reign of Terror did more to hurt mainstream wrestling than the McMahon-Helmsley era did. Though the McMahon-Helmsley era certainly was the drizzling shits.

It was super fun when angle was the guy in the love triangle. Good stuff then they just forget it happened and no payoff

Zach

Does "Cerebral Assassin" refer to Triple H being the master of lowest common denominator low-hanging fruit? Because this guy always takes the easy road, exploiting the dumbest fans. Everything is so dumb that he says. Everything.

(Through early 1999.)

klonere

Banned
This entrance though, AA are gonna be so big.

5runa6L.gif

All you shoot fans should watch this match, some prime WRASSLIN on display. Finish spoilers
Oh and the "rivals distract champion into rollup finish" was nicely subverted.

Well then Nak America steals the whole show in a 10 second interview

Does "Cerebral Assassin" refer to Triple H being the master of lowest common denominator low-hanging fruit? Because this guy always takes the easy road, exploiting the dumbest fans. Everything is so dumb that he says. Everything.

(Through early 1999.)
He tries too hard imo. So hard it's not good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This entrance though, AA are gonna be so big.

5runa6L.gif

All you shoot fans should watch this match, some prime WRASSLIN on display. Finish spoilers
Oh and the "rivals distract champion into rollup finish" was nicely subverted.

Well then Nak America steals the whole show in a 10 second interview

At this point you should just expect Jason Jordan and Big Cass to headline WrestleMania 34.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how the best way to interfere in someone's match is to walk out to the ramp and just stand there.

I miss taking the camera backstage to follow the contender and champion from backstage through the curtain during championship matches though. That was a unique perspective in NXT, and they haven't used it in months.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Triple H, Jeff Jarrett, and Shane Douglas are all in the same group.

'Above Average' Mike Sanders would be in that group too, but he wasn't overbooked like those so he's actually what you do with that kind of person if they don't have dirt on the boss or good hookups

Angry Grimace

Not familiar with the drifter. Why don't people like him?

He's a heel deliberately designed to be annoying and pushed just enough to get him over as a heel.

Basically he's just heel-over, "smarks" just worked themselves into believing its some kind of Go Away Heat.

Zach

Triple H, Jeff Jarrett, and Shane Douglas are all in the same group.

'Above Average' Mike Sanders would be in that group too, but he wasn't overbooked like those so he's actually what you do with that kind of person if they don't have dirt on the boss or good hookups
I don't know much about Sanders, but YES about Triple H, Double J, and Single S and D! I was just thinking about that! Did I already mention it?? Are we the same person, Data West??

Either way, it was during the last ECW PPV that I was watching that I was thinking they were all on the same tier, and that I'd probably take Shane Douglas over the other two. >_>

Eddie v Essa should be match of the night. I'd like an intergender tag match between the two teams. Lita looks disgusting in all read though.

Dragon Azteca Jr. needs to lose that Geico Gecko head dress. It looks ridiculous.

While we're at it, give Prince Puma's head gear back to the high school trophy case from which it came.

Cuerno looks like he killed a god damn mythical stag and is wearing its stuffed head as a trophy. Puma and Azteca look like they raided the local Toys R Us.

Top Bottom